1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

If the Eagles roll into our house Sunday and pull off the unthinkable..

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by TXCowboyVol, Nov 28, 2012.

1. KLJ

KLJ Member

253 Messages
    21 Likes Received
    absolutely. the cowboys are incapable of blowing anyone out.. even the worst team in the league. make no mistake about it. right now, philly is the worst team in the league.
  2. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

12,034 Messages
    1,254 Likes Received

It probably took you longer to read that post (if you even read it all) than it did for me to type it. :laugh2: Take Romo out of the lineup like you wish the Cowboys would and they wouldn't be any better than Philly. The Cowboys have only 2 more wins than Philly. Both the Cowboys and Eagles are a couple of bad teams whose coaches are under fire.

I'm not saying the Cowboys won't win Sunday night they should with Philly pretty much fielding a preseason lineup but it certainly isn't a given based on what we've seen from the Cowboys this season. The Cowboys have been outscored 41-3 in the first half of their last 2 home games. Rookie QB's have feasted on the Cowboys this season even Foles who had never taken a regular season snap looked good coming off the bench 3 weeks ago completing almost 70% of his passes with one TD against the Cowboys.

The BOO BIRDS have been coming out the past 3 home games the Cowboys are having trouble just winning over their own crowd. If they get down to Philly by more than a TD the BOOS are going to be deafening. Romo has had turnovers in 8 of the Cowboys 11 games and multiple turnovers in 4 games. I don't care how bad off Philly is if the Cowboys start turning the ball over and committing repeated penalties they'll be in for a real battle Sunday night.
  3. KJJ

12,034 Messages
    1,254 Likes Received
    Philly had the lead 22-21 entering the 4th quarter and ended up losing by 8 points how is that being abused?
  4. Rynie

Rynie Benched

4,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    ...if they start out full-******, I'll be one of them.
  5. PAINFROMUKRAINE

PAINFROMUKRAINE Active Member

191 Messages
    75 Likes Received
    If Philly beats us then Garrett needs to be FIRED. Hopefully, Jerry gets drunk during the game and doesn't think to much if we lose and fires Garrett quickly. :bow:
  6. Rynie

Rynie Benched

4,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    So, when did being a "realist" automatically mean "jerry-hater"?
  7. TwoDeep3

TwoDeep3 Well-Known Member

6,432 Messages
    2,292 Likes Received
    No, both Garrett and Ryan arer fired at the end of the year.
  8. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

31,942 Messages
    7,690 Likes Received
    Pro-Jerry realists, step right up!
  9. Chuck 54

Chuck 54 Well-Known Member

9,468 Messages
    341 Likes Received
    Unthinkable? Are you kidding me? They will probably run the ball well. We are starting two backup ILBs who weren't even in the plans, along with numerous other injuries and a weak OL. Despite the Eagles record, after what the Skins just did to us, why would we find it surprising to be defeated by the Eagles?
  10. JohnsKey19

JohnsKey19 Well-Known Member

6,651 Messages
    517 Likes Received
    This will be a close game played in the teens/low-20s. Philly still has the speed/quickness on DL to give us problems up front. That alone can destroy whatever game plan we may have offensively.

I expect a game similar to what we saw vs Cleveland. 4th quarter likely tied or within 3 points and there for either team to win.
  11. CowboysFanSince88

CowboysFanSince88 Well-Known Member

4,456 Messages
    190 Likes Received

They have speed and quickness on the D-line and the opposing team offense has been averaging 30 pts in 3 of the last 4 games

So I have no clue what the hell you are talking about.
  12. KJJ

12,034 Messages
    1,254 Likes Received
    Like I said Philly had a 22-21 lead heading into the 4th quarter without Vick, McCoy and Jackson and lost by 8 points. You call that being abused? :cool: Being "abused" is what happened to the Cowboys in the first half against Washington on Thanksgiving. The Cowboys struggled against Carolina 5 weeks ago in a game in which Cam Newton was terrible. Newton could hardly do anything that day he completed less than 58% of his passes and had 2 turnovers with a passer rating of 73.4 but the Cowboys still found themselves in a dogfight barely escaping with a 5 point win.

Against Philly on Monday night Cam was great passing for over 300 yards with 2 TD's, no turnovers and a passer rating of 125.0. Had he played like that against the Cowboys a few weeks ago they would have lost to Carolina. Reports are Vick is out Sunday but if McCoy who's status is still up in the air is able to play he'll give the Cowboys defense that's appears primed to fold again in Dec all they can handle.

Not only have rookie QB's looked like seasoned veterans against the Cowboys this year but they've had 2 rookie RB's the past 2 weeks shred them. Even if McCoy can't go Philly has a rookie RB who just put up 178 yards on Carolina I wouldn't be surprised to see him light it up against our sinking defense. With our 2 starting LB's out and a D that just gave up 113 yards to a rookie RB I wouldn't be chalking up a win Sunday night just yet.
  13. KJJ

12,034 Messages
    1,254 Likes Received
    You better hope so. :laugh2:
  14. CowboysFanSince88

4,456 Messages
    190 Likes Received

First of all if you are going to post atleast be accurate or stop posting.

Philly never had a 22-21 lead going into the 4th qtr because the Cowboys had a 78 yd punt return to take the lead 24-17. Then we scored again on a INT return that increased the lead to 31-17. So try and know what you are talking in the future if you are going to state why we are going to lose.

L
  15. Lodeus

Lodeus Well-Known Member

3,169 Messages
    411 Likes Received
    My exact thought.
  16. cml750

cml750 Well-Known Member

2,474 Messages
    704 Likes Received
    :huh: smh

You can't seriously think Romo is what is wrong with this team?????????
    LOL, I guess Romo is making Garrett look bad??? ROTFLMAO:laugh1:
  17. KJJ

12,034 Messages
    1,254 Likes Received
    Dude you might try reading my post carefully so you don't come off looking foolish. :rolleyes: I was referring to the Monday night game where Philly had a 22-21 lead over CAROLINA heading into the 4th quarter. No where have I stated the Cowboys are going to lose Sunday night to Philly I'm saying a victory over the Eagles isn't a sure thing.
  18. CowboysFanSince88

4,456 Messages
    190 Likes Received

Oh ok, I thought you were talking about the cowboys game.

Still what does the 2-8 Panthers being down 22-21 in the 4th Qtr have to do with a 5-6 Cowboys team who already beat the eagles with shady and jackson?????????????
  19. KJJ

12,034 Messages
    1,254 Likes Received
    If followed my discussion instead of glossing over everything you would have known what I was talking about. The Cowboys beat the Eagles with 2 defensive TD's, one special teams TD and with Foles at QB who entered the game with not one single regular season snap. Foles looked better against the Cowboys than he did against Carolina. He passed for 219 yards and a TD vs the Cowboys in relief of Vick. The Cowboys were down 17-10 in that game and had it not been for the defensive and special teams scores they would have lost. You would think with 21 points coming from the defense and special teams the Cowboys would have won in a blowout but a 15 point victory isn't a blowout.

Go back and review the Panthers game vs the Cowboys Newton was awful and the Cowboys barely won. The Cowboys offense can't score enough points to blow anyone out the 11 games they've played this season backs that up. Even as bad as Philly is it would take a fluke or a total quit job by the Eagles for the Cowboys to win by 17 or more Sunday night. I mentioned in a previous post if you remove Romo from the Cowboys offense they would be just about as bad off as Philly.

The Cowboys are dead last in rushing so the only way they can move the ball and score is by throwing it so good luck trying to get the ball down the field with Orton who isn't exactly Houdini behind the Cowboys crappy OL. The Cowboys have a lot of the same problems as Philly on the OL, with turnovers and both teams coaches are under fire. Both teams have beat themselves a number of times this season with turnovers. Some here are acting like the Cowboys are in a different class than Philly when the fact is they're both struggling under 500 for a lot of the same ugly reasons.
  20. CowboysFanSince88

4,456 Messages
    190 Likes Received
    and the Eagles have less confidence the they had when we played then the first time with missing star players

eagles 10
    Cowboys 27