1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

If Bush Did This, It Would Have Made National Headlines For Weeks

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by Rogah, Jan 28, 2009.

1. Rogah

Rogah Well-Known Member

3,668 Messages
    69 Likes Received
  2. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

60,442 Messages
    3,713 Likes Received
    I imagine you are right...I would think someone that lived there 8 years would know where the door was by then. :laugh2:
  3. iceberg

iceberg detoxed Zone Supporter

28,177 Messages
    1,212 Likes Received
    the problem with things like this being lobbed at obama is that when he can/will/does make a legit mistake, it's all watered down cause you dog his every move and giggle.
  4. masomenos

masomenos Less is more

5,971 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Well, the difference is that Obama doesn't look goofy in the photo. Of course, when doors didn't open for Bush, he made this face...

[IMG]

:laugh2:

To his credit, at least Bush was just trying to open a locked door and not a large window, lol.
  5. davidyee

davidyee Maple Leaf

3,718 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    ...is good reason to ridicule either man for something they cannot control - one for unfamiliarity and the other a locked door.
  6. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    I don't know about Obama, but at least Bush had a good sense of humor. I hope Obama does.
  7. davidyee

davidyee Maple Leaf

3,718 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    ...have attacked the resident of the Oval Office whoever is sitting there better have a good sense of humour.
  8. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Outstanding!! :lmao2: :bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow:
  9. Rackat

Rackat Active Member

2,134 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Caption time:
    [IMG]
    Dang, I thought it was the way out, but I opened it and it was Nancy Pelosi's dressing room. Scared the bejeebers out of me!
  10. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

75,878 Messages
    2,122 Likes Received
    No he just looks goofy dancing
  11. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

32,846 Messages
    611 Likes Received
    We have resorted to making fun of the man for mistaking a huge framed window for a framed door in the biggest house he has ever lived in after 1 week?

This looks like a "Concord" started thread.
  12. iceberg

iceberg detoxed Zone Supporter

28,177 Messages
    1,212 Likes Received
    it's amazing how the extremes can look the same in the end.
  13. ConcordCowboy

ConcordCowboy Mr. Buckeye

12,747 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Yeah making fun of Obama (and being serious about it) for not knowing where a door is the same as making fun of O'Reilly...who has been wrong about WWII before.

:rolleyes:
  14. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

60,442 Messages
    3,713 Likes Received
    Or we can just take it for what it is...a funny thing that is not harmful to anyone.

Just saying.

W looked funny with that door pic and obama looked funny trying to open a door that was a window.

I don't see anything bad in laughing at some harmless thing. Just cause they are presidents don't mean we can't laugh at a goofy moment.
  15. ConcordCowboy

ConcordCowboy Mr. Buckeye

12,747 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    That would require a sense of humor.
  16. Rogah

Rogah Well-Known Member

3,668 Messages
    69 Likes Received
    I am not making fun of the guy. Where in my post have I said anything disparaging of President Obama? I didn't criticize him, make fun of him or make any remark of the kind.

All I did was say that if President Bush walked up to a window as if it was a door, it would be a national story. While I gladly admit "national headlines for weeks" was clearly intended to be a conscious exaggeration, I stand by the point expressed in my statement.
  17. Bach

Bach Benched

7,645 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    And you are totally right.

It's much the same as when the media and pundits would pounce on every little thing Quayle did, yet never mention the many gaffes and dumb comments Gore made when he was V.P.
  18. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

20,773 Messages
    942 Likes Received
    Good sense of humor? It wasn't funny when Bush was pretending to look for weapons of mass destruction at a dinner function. It was poor taste. I don't think the guy is funny. I don't know if Obama is funny. My bet is he isn't. Most politicians don't have a good sense of humor.
  19. Rogah

Rogah Well-Known Member

3,668 Messages
    69 Likes Received
    I agree that the Bush's jokes from that evening were in extremely poor taste. But, that aside, he has shown to have a likeable, light-hearted side to his personality. So has Obama. I think Obama, however, has thus far demonstrated a far better grasp on when to show it and when to hide it.
  20. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Says a lot about your lack thereof. What a miserable life you must live, never laughing.