1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

If not Donte, how about CB/S Marlin Jackson?

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Mar 7, 2010.

1. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,103 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    again this is a former colts player, dont know that much about him, so what do some of you think?

Marlin Jackson-DB- Colts Mar. 7 - 1:48 pm et

The Eagles have set up a visit for free agent Marlin Jackson.

Jackson will meet the Iggles after traveling to Baltimore on Tuesday. A first-round pick in 2005, Jackson can play both cornerback and free safety.
    Source: Aaron Wilson on Twitter
    Related: Ravens, Eagles
  2. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,069 Messages
    2,502 Likes Received
    10 tackles, 1 INT, 1 PD. No thanks. The stat junkies would be freaking out.
  3. D41lasCowboys31

D41lasCowboys31 Member

813 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I know he was a beast at Michigan
  4. dbair1967

dbair1967 Arch Defender

30,783 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    good grief man...do you intend to start a thread about every single free agent and potential free agent out there?
  5. Hailmary

Hailmary Active Member

2,246 Messages
    23 Likes Received
    I think he can play and I'd definitely take a look if the price is right.

He's not a superstar but I think he can provide very decent depth. He has ability...he just hasn't been able to keep healthy the past couple of seasons.

He's still pretty young so I think he can recover from the injuries and worth a look if the staff feels he has something to offer.
  6. casmith07

27,069 Messages
    2,502 Likes Received
    Pathetic.
  7. unionjack8

unionjack8 Well-Known Member

1,956 Messages
    283 Likes Received
    no thanks, he's a cover 2 guy, runs too slow to be in our scheme. No thankyou.
  8. casmith07

27,069 Messages
    2,502 Likes Received
    You do realize that we play quite a bit of Cover 2, right?
  9. Hailmary

Hailmary Active Member

2,246 Messages
    23 Likes Received
    I guess it is judging by the stats you gave:

.....but, that was in limited time during a span of 4 games (before his season was finished due to a knee injury). This was following another knee injury suffered the year before.

Is he a superstar? No.

Can he play? I think so. Prior to his injuries, he's posted back to back 80+ tackle seasons.

He can provide us w/ depth, versatiliy and help in ST if Hurd ends up not making the team. He's young enough where he CAN recover from his injuries (Columbo's proof of that).

He won't cost much. Definitely worth a look.
  10. hutch1254

hutch1254 Well-Known Member

1,424 Messages
    162 Likes Received
    Most Colts fans I know think he's garbage and are actually happy to see him go. That's enough for me.
  11. casmith07

27,069 Messages
    2,502 Likes Received
    I still stand by my beliefs. Bring him in for a look for what? He's only garnered 4 INTs in his career, and if you've been watching the Fan Zone this weekend and this past week, you'd see that's simply not enough "impact plays." :D
  12. Hailmary

Hailmary Active Member

2,246 Messages
    23 Likes Received
    Don't look solely at the numbers. If he's brought in w/ the hope of being a starter, than yes, the low turnover numbers would be an issue.

But in this case, he'd be brought in for depth and as an insurance policy in case someone goes down (both at cb and safety). I also think he can help us in ST.

And he can't be a total scrub if he's scheduled meetings w/ clubs that are considered pretty decent defensively.
  13. JustDezIt

JustDezIt Formerly sm0kie13 ROY

3,635 Messages
    16 Likes Received
    :beer2:
  14. ajk23az

ajk23az Through Pain Comes Clarity

7,664 Messages
    44 Likes Received
    I THINK there is enough bandwidth on the site to take some more threads, not 100% sure, but I don't think the site will go up in flames.
  15. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

49,425 Messages
    3,718 Likes Received
    Up in flames? I wouldn't bet on it.
  16. ajk23az

ajk23az Through Pain Comes Clarity

7,664 Messages
    44 Likes Received
    "Facetious internet flames," I should have clarified. :p:
  17. CanuckCowboysFan

CanuckCowboysFan Benched

2,023 Messages
    0 Likes Received

THERE YOU GO!!!!!! So tell me, why exactly were you against bringing Atogwe in? St Louis primarily plays a cover 2 and asks there FS to do EXACTLY what Hamlin does. You just answered exactly why we should bring him in.
  18. casmith07

27,069 Messages
    2,502 Likes Received
    So Cover 2 = bring him in = championship?

What are the numbers to this week's PowerBall drawing?

For the record, I was pointing out the horrendous level of football under-education on this forum.
  19. Sandman52

Sandman52 Member

597 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Trouble is he had ACL surgery on both of his knees. And he wasn't that fast coming outta college in the first place.
  20. CanuckCowboysFan

CanuckCowboysFan Benched

2,023 Messages
    0 Likes Received

No Genius, Cover 2= Understands the system, comes from the same scheme, has the same responsibilities, better overall player= better safety play. Again take your own advice with the ' football under education' because just yesterday you were arguing that Atogwe would be lost in Wade's system and that he came from a completely different scheme. Just completely contradicted yourself once again.