1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

If Garrett's out after season, who takes the helm?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by dcstands4, Nov 13, 2013.

1. cowboys1981

cowboys1981 Well-Known Member

3,306 Messages
    1,958 Likes Received
    He did. He lost that locker room about as quick as he entered it.

I know there are quality coaches out there, but which one would want to come here. I would bring in Holmgrem as GM. I think his days on the sideline are over.
  2. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

54,422 Messages
    7,241 Likes Received
    It will be interesting to see who Jerry goes after if he decides to make a move and get a new HC for our his team. Will he go the college route and Urban Meyer for example? Or will he stick to a NFL guy like Gruden for example? Since my opinion carries zero value I'll wait like everyone else to see what he does.
    dupree89 and Corso like this.
  3. Corso

Corso Well-Known Member

3,175 Messages
    2,225 Likes Received
    I see what you did there...
  4. dcstands4

dcstands4 Active Member

653 Messages
    98 Likes Received
    I cant believe yall think Gruden is gonna come back ANYWHERE, he has ESPN on lock and loves it.
  5. Bwareinrings94

Bwareinrings94 Active Member

641 Messages
    193 Likes Received
    If we select off of press conferences count me in for Herman Edwards. Otherwise, someone who can function with the monkey JJ hanging all over him and still be able to install a system and identity. I really don't care about their track record because I am starving for a professional, NFL operation. I welcome retreads. Off the top of my head: Gruden and Cowher. If Kyle Shanahan were guaranteed to be relegated to the Antarctic for 5 years, I'd take Mike Shanny when he gets fired. I would predict that we would interview Zimmer first and then Leon Lett to satisfy the Rooney rule and Zimmer would be the hire.
  6. tantrix1969

tantrix1969 Well-Known Member

961 Messages
    448 Likes Received
    lol guess someone did believe garrett when he said regardless of what everyone saw, the players didn't quit in the Saints game,they were just tired and stuff
    Common Sense likes this.
  7. cowboys1981

3,306 Messages
    1,958 Likes Received
    Who said I believed it? We were outplayed and out coached. Move on.
  8. 03EBZ06

03EBZ06 Need2Speed

7,979 Messages
    411 Likes Received
    lol at Nick Saban, what have he done in NFL for people to constantly mention him as a possible Cowboys HC? He is great at college level because of recruiting but not so much at the NFL.

All of posters here can name some one but it's a moot point because JJ is the one who will select next HC and as long as JJ is in charge, it doesn't matter who the HC is, the team will continue to be mired in mediocrity.
  9. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

16,076 Messages
    3,300 Likes Received
    So Garrett is here to stay regardless of team performance?

And you know this how?
  10. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

16,076 Messages
    3,300 Likes Received
    Rowan on Talking Cowboys said "I need 60 mins from you Bruce Carter, not you quitting on the last series because the game was out of hand".

Apparently the game tape shows alot of guys just standing around, not even trying to make a tackle. That is how the Saints run nothing but straight handoffs between the tackles and more down the field like its an OTA.

I would say that qualifies as quitting on the coach.
    tantrix1969 likes this.
  11. Coy

Coy Well-Known Member

2,393 Messages
    757 Likes Received
    Question, we end up 7-9 and we miss the playoffs for the 4th straight year, you really think we keep Garrett??? I say No Way.
  12. BHendri5

BHendri5 Well-Known Member

3,291 Messages
    84 Likes Received
    Brian Kelley
  13. funkytown

funkytown Well-Known Member

1,062 Messages
    71 Likes Received
    Since its hypothetical and wont happen, why not speculate?

I would say Lovie Smith is the most likely canidate. His top defensive guy is already on the staff, and we wouldnt have to change the defense again. Bringing in a defensive coach, would allow us to hire a top notch offensive coordinator and rehaul this pathetic offense. I say pathetic because we have elite talent, but poor and inconsistent results. Just because we put up big time stats doesnt mean we are efficient. In the NFL stats can be misleading.

Gruden would have to have a serious coaching itch to leave his lucritve spot in the booth. Same as Cowher. Move on from those guys.

Guys like Nick Saban, Les Miles, and Urban Meyer are like gods in college football and I see them going nowhere. But if you can get your hands on David Shaw, that might have a Jimmy-esque effect on this franchise.
  14. dupree89

dupree89 Well-Known Member

2,243 Messages
    1,277 Likes Received
    You better be believe it! Thats why I always say...stats dont lie, but they do mislead.
  15. funkytown

funkytown Well-Known Member

1,062 Messages
    71 Likes Received
    Biggest misleading stat, "Teams that run the ball X amount times having a winning record". Well the team is not winning because they are running the ball X amount of times. They are running the ball x amount of times because they are winning. Big difference.
  16. DOUBLE WING

DOUBLE WING Well-Known Member

3,383 Messages
    1,008 Likes Received
    David Shaw is who I want.
  17. StevenOtero

StevenOtero Well-Known Member

6,484 Messages
    470 Likes Received
    Jason Garrett. He's the George Noory of NFL Coaches. A malleable yes man.
  18. Fredd

Fredd Well-Known Member

4,412 Messages
    1,777 Likes Received
    Need a real GM before I will even care who is HC...since we aren't getting a new GM, then who cares?

IMO, without a GM, a college coach just won't work...we would need someone that comes in that has already told JJ that he won't come unless he has control with no meddling (Gruden, Cowher for example)...that isn't going to happen...

...someone has to find something that interests JJ so that he has to spend time on that, forcing him to hire a real GM (not his doofus son)....hmmm, perhaps they let him be commissioner or something football-related (j/k)
  19. popp1234

popp1234 You will never outwork me, you talented bum! Zone Supporter

3,514 Messages
    493 Likes Received
    Lol....thought the same thing.
  20. cowboys1981

3,306 Messages
    1,958 Likes Received
    In zone you're basically just standing in a spot. That wasn't just on SNF, every time we use zone this is what happens. That's why we allow so many yards. I would call that confusion over quitting.