1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

If Sean Payton comes to Dallas

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by CATCH17, Nov 26, 2012.

1. cajuncocoa

cajuncocoa Bleeding silver and blue Zone Supporter

2,344 Messages
    327 Likes Received
    Why not just become a member of the Who Dat Nation? :rolleyes: Because that's the only way y'all are going to be rooting for those players...they're not leaving NOLA to work for Jerry Jones. :rolleyes:
  2. birdwells1

birdwells1 Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,314 Messages
    451 Likes Received
    Yeah, you see what it did for Jimmy's after football career.
  3. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,464 Messages
    1,590 Likes Received
    Did I say they would? Nope. I said I'd love to have them. Which was the question he asked.

Oh, and I don't root for any other team and never have.
  4. birdwells1

3,314 Messages
    451 Likes Received
    He backed off when BP was here so I'd imagine he would with another proven coach in Payton.
  5. Hostile

118,464 Messages
    1,590 Likes Received
    I am echoing Nate Newton. I do not believe he could come here and make that OL any better than it is right now. I know that probably will not answer your question to your satisfaction, but as I said I'm not an expert like everyone on here. I didn't want Payton to leave when he was here, like a bunch of people did. I've always respected him. Not just when he started winning somewhere else.

The OL is our problem. Don't tell me he would fix it. So will Garrett.
  6. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

19,088 Messages
    994 Likes Received
    they can interview Leon Lett, Charles Haley and Deion for that matter.
  7. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

19,088 Messages
    994 Likes Received
    The best coach who likes Jerry Jones is Sean Payton.

Would Jerry pay Garrett to go away and Sean to come here? If it makes him more money in the long run you darn right he would.

Jerry's poor heart would be quite salved by adding SP if he has to cut lose his personal prodigy.
  8. Hostile

118,464 Messages
    1,590 Likes Received
    He can hand pick Jason for Arkansas.

I kid.
  9. Richmond Cowboy

Richmond Cowboy Well-Known Member

1,177 Messages
    229 Likes Received
    My wife is a health care provider and took care of Sean Payton's brother a couple of years ago. In conversation he brought up that Sean's wife really wanted to be back in Dallas and that they had a home there. Take it with a grain of salt but it sounded at the time that if the opportunity presented itself they would certainly be interested. However, I just read that they are getting a divorce so not sure how that plays into the situation. One angle would be if she gained custody of the children and moved back to Dallas, Sean may want to be close to the kids...
  10. BAZ

BAZ Drunken Mick

2,408 Messages
    277 Likes Received
    Charming.
  11. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

19,088 Messages
    994 Likes Received
    Actually not a bad thought AT ALL.

Garrett can use additional seasoning if it comes to that. SEC coaching is a good spot to develop.

Garrett is unlikely to get caught on any back-roads with a 20 year old coed. And he certainly can outcoach JLS.
  12. Richmond Cowboy

Richmond Cowboy Well-Known Member

1,177 Messages
    229 Likes Received

:lmao:
  13. Hostile

118,464 Messages
    1,590 Likes Received
    Nate can be, I agree. I think he put Timmy Mac in his place.
  14. peplaw06

peplaw06 That Guy

13,680 Messages
    407 Likes Received
    OL has been our problem for going on 3 years now, and Garrett hasn't fixed it yet.
  15. birdwells1

3,314 Messages
    451 Likes Received
    More leeway is given for a veteran head coach who has taken his team to the playoffs 4 times, championship game 2 times, and won a super bowl, as opposed to a first time hc (gailey and campo), a loser hc (Phillips), and a green only been coach since 2005 hc (Garrett).
  16. TVMan

TVMan Active Member

790 Messages
    52 Likes Received
    I get that, but is that "In the SPIRIT OF THE RULE?" At what point does the league make an example? The Cowboys have already been victim to that language by the league to the tune of $5 Million.
  17. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received

not only did he not fix it, he helped cause this mess.

Everyone on offense should be fired for what has happened to the running game let alone all the other nonsense.

We are the worst running team I have ever seen in my 25 years of watching football. And there is no excuse for it.

The lets just pass it every down mantra is embarrassing. This is the nfl.

No doubt in my mind sean payton fixes the running game right away.
  18. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

19,088 Messages
    994 Likes Received
    He leased then bought Mark Texeira's old house in Westlake. Its now up for sale for about 4 mil.

His wife is 100% staying in Dallas with the kids.
    He will have a residence here even if it isn't his main one to see his kids locally.

He has 3 or 4 places AFAIK still. One is on a beach in florida.. gawd help us if he retires there.... (only partially joking there)
  19. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,275 Messages
    1,495 Likes Received

Im guessing he would at least attempt to coach around it and do some things to help a bad oline out. Unlike Garrett.

If you can't adjust your system to your talent then you shouldn't be coaching.

You're never going to have a perfect team in this era of football.
  20. Hostile

118,464 Messages
    1,590 Likes Received
    I absolutely agree with this, except it is year 2. Drafting Tyron wasn't enough. Adding Livings and Bernadeau wasn't either. It has to be addressed for real, and he knows that.