1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

If the Eagles roll into our house Sunday and pull off the unthinkable..

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by TXCowboyVol, Nov 28, 2012.

1. TXCowboyVol

TXCowboyVol Active Member

329 Messages
    40 Likes Received
    If the Eagles rolled into our house Sunday night and pulled off the unthinkable, and beat us....does Garrett still retain his job?? Is he fired the following Monday and Ryan is the interim coach, does he last til the end of the season and then gone?? Can you IMAGINE the media circus????
  2. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

31,996 Messages
    7,742 Likes Received
    If the Cowboys slip to 5-7, I imagine the Earth will continue on in its regular orbit for a little while yet.
  3. starfrombirth

starfrombirth Well-Known Member

3,933 Messages
    476 Likes Received
    I think Garrett is a good head coach, he is just a terrible offensive coordinator.
  4. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Well-Known Member

2,818 Messages
    639 Likes Received
    Wade survived the 44-6 drubbing so I doubt that Jerry would be too upset. He just drinks more.
  5. kelc

kelc Member

122 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    He stays to the end of the season.Who would you replace him with anyway?
  6. StevenOtero

StevenOtero Well-Known Member

6,455 Messages
    419 Likes Received
    Get yer facts out of here, they don't apply to The Zone. :D
  7. Clove

Clove Shrinkage

39,730 Messages
    1,942 Likes Received
    What makes him a good head coach?
  8. CowboysFanSince88

CowboysFanSince88 Well-Known Member

4,461 Messages
    194 Likes Received

Why are you talking like a scared little girl? Have you now seen the eagles play the last 7 weeks??????????????
  9. xvendettax914

xvendettax914 Well-Known Member

329 Messages
    360 Likes Received
    ..Have you seen us play the last 7 weeks? Not saying we win not saying we lose. But this Cowboy team is not one to be rewarded a win before even taking the field..
  10. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,585 Messages
    2,242 Likes Received
    "Unthinkable"?

A mediocre team going against a turd?

Expect a close game.
  11. CowboysFanSince88

4,461 Messages
    194 Likes Received
    I believe the 1st matchup between the Eagles/Cowboys was a blowout:bang2:
  12. xvendettax914

xvendettax914 Well-Known Member

329 Messages
    360 Likes Received
    Not sure about that. And even if it was what means this game is a gimmie? Philly is done. What makes you think they wont play us like its their superbowl. Like we did the giants in game 1? A group of young rookies lookin to prove something with no pressure against a division rival? Im sorry. I dont see this as a gimmie at all. I believe we can and will win. But suggesting this is easy is silly.
  13. CowboysFanSince88

4,461 Messages
    194 Likes Received

I came on here 3 weeks ago and predicted we would in philly in a blowout ans BOOKED IT.

So let me do this again, The Eagles have a weak QB, no Shady, no Jackson, and playing on the road where they have been giving up 30 pts or more.

We win by 17 or more BOOK IT!!!

Eagles 14
    Cowboys 35
  14. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

12,103 Messages
    1,269 Likes Received

It's not like the Cowboys are undefeated anyone who's watched the team this season won't be surprised in the least if they lose Sunday night. Just 3 weeks ago they were down 17-10 to Philly and had it not been for 21 points by the defense and special teams they would have lost that game. They were down by 13 points to a 2 win Browns team a couple of weeks ago and it took OT to outlast them. On Thanksgiving the Cowboys were down 28-3 at halftime to a 4 win Washington team and were lucky just to make things interesting in the second half.

Philly is probably looking at this game as a great opportunity to snap their 7 game losing streak. :laugh2: A lot of teams have rolled into the Cowboys house like it's their own and beat them. The Cowboys lose so often at home it's almost like they're at a disadvantage playing at home. The Cowboys are awful after long weeks and on Sunday night. They stink in Dec so the unthinkable may be the Cowboys winning this game not Philly.
  15. Gameover

Gameover Well-Known Member

3,218 Messages
    475 Likes Received
    I call it a win win.

Hopefully, it would mean we're one step closer to getting rid of Tony Romo!

Better draft postion to boot!
  16. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

51,649 Messages
    5,560 Likes Received
    Staubach said, "...It's really a mystery to me why people don't understand how really good Romo is. The things he can do and the plays he can make, I'm sure Troy would say the same. I think this team is building to support a great quarterback like Romo. If your defense is doing a great job, you can do a lot of things on offense."
  17. Gameover

Gameover Well-Known Member

3,218 Messages
    475 Likes Received
    Love the Dodger!He, Michael and Randy White are my favorite ex players!They don't whine and moan about the negatives surrounding this team.They all try an uplift with the words they say to the press.No Drew Pearson

Roger is wrong as the day is long about Tony Romo.
  18. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

39,108 Messages
    4,580 Likes Received
    Another head scratcher. Roger doesn't seem to do a lot of things wrong. I suppose this could be one as he is human. However, many people in the league think Tony is a unique talent with the capability to carry a team to the SB including other Cowboy greats. So when I hear those people say that about Tony and I see for myself what a good QB he is then I listen.
  19. djmajestik

djmajestik Member

965 Messages
    12 Likes Received
    Couldn't have stated it better! :signmast:
  20. LeonDixson

LeonDixson Illegitimi non carborundum

9,745 Messages
    89 Likes Received
    KJJ, I'm normally an optimist, but I couldn't agree with you more if I had said it myself.

Until 12/21/12 anyway. That's when the Mayan calendar ends and IIRC the theory is that the earth will shift on it's axis and change it's rotation. I'm planning a going away party for the 20th.:D