1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

I'd like to see some Dunbar at RB

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by dfense, Nov 6, 2012.

1. dfense

dfense Well-Known Member

2,770 Messages
    328 Likes Received
    From what I've seen when he's had chances, they should give him a few more reps in the game.
  2. ROUSH8692

ROUSH8692 Well-Known Member

1,236 Messages
    69 Likes Received
    Did you watch the game vs. the Falcons?

He sucked...

DUMBar doesnt even know when NOT to bring kicks out of the endzone... Average field position of the 11 yard line... Horrible.
  3. Kangaroo

Kangaroo Active Member

9,893 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    8 for 26 Dunbar

9 for 39 Jones
  4. WV Cowboy

WV Cowboy Waitin' on the 6th

11,129 Messages
    1,393 Likes Received
    I'd like to see our OL learn to run-block.
  5. panchucko

panchucko We have a pretty good offense Zone Supporter

2,027 Messages
    182 Likes Received
    I have seen enough of Dunbar, might as well bring Olawale up and see what he can do.
  6. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

31,834 Messages
    7,563 Likes Received
    I like him, too. He's very quick, and he keeps running.

I saw him run into an awful lot of brick walls on Sunday, not sure why people were disappointed in him. He did make one or two questionable choices in the return game, but I don't mind those as long as they get us out over the 15 and able to use our full offense. I'll risk 5 yards to pickup more if there's really an opportunity there, and he did have the one nice return that got called back by the block in the back.
  7. coblue

coblue Member

374 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    If you think Dunbar sucks, you cannot recognize what it takes to be RB in the NFL.

He is shifty, quick, determined to get every yard. Give him as many carries as Felix and he will break more good runs.
  8. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

11,896 Messages
    1,210 Likes Received
    Dunbar has some quickness but he's an average back at best. He's rushed for 37 yards on 9 carries 11 of those yards came on one carry. He's certainly nothing special he's only getting opportunities because the team is in a pinch with Murray out and Felix not being 100%.
  9. dfense

dfense Well-Known Member

2,770 Messages
    328 Likes Received
    He showed some awareness in traffic on inside runs against the Ravens. You've seen all your getting from Felix and he's due to get injured again. Give him the ball more than 8 times before your on to the next flavor eh?

:bang2:
  10. 17yearsandcounting

17yearsandcounting Benched

2,391 Messages
    1,677 Likes Received
    Can he block or catch?

He certainly wont be running the ball. What team do you think you are watching?
  11. dfense

dfense Well-Known Member

2,770 Messages
    328 Likes Received
    That's because like most Cowboy fans, it has to be instant success. The offensive line has to be a cohesive, 3 year experienced unit in 4 games max. If Dunbar does'nt break off a 50 yard run on his immense 13 or so carries he's had so far, then he sucks.

It's why I love to read these incredibly insiteful posts. :)
  12. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

25,596 Messages
    1,013 Likes Received
    he is OK -- but you use a guy like that as a change of pace. He isn't going to be effective with a ton of reps
  13. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

38,861 Messages
    4,428 Likes Received
    He's a run of the mill change of pace back. I like his speed and quickness but I'm not certain he has quite enough of either. I would like to see him in the open field to see his missem' and I'd like to see some passes in space.

Rodgers is the kind of back I'd like to see as our change of pace back.
  14. Hailmary

Hailmary Well-Known Member

2,265 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    I see some potential, but he'll need this offseason to add some bulk (but not too much where he loses flexibility).
  15. cowboyschmps3

cowboyschmps3 Well-Known Member

2,791 Messages
    199 Likes Received
    We should let him run ball more from running back spot
  16. KJJ

11,896 Messages
    1,210 Likes Received
    If the Cowboys are going to have any prayer of making the playoffs this season they need instant success starting this Sunday in Philly. This team doesn't have much room for error from this point on. The entire team has to become cohesive now or they'll be playing for next year in the next 3 weeks. Then they can play as many scrubs as they want to see if they have a future beyond this season.
  17. lane

lane The Chairman

11,009 Messages
    868 Likes Received
    do you think we win this week kjj?
  18. KJJ

11,896 Messages
    1,210 Likes Received
    The Cowboys are so inconsistent it's hard to predict a win with them especially on the road but Philly looks so beatable right now I think the Cowboys find a way to win this one. Vick is taking a lot of punishment behind what appears to be a totally shot OL. He looks like he's completely lost his confidence.

The Cowboys defense should be able put some heat on him and force him into some mistakes. If the Cowboys can't beat Philly with the 4 game funk they're in right now Sunday will be the low point of their season.
  19. Ultra Warrior

Ultra Warrior 6 Million Light-years beyond believability.

1,564 Messages
    298 Likes Received
    I'd rather see more Tanner than Dunbar.
  20. dfense

dfense Well-Known Member

2,770 Messages
    328 Likes Received
    Must have read my mind....

Nov 6
    4:04
    PM CT
    By Calvin Watkins | ESPNDallas.com

After reviewing the Cowboys' 19-13 loss to the Atlanta Falcons on Sunday night, we offer up some thoughts on what we've seen and heard.

Here's our weekly Random Thoughts.

1. It looks like DeMarco Murray won't play this week against the Philadelphia Eagles, and if that's the case it means Felix Jones will get the start again. But after watching Jones rumble for 39 yards on nine carries, it should be worth noting Lance Dunbar (North Texas) picked up more carries as the No. 3 back over No. 2 back Phillip Tanner. Dunbar carried eight times for 26 yards and Tanner had just one carry Sunday night. Coach Jason Garrett said Tanner's special teams duties pushed the Cowboys to give more carries to Dunbar. It was a smart move, but maybe Dunbar should start at Philadelphia. It's not like Jones has torn up opposing defenses. Maybe moving Dunbar to the starting role could give the Cowboys a change of pace necessary for a weak running game. Dunbar seems shiftier and quicker than Jones.