1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

If no NFL in 2011, Cowboys have 1st overall pick 2011-12, would u take Luck QB?

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Nov 9, 2010.

1. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,104 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    Ok here is my scenario. I dont know if the NFL will sign a CBA or not, but lets just suppose for arguments sake there is no NFL in 2011, and Cowboys somehow wind up with 1st overall pick in 2011, and some way, since no NFL in 2011, the Cowboys also wind up with the 1st overall pick in 2012.

Would you take the QB Luck with Cowboys 1st overall pick in 1st round. Then, you can load up with offensive linemen, and defensive linemen in rounds 2-5. As well as having the 1st overall pick in 2012. You can access what you didnt finish loading up on top players like offensive line or defensive line, or safety or cb in 2012.

What would you do if you were the gm, with the 1st overall pick in 2011 and 2012?

I feel that Luck could be like another Troy Aikman type QB, with accuracy on throws, and a future hall of famer and MVP in superbowls to come. Devaju could be staring the cowboys in the face again like in 89 when cowboys drafted aikman first overall.
  2. DIAF

DIAF DivaLover159

4,012 Messages
    18 Likes Received
    maybe we should just create an andrew luck board here on the zone.
  3. Cowboy Brian

Cowboy Brian Romo 2 Austin Zone Supporter

11,915 Messages
    340 Likes Received
    I would prefer to grab Locker in the 2nd if that somehow happens, that'd be called a steal
  4. kevinhickey

kevinhickey Member

325 Messages
    20 Likes Received
    Regardless if there is a season next year; there will be a draft. Now for 2012 draft, the league will probably not allow the same order as 2011; rather they would implement some type of lottery system.
  5. Cowboy Brian

Cowboy Brian Romo 2 Austin Zone Supporter

11,915 Messages
    340 Likes Received
    If there was the same order, and we had #1. I wouldn't be against a year without football lol
  6. cowboyjoe

28,104 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    Me neither, we would have 2 top drafts, with 2 top impact players in first round. You could possibly trade down in the 2012 pick, if good enough sweet deal to trade down. And get some extra picks, for ammunition to get some really good players to reload this team.
  7. cowboyjoe

28,104 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    I think what they might do is like the supplemental draft, have weighted balls, or say team with lowest record, would get say 32 balls, next team with losing record would get 31 balls and so on so forth.

Then, you would draft by what balls come out. Your odds with more balls would be greater to at least have a top 5 or 10 pick.