1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

If Aikman, Irvin, and Wright are all skipped on the HOF, do you think voting will....

Discussion in 'History Zone' started by TruBlueCowboy, Jan 31, 2006.

1. jimmy40

jimmy40 Well-Known Member

15,206 Messages
    313 Likes Received
    Saying the HOF is a joke takes away from the Cowboys players that are there.
  2. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,942 Messages
    356 Likes Received
    ala' Art Monk... and he SHOULD be in...
  3. Chief

Chief "Friggin Joke Monkey"

8,541 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    And nobody harbors grudges like players and coaches (or GMs and owners).

It's always going to be flawed ... there's no perfect way to do it.

Jerry's one vote for the Ring of Honor doesn't work either.

I heard Peter King on the radio two days ago use Pro Bowls as a means for measuring a player's greatness ... and we all know the Pro Bowl voting is a joke.

It's getting to be fairly predictable now. Aikman will get in on Saturday. Rayfield has about a 50-50 chance. I think they'll make Irvin wait at least another year.

The best thing to do, as a fan, is just try to minimize the importance of it in your mind. The voters, the voting system, the yellow blazers (Steelers' yellow) ... is all sickening to me. I do get somewhat disappointed for guys like Cliff Harris and Drew Pearson, but there's nothing I can do about it.

It is interesting that Troy is spending two days this week with Jimmy in Florida. I bet Jimmy is the odds-on favorite to introduce Troy at the ceremony this summer.
  4. jimmy40

jimmy40 Well-Known Member

15,206 Messages
    313 Likes Received
    Let Ervin introduce Aikman. :D Now that would be worth the price of admission.
  5. Reality

Reality Administrator Staff Member

11,865 Messages
    1,677 Likes Received
    Aikman will get in .. even if he were a bubble/fringe candidate, being widely considered as one of the top sportscasters now (aka: media), he would still get in. That being said .. the fact that he led the Cowboys to three Super Bowl wins will get him in.

I expect Wright will get in if for no other reason than to get rid of the constant anti-Cowboys articles and conspiracy theories for the next year. Nevermind the fact that he deserves to be in and should have been in long ago.

As for Irvin, I don't think he makes it this year, but not for the reasons many have stated. While the arrest a few months ago and the stat comparisons to other HOF receivers along with having Art Monk being considered are all factors, I think the biggest obstacle for Irvin is that if Aikman and Wright both get in, he'll probably get penalized for it because I don't see three Cowboys players going into the HoF at the same time.

Now, if Wright doesn't get in, then I do expect Irvin will be voted in, if for no other reason than the same logic I used on Wright .. to get rid of the conspiracy articles and questions.

-Reality
  6. fiveandcounting

fiveandcounting New Member

1,592 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  7. jackrussell

jackrussell Last of the Duke Street Kings

4,162 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    And so do the writers as evident by some of their recent selections.
  8. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    If it's a choice between Wright and Madden.....we know who will get it
  9. THUMPER

THUMPER Papa

9,522 Messages
    0 Likes Received