1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

If Sean Payton comes to Dallas

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by CATCH17, Nov 26, 2012.

1. Howardlittleton64

Howardlittleton64 Benched

664 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    No new Coach will have success here unless Mr. Jones gets his nose out of the football end of team operations.
  2. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,907 Messages
    2,824 Likes Received
    You can tell he's going out of his way to not say anything too negative about him, but he hasn't said much good, either. Basically he sort of avoids too much commentary on him at all.

Couple of small negatives he has said is that Garrett didn't get to know players on a personal basis like Parcells did (players always appreciate that) and that the players did wonder at times why we didn't try to exploit certain matchups more often.
  3. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,536 Messages
    1,715 Likes Received
    At least they could put Jerry's roster in the best situation to succeed. Garrett can't and won't do that.

He runs his system and adjusts for nobody.. No wonder Jerry likes him.
  4. Howardlittleton64

Howardlittleton64 Benched

664 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Maybe but I'd prefer that Mr. Jones was just out of the football business. He would drive Payton away or make him totally ineffective as a leader. We are the very definition of dysfunctional franchise. The owner has been screwing this team for going on two decades, recognizes it but refuses to change. We can't possibly succeed and won't with him around.
  5. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    he also explained how garrett would take the qb's and go break down film and the gameplan. The wr would do it with there coach...sherman....

in san diego, phillip rivers would come into the meetings with qbs and wr together and explain the gameplan, the matchups and why they are doing what they are doing to the rest of the offensive players.....

he said in Dallas everyone is seperated breaking down this stuff, only the practice film and previous week's game film would be viewed together.

I have no idea which way is the right way, just found it odd since garrett and turner are so close. It might explain why things look out of sync so much to I guess, but its probably way more than something this simple.

I didnt find it interesting that crayton also said he used to have a really good relationship with romo and they were friends off the field and played basketball and stuff together and now they dont even talk.
  6. SDCowboy85

SDCowboy85 Well-Known Member

14,858 Messages
    1,229 Likes Received
    Well there's a 100% chance that won't happen.
  7. iowast8rs

iowast8rs Well-Known Member

865 Messages
    268 Likes Received
    this Payton to Dallas talks have to stop. Why would he give up the control he has with the Saints to become a puppet?
  8. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,530 Messages
    1,884 Likes Received
    He wouldn't be a puppet, but he's not leaving Nawlins. I'll bet on it.
  9. SDCowboy85

SDCowboy85 Well-Known Member

14,858 Messages
    1,229 Likes Received
    Payton could stop it by saying he's not considering it. Holmren did it, so can Payton if he has no desire to coach the Cowboys.
  10. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

29,763 Messages
    5,471 Likes Received
    I love these behind-the-scenes details. And I always appreciated Crayton. Thanks for posting this.
  11. Boys122

Boys122 Well-Known Member

1,378 Messages
    33 Likes Received
    Agreed.
  12. Boys122

Boys122 Well-Known Member

1,378 Messages
    33 Likes Received
    Don't bet too much.
  13. TwoDeep3

TwoDeep3 Well-Known Member

5,960 Messages
    1,593 Likes Received
    Catch, can you outline why Payton WOULD come here?
  14. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

9,359 Messages
    4,530 Likes Received
    apparently the saints are a cheap organization.
  15. tecolote

tecolote Well-Known Member

1,790 Messages
    553 Likes Received
    Paytons kids live in Dallas, you cannot underestimate how much that will affect his decision. I think, above all other things, that is what it may come down to.
  16. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,536 Messages
    1,715 Likes Received
    I can only give my reasons for coming here if I were him.

Coaching in my hometown, family close, biggest sports franchise, that stupid stadium, and the glory that comes with winning here vs New Orleans.

Short term New Orleans is probably the place to be. Longterm i'd rather coach in Dallas.
  17. Kilyin

Kilyin Well-Known Member

8,040 Messages
    242 Likes Received
    Interesting. So he really is a robot.
  18. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

29,763 Messages
    5,471 Likes Received
    What's the over/under on the length of Payton's honeymoon in Dallas if he were to come here? I'll say 3 whole games. Then we'll see how his downfield passing game holds up, and posters like me--who don't particularly want Payton here in the first place--will have to start reminding people to go take a look at the new coach's first three years in NOLA before complaining about the lack of progress, and everybody can call them homers and flame Jerry for not hiring Greg Roman when he had a chance to because, obviously, that was the right move to have made. This organization is never going to learn until Jerry Jones steps down or dies and all that. It'll be a fun series of daily threads. I'm really looking forward to them.
  19. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Pow! Pow!

8,872 Messages
    128 Likes Received
    Didn't they make the NFC Championship game his first year there?
  20. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,530 Messages
    1,884 Likes Received
    Sig bet. I bet he is back with the Saints next year. One month, winner picks the loser's sig.