1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

If Teddy B. Does the Rodgers slide to 16, do you take him?

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Vinnie2u, Apr 1, 2014.

1. reddyuta

reddyuta Well-Known Member

6,281 Messages
    708 Likes Received
    Yes.I am not not sure what jerry would do if a if a top qb slips to 16,he would probably draft manziel a and try to see if can get somebody to move up if Bridgewater falls.
  2. Super_Kazuya

Super_Kazuya Well-Known Member

1,897 Messages
    1,001 Likes Received
    Your projecting your fantasies aside, they absolutely have a say. It's just rarely exercised (a la Manning) because most teams aren't stupid enough to draft players they a) don't need and b) who don't want to be there.
  3. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

3,098 Messages
    675 Likes Received
    Not even a question. You grab a potential franchise qb at 16 no matter what
  4. The Natural

The Natural Well-Known Member

4,827 Messages
    1,598 Likes Received
    No they dont
  5. Super_Kazuya

1,897 Messages
    1,001 Likes Received
    They absolutely have a say.
  6. The Natural

4,827 Messages
    1,598 Likes Received
    Prove it. Dont quote me until you do please
    visionary likes this.
  7. Super_Kazuya

1,897 Messages
    1,001 Likes Received
    Your posts are so laughable I honestly don't think I could go very long without quoting you. It's just so irresistible.

Before I do prove it and then you move the goalpost like you always do, why don't you say upfront what it would take to prove it? You know darn well what I am trying to say, but you are obviously trying to twist it somehow.
  8. jhamilton8

jhamilton8 New Member

7 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I'm curious what about him that made you think he was mentally weak. Was it when he was 14 and tried to drop out of school to get a job to help with his mom's cancer treatment bills? The guy led Louisville to a comeback with a broken wrist and sprained ankle in a game where Rutgers knew he could only take snaps out of shotgun with a BCS bowl on the line.
  9. The Natural

4,827 Messages
    1,598 Likes Received
    I dont think I've seen another poster on here say as much while not actually saying anything as much as you. To the ignore list you go.
    visionary likes this.
  10. Super_Kazuya

1,897 Messages
    1,001 Likes Received
    lol... yeah, right.
  11. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,565 Messages
    2,432 Likes Received
    What we would do is irrelevant.

But if the FO really and truly thinks Bridgewater is a sure-fire franchise QB AND we have no player rated as highly as him in a position of greater need, yes, you take the player.

However, clearly common sense says that if Teddy fell all the way to 16, that means many, many teams have serious doubts that he is a true franchise QB.
    Right?
    If that unlikely scenario was true, there would be a real chance that Dallas may also feel that way. The same logic applies to Manziel or Bortles too.

It's all hypothetical, I'm sure most (though not all) teams feel he is . So, with all the QB needy teams out there, he will be long gone by 16.
  12. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,892 Messages
    2,362 Likes Received
    true dat
    its because uncle jerry writes his talking points
    The Natural likes this.
  13. Western

Western Active Member

124 Messages
    74 Likes Received
    1. The quality of the top 10-12 players in this draft allows a "QB needy team" to bypass and trump a Manziel and/or Bridegwater selection and select a Khalil Mack, Jake Mathews, J. Clowney, Sammy Watkins, Anthony Barr, Greg Robinson, Taylor Lewan, Justin Gilbert, Mike Evans, or Aaron Donald.

2. The "QB needy teams" also have the luxury in the early 2nd round if they feel compelled, to select a Carr, Garoppolo, or McCarron. In addition, the "QB needy teams" have veteran QB's already signed as protection in avoiding the obligatory demand in drafting a QB in the 1st round.

The assumption that "QB needy teams" are mandated to select a QB in the early 1st round overlooks the superior talent in other positions in the very early 1st round.
    Dallas should feel fortunate and lucky if either Manziel or Bridgewater slides to them at 16.
    pjtoadie, MarkP88 and Gaede like this.
  14. Vinnie2u

Vinnie2u Well-Known Member

2,140 Messages
    436 Likes Received
    Thing is teams do let franchise qbs fall. Remember we picked spears over Rodgers
  15. Hardline

Hardline Well-Known Member

866 Messages
    359 Likes Received
    I would let the clock run very close to the end hoping that phone rings with a great trade up offer. If not I still don't select him. He is not a franchise QB. if he was, he wouldn't be sliding.
  16. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

8,064 Messages
    956 Likes Received
    AH, I see you subscribe to the Mickey Spags philosophy
  17. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,565 Messages
    2,432 Likes Received
    No doubt.

My point was that on draft day, as it turned out, most teams did not think Rodgers was a for sure franchise QB, or he would have been taken in the top 5 or so. If they knew what we know now, he goes #1 overall.
    So this year, if a bunch of teams have enough doubts to let one of the higher rated QBs (at least by pre-draft ESPN, etc draftnix, but not necessarily GMs) fall, then why would Dallas think differently than the teams before them? They might, but it's not a given.

Not saying it's right or wrong, but players fall for a reason. It is clear indication of what teams (and not draft websight draft gurus) think of a player on draft day.

I can't see Bridgewater dropping to 16 this year. Manziel...maybe, but I doubt it.
  18. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

35,201 Messages
    2,038 Likes Received
    Nope.

Not because I am against taking a QB but because I don't really love Bridgewater.
  19. KB1122

KB1122 Well-Known Member

1,386 Messages
    308 Likes Received
    The bigger issue with the Pro Day is whether he shrinks under pressure. Being the Cowboys quarterback isn't the same as being the Panthers quarterback or the Falcons quarterback. You have to be able to stand the spotlight.

I'm not passing judgment either way.
  20. Hardline

Hardline Well-Known Member

866 Messages
    359 Likes Received
    I would rather give up the farm for an Andrew Luck than throw the dice for a hope and a prayer for a potential franchise QB in late rounds or even a middle of the first round QB.