1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

If Gosselin's mock draft is true (all 3-4 players gone) who do you pick?

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by TruBlueCowboy, Apr 29, 2006.

1. TruBlueCowboy

TruBlueCowboy New Member

7,301 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Gosselin has all the best 3-4 linebackers and nose tackles going before #18. He also has the best corner, Antonio Cromartie, gone by our pick.

Almost all the popular Zone picks are gone by #18 according to Goose, who wouldya pick?

Note - I accidentally put CB for Santonio Holmes, but all self-respecting draft watchers know it's WR. :)
  2. spindoc

spindoc Member

167 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Pray that someone wants to trade up
  3. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

34,205 Messages
    1,306 Likes Received
    I'd trade down and take OLs. If you really want an OLB, there are guys later that will work.
  4. dmq

dmq If I'm so pretty, why am I available?

6,796 Messages
    158 Likes Received
    I would trade down if we had a willing partner. I just don't think the draft is going to go down like this. Lets hope not anyway. For all we know, our brain trust already thinks this might happen and we are targeting someone in the second. I expect Parcells to find a good outside LBer even if its not in the first.
  5. Chuck 54

Chuck 54 Well-Known Member

9,229 Messages
    199 Likes Received
    I'd take Jonathan Joseph and move Henry to FS.

No way I take anyone else at 18 other than Justice...more likey, I trade down...there's always a partner, whether you take the deal or not.
  6. TruBlueCowboy

TruBlueCowboy New Member

7,301 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Glad to know I'm not the only one who would give Nick Mangold a heavy look. ;)

Winston Justice has too many areas that scare me although Marcus McNeill is a VERY intriguing pick. I'd rather fix the offensive line if we can't improve the front seven. Mangold might help ease the loss/aging of Larry Allen and Marco Rivera.

Santonio Holmes would be pretty darn tempting too. Never want to be known as the team that missed the next Steve Smith.
  7. scrives

scrives Member

197 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    If all top three are gone(which I dought) dallas drops down to the end of the first or top of the second and takes Thomas Howard olb, fs 2nd, and dt or wr in the 3rd depending on the value.
  8. Smith22

Smith22 Well-Known Member

5,683 Messages
    157 Likes Received
    Take Justice or trade down, aiming to land a FS, OG, NT or possibly a corner.
  9. Natedawg44

Natedawg44 Active Member

2,598 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'd take Jimmy Williams and hope we could get Thomas Howard in the 2nd
  10. JohnsKey19

JohnsKey19 Well-Known Member

6,037 Messages
    203 Likes Received
    Jimmy Wiliams or trade down
  11. Smith22

Smith22 Well-Known Member

5,683 Messages
    157 Likes Received
    My only concern there is character, we all know he can play. Having TO on the team is enough to deal with though, I think we go all high character guys this year, hopefully with no big injury history.
  12. Natedawg44

Natedawg44 Active Member

2,598 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'd really prefer a trade down so we for sure locked up Thomas Howard because after him I think there is a huge drop off.
  13. jackrussell

jackrussell Last of the Duke Street Kings

4,162 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Barring a trade down, I select the same guy I did even WITH all 3 LBs available. Holmes.
  14. dbair1967

dbair1967 Arch Defender

30,783 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I honestly cant believe 7 people have said Nick Mangold

David
  15. TruBlueCowboy

TruBlueCowboy New Member

7,301 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Why not? Winston Justice has character issues.

Marcus McNeill has back problems.

Next best lineman is Mangold. Much better run blocker than Al Johnson.
  16. SmashFactorGolf

SmashFactorGolf New Member

345 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    ......i'm not saying Mangod, but Parcels has said he dispises "being held hostage" by the center postion, which we still seem to be

trade down