1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

If Bledsoe has a Mediocre Year will it be his... Last?!

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Phoenix-Talon, Jul 10, 2006.

1. The Answer

The Answer Benched

473 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Not necessarily....if we win it all or get to the NFC championship or superbowl and lose....then The Answer can definitely see Drew coming back, even if Parcells walks simply because Drew wants to win a title, Parcells already has his.

Also you have to consider that Bledsoe is only 6553 yards away from the 50K mark, and 56 TD's away from the 300 mark....both very achievable milestones by the end of the 2007 season that will most certainly stamp Bledsoe's HOF induction on the 1st ballot...even if he don't win a world title, numbers like that cannot and won't be ignored.

~The Answer
  2. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

50,768 Messages
    4,844 Likes Received
    As much as it pains me to say this........I think I agree with the answer The Answer just gave. :eek:
  3. The Answer

The Answer Benched

473 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Bledsoe has already accomplished so much with so little around him in 13 NFL seasons and now that he finally has 'help' it's scary to think of the potential.....but The Answer does agree that this is truly the season that will define Bledsoe's entire career, assuming we stay relatively healthy.

Aside from his appearance in the 2001 AFC Championship, Drew has not made the playoffs as a starter since 1998...even though he came VERY close in 2002, 2004 and 2005. The Answer believes that Drew has to at least get back in the tourney a few more seasons or the numbers might not look as good when it comes time to punch his ticket into canton....either way he's already had a great career and hopefully the best is yet to come!

~The Answer
  4. The Answer

The Answer Benched

473 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Jerry Jones isn't a stupid man.....and unless Bledsoe looks completely pathetic (i.e. Brett Favre in 2005) or has a career ending injury at the age of 34....there's no way he's going to bring in another QB while we have the type of talent on offense we do now...

A drafted rookie wouldn't be ready to start and lead this team to the playoffs in 2007 even if it was the #1 overall pick...and what other big name FA's are available after this season.....Mike Vick? No thanks, but The Answer prefers to stick with Bledsoe at least until the end of next year....

~The Answer
  5. The Answer

The Answer Benched

473 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The Ivy League Assassin is definitely a player to keep an eye on this summer....The Answer has scouted Mroz and see's a lot of similarities to Drew Bledsoe, and these have been duly noted by Chris Palmer.

If Mroz comes to play....than Henson might be on the waiver wire sooner than later....

~The Answer
  6. The Answer

The Answer Benched

473 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    As an eagles fan, you should be well aware of the damage Bledsoe can do when he has time to throw, even against an all pro secondary like Philly as we saw in the 1st meeting last year.

Even under duress though, we saw we he can do. The Answer still believes one of the biggest plays of the season came in Philly on MNF when Bledsoe through that TD pass to Glenn late in the 4th quarter after struggling most of the game.....we all know what happened on the next series when McNabb through the INT to RW.....

~The Answer
  7. Phoenix-Talon

Phoenix-Talon Eagles Fan Liaison

5,024 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Never said Bledsoe wasn't a threat ..."TA." Just sayIng that the Dallas OL will have to step up their game if they intend to thwart NFC-East DLs in 2006. Believe we've all arrived back to some powerful DLs.
  8. dmq

dmq If I'm so pretty, why am I available?

6,847 Messages
    215 Likes Received
    Lets not forget about Julius not being 100%. To me, Bledsoe's numbers are impressive. A hurt RB, our #3 receiver going down. A rookie RT not ready for prime time. Our best linemen going down. Yet Bledsoe still moved the ball. I for one can't wait to see TO on one side and Terry on the other.
  9. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

18,054 Messages
    1,735 Likes Received
    In my opinion, it's opposing defenses who need to worry - not Bledsoe.

He's the best quarterback this team has had since Aikman.

He came to Dallas and in his first year here, put up the second-best passing yardage in team history, despite the struggles from his offensive line (which have been addressed).

I think he's the best passer that Owens has ever played with and Owens the best receiver Bledsoe has had. Together I think they can be a lethal combination.

Look no further than Terry Glenn's teriffic season to see what a great passer can do for a receiver (and vice-versa).

Bledsoe was on pace for 29 TD's and 11 INT's last season behind a mediocre line. WIth improvement this year and arguably the league's best receiver, he could be even better.
  10. ConcreteBoy

ConcreteBoy Benched

74 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Bledsoe put up 6 to 7 more points per game than recent previous years.

Healthy/upgraded line
    Witten/Fassano big tagets
    TO
    Julius Jones Healthy

There is a chance this offense could go off this year. And get our defense a lead and we can really tear into opposing QB's. There will be no more run the ball and keep it close mentality. Its Air Parcells again in 2006.
  11. dmq

dmq If I'm so pretty, why am I available?

6,847 Messages
    215 Likes Received

Being in NY, I watched many Jets games when Parcells was coach. Let me tell it like it is. Parcells is not Offensively Conservative. If he has to be, he will. When he has weapons, he uses them.
  12. MossBurner

MossBurner New Member

505 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I agree.

I'll add to it, though. If the Cowboys don't make the playoffs, JJ should fire the Tuna. There is no excuse this year, barring catastrophic injury.
  13. stasheroo

18,054 Messages
    1,735 Likes Received
    Is Gibbs being held to the same standard?

Would Snyder replace him with Greg Williams if the Redskins didn't make the playoffs?
  14. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

77,916 Messages
    3,415 Likes Received
    They love you when you win and hate you when you lose. Thankfully fans do not run teams.
  15. ConcreteBoy

ConcreteBoy Benched

74 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    This team will make the playoffs.
    Blowing up Bledsoe/Parcells at this point sets you right back to 4 to 6 game win mode.

Kinda like what happened to the Bills last year.:p:
  16. Da Hammer

Da Hammer The Natural

10,604 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    if Bledsoe has a mediocre year then yes he deserves to get his butt run out of town. heck last year he had a good year despite havin played behind perhaps the worst O-line after houston in the NFL. there are no excuses for him not to have a pro-bowl type year and lead us to the playoffs. we improved in almost every position and now its time for him to lead where we want to go
  17. Phoenix-Talon

Phoenix-Talon Eagles Fan Liaison

5,024 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    In your opinion(s) do you believe that the 2005 Cowboys schedule versus the 2006 Cowboys schedule will have an impact on Bledsoe's performance?

In other words, what kind of impact will a tougher 2006 schedule create for Bledsoe/the OL?

Someone put up the first 8 teams to determine if they have the superior/inferior DL as it applies to the Cowboys OL (I don't have the Cowboys schedule readily available).

Your option (of course).
  18. MossBurner

MossBurner New Member

505 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Well, how many years has Bill been in Dallas? How many playoff games has he won?

The difference in Washington is, Gibbs has won a playoff game. The team has been transformed into a Super Bowl contender in 2 seasons.

Don't get me wrong, I think Dallas will be strong this season. But, it's time for Parcells to deliver.
  19. NorTex

NorTex Member

982 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    Exactly!!! That is the question that Philly fans should be asking!
  20. stasheroo

18,054 Messages
    1,735 Likes Received
    Parcells made the playoffs once - same as Gibbs. And he did it with much less of a team than Gibbs did in 2005.

One point separated the Cowboys from replacing the Redskins in the playoffs, so any "difference" isn't as wide as you might think.

You call the Redskins "Super Bowl contenders" and then expect Parcells to "deliver" this season. I guess it's a different set of rules in Washington then?

The fact is that both Washington and Dallas are in the same boat.

Both have aging coaches who will soon retire.

Both have older quarterbacks with few years left (Brunell even less than Bledsoe)

And both are gearing up to try to win a championship this year.

As such, both should be held to the same high standards in terms of "delivering".