1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

If Donald is not available at the 16?, 2 rd DT great option!!

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by PuertoricanBoy, Mar 15, 2014.

1. PuertoricanBoy

PuertoricanBoy Member

83 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    I saw Dominique Easley highlights and this guy shoot the gap like cannon shell. I know that the kid come from ACL injury but at this moment we are consider Melton that comes from injury too. See the highlights and believe me this guy is very, very impressive. If the guy is available in 2 rd I will pull the trigger. He fits the bill.

2. TheFinisher

TheFinisher Well-Known Member

2,463 Messages
    621 Likes Received
    Yea, I want Jernigan and Easley. Would be a great first step to rebuilding this line.
  3. PuertoricanBoy

PuertoricanBoy Member

83 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Yea, we need to build a swarming defense based in speed, relentless pursuit and high motor guys.. The D-Line are the building block of the defense.
  4. 1LoyalCowboyFan

1LoyalCowboyFan Active Member Zone Supporter

633 Messages
    76 Likes Received
    Man I'm super excited of what our Dline could look like. Here's hoping. Donald, Jernigan, or Easley we need to land one atleast.
  5. Fredd

Fredd Well-Known Member

3,716 Messages
    1,398 Likes Received
    They can't just have ALL rookies in there starting...they need at least one guy (preferably more than one) that can show the rooks the ropes (at least on the field)...that is why they need someone like Melton...
  6. Nirvana

Nirvana Well-Known Member

4,065 Messages
    1,105 Likes Received
    I'm on board with Easley in the 2nd. In the 1st I like a trade down and grabbing DE early (but no reaching.)
  7. reddyuta

reddyuta Well-Known Member

6,037 Messages
    634 Likes Received
    are you guys kidding? we cannot take a guy with ACL surgeries on both the knees in the 2nd rd,we dont have that kind of luxury.
    marchetta and visionary like this.
  8. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

24,638 Messages
    4,904 Likes Received
    We did not have the luxury of taking Bruce Carter, but we did that anyways.
  9. reddyuta

reddyuta Well-Known Member

6,037 Messages
    634 Likes Received
    we draft injured college players and act surprised when they repeatedly pick up multiple injuries in the NFL.
  10. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

24,638 Messages
    4,904 Likes Received
    Just our darn bad luck.
    GloryDaysRBack likes this.
  11. DuDa

DuDa Active Member

479 Messages
    235 Likes Received
    I agree, to many injuries to go that high. 3rd or 4th round for me if he falls.
    Common Sense likes this.
  12. Cowboy_Ace

Cowboy_Ace Member

137 Messages
    15 Likes Received
    Im the biggest Easley fan there is been following him since he walked on uf campus. When on the field he's not only a great football player but he's definitely an emotional leader, non stop nd was always having fun playing football.... that being said I'd be wary of grabbing any earlier than the third....
  13. PuertoricanBoy

PuertoricanBoy Member

83 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    We took a chances with Chris Canty, Bruce Carter and Ron Leary. Also, Melton come from knee injury too and everybody in this site are excited with the idea of the signing. The kid will not last to the 3rd or 4rd. Roll the dices!!
  14. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,514 Messages
    2,102 Likes Received
    Canty and Leary were not second round picks
    This team needs to hit on starters from rounds 1 and 2 and possibly even rd 3 and it is very realistic for this to happen

Eg

Rd 1 Donald
    Dd 2 Crichton or Marcus smith
    Rd 3 Brandon Thomas

All 3 likely to start

So no reaches in this draft unless Easley is completely fine and even then no earlier than rd 3
  15. AsthmaField

AsthmaField Outta bounds

10,872 Messages
    2,339 Likes Received
    I would take that in a second...
    visionary likes this.
  16. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,423 Messages
    1,297 Likes Received
    Easley did not interview well at he combine. Called immature and distracted.
  17. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,335 Messages
    319 Likes Received
    This would be a dream scenario. I would trade my 5th and 7th or 4th to ensure donald
  18. supercowboy8

5,335 Messages
    319 Likes Received
    This and never played a complete season I college. That's scary for 2nd round. He has all the talent we want but won't help sitting on the bench
  19. AsthmaField

AsthmaField Outta bounds

10,872 Messages
    2,339 Likes Received
    Well, I don't have to tell you I would take that. However, I think it would likely take a 3rd to move up to 11 or 12 and for sure get him.

Me? I'd do it if the team likes him as much as I think they do.

Most here would say no though.

What I have high hopes of coming out of round 1 and 2 with is Donald and Crighton. I think they are both starters (or at least a heavy rotation guy for Crighton), and they'd really go a long, long way to getting Marinelli's front 4 situated for good. If we came out of this draft with just that, it would be a successful draft.
  20. supercowboy8

5,335 Messages
    319 Likes Received
    I dont think it will take a 3rd. That's to much even on the out of date old trade charts. But if it does take a 3rd then I would pass. I would then come back with a 4th a 7th and conditional 2015 4th