1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

If Donald is not available at the 16?, 2 rd DT great option!!

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by PuertoricanBoy, Mar 15, 2014.

1. Macnalty

Macnalty Well-Known Member

1,057 Messages
    113 Likes Received
    Not worth it in my opinion for Donald, if he does not make it to us at 16 we trade back and get either Hegeman, Tuitt and have an extra pick in the second where we do even more collecting. Jeremiah Attachou OLB is someone to keep an eye on in the second rd. Donald would make this a good draft for us but if he is gone there is still talent to be had later in the 1st and 2nd to erase the memory of missing on him.
    I would love to gather an extra pick in the third and have Easley as our pick as long as he is BPA at that time.
  2. JoeyBoy718

JoeyBoy718 Well-Known Member

4,392 Messages
    1,785 Likes Received
    I wouldn't mind trading back in the 1st to get Dee Ford and then trading up in the 2nd to get Easley. There's a 3-tech and WDE in the first 2 rounds. We can nab a 1-tech and SDE later on.
  3. bodi

bodi Active Member

725 Messages
    109 Likes Received
    I much rather have Kelcy Quarles
  4. Manwiththeplan

Manwiththeplan Well-Known Member

5,175 Messages
    337 Likes Received
    At this point, I'd be more in favor of taking the BPA. We have a long road to the top and aren't one player at DE or DT away from a deep playoff run.
  5. starfrombirth

starfrombirth Well-Known Member

3,933 Messages
    476 Likes Received
    Unlike alot of people on this board... I would like a true monster run stuffing DT. I believe that we need to go to some bigger more powerful linemen. I'm talking 320 for interior and 300 for DE.
  6. bodi

bodi Active Member

725 Messages
    109 Likes Received
    where do we find these guys ??

Justin Ellis Dt 6-2 #330 RD 5

Daquan Jones, DT 6-4 #320 RD 2-3

help us out
  7. starfrombirth

starfrombirth Well-Known Member

3,933 Messages
    476 Likes Received
    That's nice size so they probably won't be pushed around all game long. The question is do they have the strength to push the pocket? If so... sign me up. Nix is 6'2" 330 lbs... so him and Jernnigen or Hageman at DT is more along the lines of what i'm thinking and moving Crawford out to DE. At an NFL conditioned 300 lbs Crawford would be a strong presence on the edge I think. Those are my thoughts. Thanks for the input.
  8. DuDa

DuDa Well-Known Member

503 Messages
    270 Likes Received
    I really really like Daquan Jones as a 1 tech for us. He is a little bit bigger than most of Marinelli's past 1 tech, however, he can move and get after the QB for such a big man. He would be my just in case pick in the 2nd round if there are no good DE's left.
  9. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

25,236 Messages
    5,487 Likes Received
    I like Easley quite a bit, just not sure I would gamble on another injured type.

I would rather think about players like Kelsy Quarles and Caraun Reid. At least they are healthy.
  10. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

25,236 Messages
    5,487 Likes Received
    Extremely underrated. Could even play tackle.
  11. bodi

bodi Active Member

725 Messages
    109 Likes Received
    I like Jerrigan - but like the height of Hagerman
  12. bodi

bodi Active Member

725 Messages
    109 Likes Received
    so for me I like

Kony Ealy, DE, 6-4 #273 Missuouri or Ra'shede Hageman, DT, 6-5 #310 Minnesota

Stephon Tuitt, DT, 6-5 #305 North Dame or Kelcy Quarles, DT, 6-4 #300 South Carolina
  13. BAT

BAT Mr. Fixit

7,726 Messages
    623 Likes Received
    DT Will Sutton, ASU, 6'1 305 - combine numbers (3.36 in 40) do not equate to his on field production and explosiveness. 2 time Pac 12 DPOY and lead nation in 2012 for TFL at almost 2 per game (1.8 per and 23.5 total) while racking up 13 sacks.

Played much heavier than listed weight of 270 in 2013 and only amassed 3 sacks and 10.5 TFL. Combine bomb will drop him to bottom of 2nd, could fall to mid 3rd.
  14. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,284 Messages
    1,233 Likes Received
    This is a pretty awful DE class. I'm not so sure we find a DE for the future in this group.
  15. Nirvana

Nirvana Well-Known Member

4,361 Messages
    1,342 Likes Received
    For the future - maybe. For next season - less likely. Lot of undersized guys who would be better as OLBs in a 3-4. But could work out for us with a year to develop.
  16. ferrispata

ferrispata Active Member Zone Supporter

319 Messages
    44 Likes Received
    Apparently Easley has some sort of big check-up in April which will go a long way to determining if he will be a 2nd/3rd round guy or something later. If things look good in April, I would be OK with 3rd round. But it is a moot point if we are able to get Donald in the 1st. We shall see.
  17. Oh_Canada

Oh_Canada Well-Known Member

6,117 Messages
    637 Likes Received
    If he's healthy, he's a first rounder.....big IF though.

Love the intensity and his skill set, but not sure I would risk a second rounder on a guy with knee surgeries in back to back years.
  18. JPostSam

JPostSam Well-Known Member

1,041 Messages
    255 Likes Received
    the 49ers' all-time leading rusher suffered acl injuries to both knees in college.
  19. KDM256

KDM256 Active Member

405 Messages
    91 Likes Received
    Would love for Easley to slide to the Cowboys inthe 3rd but since we need less risk as possible in this draft, I rather have Kelcy Quarles in the 2nd...