1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

If Prince is there at 9, trade back

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by supercowboy8, Feb 24, 2011.

1. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,201 Messages
    280 Likes Received
    Detroit needs a CB bad and they are high on Prince. Trade back with Detroit and get extra pick. Then depending on who is there at Detroit pick, I think NE or SD will want to trade up to get Jordan or another player at that spot, so trade back again and add another early pick. WE could be picking at 17 or 18 and still be able to get a starting caliber RT and have extra 2nd, 3rd, and 4th round picks. I'm not a fan of Prince, especially since he got owned by Blackmon. Jimmy Smith is better.

Could walk out of the draft like this.
    1st. RT Carimi
    2nd. CB Harris
    2nd. Safety(Moore, Black, or Sands)
    3rd. Marcus Cannon
    3rd. LB Sheppard
    4th. NT Kendrick Ellis
    4th OG Will Rackley
    5th DE Cedric Thorton

in FA
    #1 target should be Weddle. He can play either safety spot and knows the
    3-4. Only safety that knows the 3-4 that is available and gives Dallas options in the draft. Getting Weddle makes it easier to draft, due to Weddle can play either position.

#2 Huff only if we can't get Weddle. Both would be nice since Huff can be FS and Weddle can be the SS, but I don't see that happening.

#3 should be Dallas own Justin Blalock. He can play either RG or LG. He is young and Atlanta has 2 other FA OL and I have read they are going to let Blalock be the odd man out.
    Drafting Cannon and signing Blalock will allow us to release Davis. Blalock can take over at either OG spot and Cannon can start day one at the other spot.
    Will Rackley can develop and then take over and replace Blalock at LG when his contract starts to get high.
  2. HoosierCowboy

HoosierCowboy Put Pearson in the HOF

2,101 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    I like the OL and DL depth in this draft--wouldn't mind trading down for more picks to stockpile there
  3. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I want either Von Miller or Robert Quinn. Who cares about a frog fronting as a prince....
  4. supercowboy8

5,201 Messages
    280 Likes Received
    where you want to play them. Both are bad vs the run.
    I think Miller will go top 6 and Quinn will go top 8.

Miller is a WOLB or could be a RILB but no way either Miller or Quinn is a SOLB.
    Miller is great at rushing the passer and his LB coach and Texas A&M also coached the great Derrick Thomas in college. He said that Von Miller is the closest player he has ever seen to Thomas. IF thats true and he is there at 9 then get him, and then you either have to replace Brooking with Miller or move Ware to SOLB.
  5. BigMike89

BigMike89 New Member

5 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Im to the point where I hope we get Prince just so it can make all of you mad. I get sick of people complaining about Prince because of one game. Then some have the nerve to say we should trade down and pick Brandon Harris. Last time I checked he was torched in his bowl game by a lesser wide reciever. As for Jimmy Smith he can cover but he can't tackle. I just think Prince is more technically sound.
  6. supercowboy8

5,201 Messages
    280 Likes Received
    might want to go back and watch that bowl game, Also Harris isn't going to be picked at 9. Floyd got a ton of yards on Miami's other CB. He had two good plays vs Harris, one where Harris got tangled up while starting to jump in front of the ball and fell to the ground and Floyd made the catch. Other than that one big play which Harris was tripped up he never gave up any other big play vs Floyd.

I never have been a fan or Prince. He never press, he is more of a zone CB, he would be great in a tampa 2. Look at some of his video's, look at the game vs blackmon. He never gets his hands on him at the line and presses. Ryan like to use a press man, which is not Prince's best.
  7. burntricersx

burntricersx Member

506 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Technically sound, but he doesn't have that explosiveness or extra gear and will fit better in a zone scheme. That might've been OK in college but it won't be in the NFL.
  8. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,223 Messages
    1,818 Likes Received
    Harris will go 15-30th or so...so nobdody is getting him in the 2nd.

I'm not completely opposed to trading down within the 1st round if we have multiple players that we like that are still available, and that we value near the new slot, so we are absolutely sure we will get one in the spot we trade too.

I'd hate to see us get too cute again and end up with a draft like we had two years ago. That was putird.