1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

If Sean Payton comes to Dallas

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by CATCH17, Nov 26, 2012.

1. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

7,362 Messages
    417 Likes Received
    This might be my biggest complaint with Garrett supporters.

One of the primary reasons they champion him is because he has improved our roster.

And yet, the unit on the team that has long needed the most improvement has been marginalized, ignored and haphazardly put together under Garrett. Why hasn't he improved the OL? He's tried and they suck worse than ever.

It's the unit that Garrett fans constantly point to as the reason why his offense doesn't work. Why our head coach isn't getting real, tangible results. The major impediment to his eventual greatness.

If Garrett absolutely needs a great OL for his offense to work (and consequently, to look like the genius he is purported to be), why the hell doesn't (or can't) he improve that part of the roster?
  2. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,053 Messages
    886 Likes Received
    Callahan and Garrett have both tried to coach around it. That is obvious if you watch the games. It isn't enough. They both know it and so do all of us.
  3. Kilyin

Kilyin Well-Known Member

8,020 Messages
    222 Likes Received
    I don't think Payton or many other coaches would have gone into this season having done so little to address the OL problems/questions we had, especially knowing you're flipping your Tackles.
  4. Hostile

118,053 Messages
    886 Likes Received
    You can speculate that and I can speculate that given our cap room and other needs he would have had to.

Neither of us can prove the other wrong.
  5. Bluestang

Bluestang Well-Known Member

4,821 Messages
    74 Likes Received
    Has anyone really payed attention to what the Saints offense is predicated around?

Wouldn't you agree that Romo friendly also means running the ball more effectively?

Is that what the Saints do to beat their opponents?

I wonder what would happen on this board the first drop back from Payton's offense and Romo is smacked in the face?

Next HC up?
  6. Bluestang

Bluestang Well-Known Member

4,821 Messages
    74 Likes Received
    Improving the defense was the first priority this offseason.

You wouldn't know it with the injuries to everyone but they've gotten better.
  7. birdwells1

birdwells1 Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,074 Messages
    290 Likes Received
    Hate loves his former teammate and is backing him more than giving a thumbs down to Payton.

And no, Timmy Mac put Jerry in his place, I guess you saw that interview huh.
  8. CowboyMcCoy

CowboyMcCoy Business is a Boomin

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    Too funny.
  9. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

26,873 Messages
    1,137 Likes Received
    I see a team that runs long routes with receivers that aren't really great route runners, has no screen game to speak of, waggles / bootlegs ?, makes them sit in their stance until the last second, tries to use a power running game when they are more finesse players, and 9 times out of 10 wants to run the ball out of formations that are heavy with TE's and a fullback from anywhere on the field.

There is no deception with this offense. What you see is what you get.

We're at our best when we can get away from that mess and go to more of a urgent / hurry up offense.
  10. Hostile

118,053 Messages
    886 Likes Received
    I did, and thought he looked foolish to be quite honest.

I haven't given a thumbs down to Payton either. I am just not blind to the fact our OL is by far our biggest issue, not the HC, and that Payton could not turn this chicken crap OL into chicken salad.

It will get fixed. It has to. I personally think any coach with this OL who isn't 0-11 is doing something right. They do not play together. Not enough right, but something is right to be in games and win some.
  11. Hostile

118,053 Messages
    886 Likes Received
    I agree, the fantasies by self professed "realists" are too funny.
  12. BAZ

BAZ Drunken Mick

2,323 Messages
    230 Likes Received
    Of course, I meant you.
  13. Numbers921

Numbers921 Benched

817 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    What happened to the homers' fantasties of winning of out?
  14. Hostile

118,053 Messages
    886 Likes Received
    I appreciate that. Thank you. Respect back at ya. :p:
  15. Hostile

118,053 Messages
    886 Likes Received
    I don't know. In the same leaky bucket as the idiot's fantasies of losing out I guess. I was never in either bucket.
  16. birdwells1

3,074 Messages
    290 Likes Received
    Fixing the oline and hiring Payton are independent of each other, I think they both can be and should be done.

Tim Mc questioning of Jerry was straight forward with honest questions that fans want to know. The only thing that looked foolish was the look on Jerrys face when time asked him about 1 playoff win in 15 years, that was priceless.
  17. birdwells1

3,074 Messages
    290 Likes Received
    Also, welcome back Hos.
  18. Hostile

118,053 Messages
    886 Likes Received
    I never left. I just don't post as much due to the tone here.
  19. Numbers921

Numbers921 Benched

817 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    :lmao2:

You no doubt thought the Cowboys were winning like 10 or 11 games.
  20. Hostile

118,053 Messages
    886 Likes Received
    Jerry did look foolish. I agree there. But it's a stupid line of questioning to begin with because...wait for this...IT DOESN"T CHANGE A THING HERE.

Ya'll can live in your fantasy world all you want and call that reality, but it isn't. It never has been. It never will be.