1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

If possible, would you change our DC from Rob Ryan to Lovie Smith?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Biggems, Jan 1, 2013.

1. pancakeman

pancakeman Well-Known Member

1,807 Messages
    144 Likes Received
    Seems like a "Boy Named Sue" situation.
  2. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

20,297 Messages
    6,255 Likes Received
    No, I wouldn't.
  3. Dave_in-NC

Dave_in-NC Well-Known Member

10,879 Messages
    41 Likes Received
    We do have Jones.:p:
  4. Yuma Cactus

Yuma Cactus Active Member

679 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    I, sadly too have learned many things from Gilligan i.e. That giant spiders will follow other giant spiders (mirror), that batteries on the Island are the best ever, the guests on the 3 hour tour had limitless supplies of clothes and the 2 who lived on the boat had but 1 set.

Lovie should take the SD job.
  5. cml750

cml750 Well-Known Member

2,132 Messages
    426 Likes Received
    I would be ecstatic to have Lovie over Ryan and a return to the 4 - 3. What good is a 3 - 4 if it is not used for exotic blitzing.
  6. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

28,644 Messages
    4,521 Likes Received
    Hard to overlook what Lovie gets done when it comes to turnovers.
  7. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

10,483 Messages
    743 Likes Received
    The NFL has had a Lovie as a head coach and a June as in June Jones. My granny was named June.
  8. kevm3

kevm3 Well-Known Member

722 Messages
    359 Likes Received
    Yeah if only for the fact that Ryan is pretty much auditioning for a head coach role and is out of here the minute someone considers him.
  9. 17yearsandcounting

17yearsandcounting Benched

2,391 Messages
    1,677 Likes Received

I will say good riddance when he does leave. He has never been a part of a team better than .500. Its pretty obvious. He doesnt coach turnovers.
  10. LifetimeBoysFan

LifetimeBoysFan Member

148 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I think he is too much like his brother and opens his mouth too much to provide bulletin board material, or gets 15 yd unsportsmanlike penalties? Then even with a healthy squad plays too much of a soft scheme. A turn over is as rare as a buffet he passes by.

I would much rather us bring in the calm calculated coach that has run a Defense that Is a turn over machine. Unfortunately it won't happen because Lovie is getting a HC gig and two our GM wouldn't be smart enough to replace him and has bought into the hype that Ryan did so much with so little. If that's what you call yielding 300 yds on the ground than yeah I guess he was real good at making something out of nothing.

The only reason we stopped the run is because the field is only 100 yards long and eventually you reach the end zone and have to stop. Ask Forrest Gump he knows what I mean.
  11. Biggems

Biggems White and Nerdy

11,615 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    GM Jerry would be Gilligan