1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

If Aikman, Irvin, and Wright are all skipped on the HOF, do you think voting will....

Discussion in 'History Zone' started by TruBlueCowboy, Jan 31, 2006.

1. TruBlueCowboy

TruBlueCowboy New Member

7,301 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    ....finally change?

As much as I want to see at least one Cowboy in the HOF this year, I wonder what would happen if the Cowboys were on the end of another 3 player snub. It would be hard for the voters to claim there is no bias. They're not dumb enough to keep #22 out of the HOF, but I already read enough stuff from the Cowboys haters arguing against Aikman, Irvin, and Wright, that I think it's a real possibility they may keep the Cowboys out of the HOF again.

What do you think? If we are once again passed over, will someone finally take note and decide to change the HOF voting process?
  2. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    Nope because they will still claim the process works.
  3. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,870 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Aikman will get in because the voters don't want to legitimate the claim that they're biased, but they really are.
  4. BigDFan5

BigDFan5 In Tebow I Trust

14,909 Messages
    14 Likes Received

I won't say whether there is or is not bias, but they won't hold Aikman out for that exact reason. They know if they do it will make all the claims legitamate
  5. Wheat

Wheat Philosopher

2,924 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    its time to take the voting out of the hands of meatwads like Peter King and Dr. Z, and put it in the hands of current HOF members and some other folks.

no more writers. They'll stiff a guy who wouldn't give them an interview, even if the guy retired all-time leader in a number of stats.
  6. conner01

conner01 Well-Known Member

2,452 Messages
    189 Likes Received
    nothing would surprise me. if a writer can justify not having wright, or monk in the h.o.f. then you can justify almost anyone. as long as they don't play for the steelers
  7. jgboys1

jgboys1 Well-Known Member

3,725 Messages
    55 Likes Received
    Dr Z quit, because he said he was not happy with the Cowboy bias, and Peter King said he voted for Irvin.
  8. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

25,354 Messages
    813 Likes Received
    Every team's fans thinks that voters are biased against guys on their team.
  9. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    BINGO

Agreeing with a Skins fan *shudder* ;)
  10. AbeBeta

25,354 Messages
    813 Likes Received
    no, they stiff a guy who was borderline if he was a jerk. if you are clearly the best you don't get stiffed.

really it is like that in any arena -- why does this surprise everyone so much?
  11. Ashwynn

Ashwynn Well-Known Member

3,273 Messages
    89 Likes Received
    I dont know, I am thinking enough bad press has come to light on the HOF and is biases. You have pple like Dan Patrick and Sean Salisbury that are even talking about the anti-cowboy bias and how its no longer a perception, but a reality. These are not local hometown reporters whining there local hero did not get in, which is what it looks like when lebreton or Spags etc....go on national TV and complain.

I think Wright has a really good shot this year. If he does not get in, I will consider the HOF a fake entity and not associated with the real NFL. I have been there, and would never return or give any kind of approval towards the hall at any point in the future.

We as Cowboy fans have been ripped off. We have more HOFers not in the hall then we do in the hall. Thats a tavesty if the HOF is about true greatness and not true northeastern greatness and a few southeners.
  12. Ashwynn

Ashwynn Well-Known Member

3,273 Messages
    89 Likes Received
    Dont lump Dr z in with King and Mort and them, Dr z quit the vote because of the bias. He dflat out stated there was one and would not participate in a farce any longer, and gave his vote up.
  13. THUMPER

THUMPER Papa

9,522 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Really? Even fans of the Steelers, Packers, and Dolphins? I'd be surprised.

Lots of teams have guys that were HOF-worthy but most of them had nowhere near the success that the Cowboys have had.

Considering the 20-consecutive winning seasons and 5 SB appearances in the 70s it is apalling that there are only a handful of Cowboys players from that era in the HOF particularly when you compare it to the other teams from that same era who have 7-10 players inducted but in some cases had less success.

The NFL HOF is a total joke and I don't care what they do anymore. Unless they redress the situation and add about another half-dozen Cowboys from the 60s-80s they will never have any credibility with me.
  14. Cristoff

Cristoff Member

68 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    What's your point? Are you trying to justifiy the fact that some of the writers are indeed biased. I really don't see the national coverage that the cowboys receive regarding the issue afforded to other teams.
  15. AbeBeta

25,354 Messages
    813 Likes Received
    No, I'm saying that fans usually think their players are better than they are. And that fans confuse great player with hall of fame player
  16. Qwickdraw

Qwickdraw Benched

5,451 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Who cares?

I know how good they were.
    I know who deserves the honor.
    So do you.
    That's what matters.
  17. DA FAN

DA FAN Active Member

1,081 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    They may "think" that. BUT with our player's, it's been proven, by either the player's stats, number of SB appearances/wins, Pro -Bowl Selection, etc. that Cowboys players are left out.
  18. DA FAN

DA FAN Active Member

1,081 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I think one way to Honor our GREAT players would be for Jerry to build an awesome "Dallas Cowboys Hall of FAME" next to the new stadium.

Although not all of our Great players may qualify and be inducted into the Cowboys Ring of Honor and/or NFL HOF, they can still be in the DC HOF?
  19. jimmy40

jimmy40 Well-Known Member

15,087 Messages
    277 Likes Received
    Funny thing is you don't hear Cowboys HOFs complaining about Cowboys players that aren't there, not much anyway.
    Letting HOF members vote would assure more Steelers in. Maybe one vote per team represented there.
  20. kingwhicker

kingwhicker BCRSA

3,290 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Nope, and all three will be- book it.