1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

If Dallas trades back into second round,

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Chuck 54, Apr 26, 2012.

1. dools

dools Member

222 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Jenkins + our 4th rounder
  2. BIGDen

BIGDen Dr. Freakasaurus Zone Supporter

4,439 Messages
    260 Likes Received
    If we trade up into the second then I would be cool with any of those guys. If we stay at 3, then I think Blake would be a good choice.
  3. basstapp

basstapp Well-Known Member

1,144 Messages
    214 Likes Received
    I agree how do you not give Luck his favorite receiver :).
  4. fanfromvirginia

fanfromvirginia Inconceivable!

4,014 Messages
    164 Likes Received
    Now we are getting somewhere. Probably still not enough.
  5. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,891 Messages
    2,361 Likes Received
    i think indy takes fleener with the 1st pick of round 2 to pair up with luck
  6. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,891 Messages
    2,361 Likes Received

exactly, we dont have a 2nd round pick :)
  7. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,293 Messages
    1,244 Likes Received
    I think as far as G, they like Ronald Leary. He's projected to be a 5th to 6th round player, so I expect we'll try to nab him in the 5th if we like him so much.

How we attack center, I have no idea.
  8. JIMMYBUFFETT

JIMMYBUFFETT Skinwalker

1,216 Messages
    174 Likes Received
    That's what I would think. I'd think they would have to be looking at Konz, Glenn, Upshaw, Branch, Curry, Still, and Reyes as names they would move up for. They'd still have a 3rd and 4th(Comp) to work with after that.
  9. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,581 Messages
    2,963 Likes Received
    Man, this!

Look at the players remaining on the board people!
  10. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

31,334 Messages
    229 Likes Received
    I think Glenn and Fleener are gone in the first 4-5 picks of the second around.

I think Fleener is gone to the Colts. Luck and Fleener to be reunited in Indy.
  11. Fla Cowpoke

Fla Cowpoke Well-Known Member

2,700 Messages
    600 Likes Received
    I don't think it has to be DL or S but would be ok if it was. There are centers in the 4th round that will be upgrades over what we have so we could still get three starters out of this draft, which is what we were looking for.

As far as trading back into the second, it's easy...you just offer next year's first. NE is sitting there with the 16th pick of the second, after making two picks in the first and having two in the second, you know they would be a likely trading partner with their history of trying to get extra first rounders every year. Our 2013 first by itself should be enough to get their #16. Maybe throw in Jenkins if you have to.

Outside of that, there really isn't a combo that will get us back into the second, unless we use our 3rd and 4th and by the old chart that only gets us up to the top of the 3rd. Adding Jenkins or Jones might get us into the middle of the second at best.

I think there are lots of reasons to consider using next year's first. Seems with the free agency moves and the first draft move we are trying to make a push NOW. If we succeed, our draft pick will be in the back half of the first round. Secondly, we should have a better cap situation and can fill holes next year in free agency to make up for the loss of a first rounder. There are a number of guys that have already dropped that had first round grades in many opinions so the value is there.