1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

If the 'Boys fail to reach playoffs next season, I think Lovie Smith will be next HC

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Yuma Cactus, Feb 5, 2013.

1. GimmeTheBall!

GimmeTheBall! Junior College Transfer

12,667 Messages
    608 Likes Received
    that Lovie Smith is a catch.

He's probably being courted by the Ravens, Packers, 49ers, Patriots . . . oh, he's not?
    Why?
    Ya mean this sterling coach has not been signed to a 10-year-deal already? Amazing.
  2. TheSport78

TheSport78 The Excellence of Execution

8,435 Messages
    409 Likes Received
    That doesn't make him a bad football coach. He already said that he's taking the year off. I'll take his word on that.
  3. GimmeTheBall!

12,667 Messages
    608 Likes Received
    That could also means: The phone is not ringing off the hook, so I will take a year off and wait for the avalanche of calls the next season. Or the next.
  4. CitySlicker202

CitySlicker202 Member

92 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    As a Redskin fan, I don't want to see Lovie Smith anywhere near the NFC East....much less the Dallas Cowboys. No Gruden either, a college coach without professional experience is fine by me.
  5. CarlAllDay

CarlAllDay Active Member

1,833 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    Went to the Super Bowl with Rex grossman ... Is this a serious question ...
  6. CarlAllDay

CarlAllDay Active Member

1,833 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    Lovie smith is a much better coach than Garrett! It's not even close! Those bears teams didn't have half the "Names" the cowboys had over the years and this guy has done more with them! People need to let the bias go. Lovie caught a bad deal in Chicago even the players agreed! I'd love to have him in Dallas.
  7. Tricericon

Tricericon Member

874 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    I realize that "performance relative to expectations" is the standard way to evaluate head coaches, but it's a pretty nonsensical one. Coaches have less impact on the outcome of single games than that of a single lineman or safety; the correct way to evaluate coaches is whether a team is consistently good (or improving, if the coach inherited a project).

The fact that Lovie Smith had good Bears teams (after he'd been there more than a few years - you can inherit good teams but keeping 'em good is tough) is about 1000x more relevant than the playoff success or failure of those teams.

I'd love to have him in Dallas, and I still can't believe Chicago was so dumb as to fire him.
  8. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

14,319 Messages
    2,049 Likes Received

Yea, its halarious how posters bag on Lovie after taking the Bears to the SB and 2 NFC title games with freaking Rex Grossman at QB................

Yet then claim we are on the right track with Garrett and need to stay the course.

:laugh1:
  9. Bane

Bane New Member

25 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Lovie Smith could do great things here if he was given the opportunity. Dude can coach, he'd have our defense among the best in the NFL in no time too.
  10. GimmeTheBall!

12,667 Messages
    608 Likes Received
    Lots of love being shown to Lovie, making me think he actually could do a good job here . . . or are these nonCowboy fans wanting us to not only get rid of Garrett (a decent coach) and hire a retread . . . .

I do wish Lovie well. I just do not see him here instead of Garrett, Gruden, Saban, etc.
  11. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

14,319 Messages
    2,049 Likes Received
    Lovie (lost SB)....Garrett (.500)....Gruden (won SB)....Saban (won NCAA titles)

TRIVIA TIME!!!!

Which of these is not like the others?
  12. TheSport78

8,435 Messages
    409 Likes Received
    Well, I disagree with that.
  13. Ratmatt

Ratmatt Active Member

885 Messages
    61 Likes Received
    I agree with you.
  14. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

22,818 Messages
    701 Likes Received
    A Superbowl and two NFC Championship games.

Which, you might note, is far more than any Cowboys coach has done with some very good Dallas Cowboys teams.
  15. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

22,818 Messages
    701 Likes Received

Wow is that just flat out silly.

Yeah he's a bad coach because 4 teams with quality coaches already aren't trying to sign him up.

What a dumb argument.
  16. DC Cowboy

DC Cowboy Member

492 Messages
    17 Likes Received
    Lost in the Superbowl to Indy
  17. TheSport78

8,435 Messages
    409 Likes Received
    With Rex Grossman at QB. It's a miracle they made the Super Bowl!
  18. Joe Realist

Joe Realist No Kool-Aid here!

6,435 Messages
    198 Likes Received
    I think Jerry should just move over to the coaches booth.
  19. Wood

Wood Well-Known Member

4,305 Messages
    362 Likes Received
    I don't think this cowboys 'situation' gets resolved until he does.
  20. JerryFan

JerryFan Active Member

1,243 Messages
    7 Likes Received
    Lovie is a major egomaniac and would take a huge pass. I've lived in Illinois my entire life so hear a lot about him and don't want any part of that.