1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

If the Eagles roll into our house Sunday and pull off the unthinkable..

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by TXCowboyVol, Nov 28, 2012.

1. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

10,764 Messages
    851 Likes Received
    The Cowboys can't exactly be full of confidence themselves after their performance on Thanksgiving and how this season has gone thus far. How much confidence do you think they have already having 6 losses heading into Dec with Pitts, Cinn, NO and Wash left?

The Eagles are playing with a very short deck and have nothing to lose on Sunday. They're done and so is Andy Reid so they can throw caution to the wind. It's not wise taking a down and out team like that for granted especially when you're a team as mediocre as the Cowboys who have only 2 more wins than Philly.

Babin being cut has sent a message to the rest of Philly's players their heads could be next on the chopping block before the season ends so I don't expect them to lay down. I'm not saying the Cowboys won't win I'm expecting them to win but I'm not expecting a cakewalk.
  2. lane

lane The Chairman

10,712 Messages
    624 Likes Received
    once again you prove to be the best poster on here.
  3. lane

lane The Chairman

10,712 Messages
    624 Likes Received
    preach it!!
  4. Blackspider214

Blackspider214 Well-Known Member

2,281 Messages
    758 Likes Received
    The Eagles beating us is not the unthinkable at all. Even with all their mess and injuries, they are still just as or more talented than the Browns and we were really close to losing to them at home. This will be a hard fought game for us.
  5. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

6,975 Messages
    1,293 Likes Received
    Man, you couldn't be more wrong if you tried. You go on and on about our last game against Philly but that game had meaning to it, loser was pretty much out of the playoffs.. they called it the "fork game" cause whoever lost was going to get the fork. So Philly played as tough as they could until a few players got hurt. Fast forward to this Sunday. Everyone knows Reid is getting fired, they cut Babin, Lesean Mccoy is out, Vick is out, Desean Jackson is out, they are starting a rookie QB that is completely inept, and they just got throttled by a 2-8 Carolina team that has been a joke all season and somehow you think it will be a close game between us and Philly?

Again. the Cowboys do suck this year but the Eagles are on a whole different level of suck and will get killed by the Cowboys Sunday night.
  6. ufcrules1

6,975 Messages
    1,293 Likes Received
    The Browns would kill Philly right now too. haha
  7. tecolote

tecolote Well-Known Member

1,821 Messages
    588 Likes Received
    How can you say that? What team have the Cowboys 'killed' recently? I mean it could happen but the chances of the Cowboys 'killing' the Eagles are no better than the chances of us losing that game.
  8. ufcrules1

6,975 Messages
    1,293 Likes Received
    Hmm... last team we killed was well.....the Eagles 38-23. They played tough at first until their team fell apart.

Now we are getting the team that had the wheels come off... they are a train wreck.
  9. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

30,467 Messages
    6,173 Likes Received
    That Browns team is actually a pretty good team. They find reasons to lose close games, but they keep the games close and play hard. I actually am pretty impressed with what they're doing. I think Shurmur deserves another year to see what they can do. They're just limited at QB.
  10. ufcrules1

6,975 Messages
    1,293 Likes Received
    Yeah, they aren't that bad.. they have had a lot of close games all year. Philly on the other hand has literally given up.
  11. erod

erod Well-Known Member

4,870 Messages
    2,010 Likes Received
    If Dallas lost to Philly....it would get real interesting around here next week.

I expect Garrett to at least finish the season; in fact, I think he'll be back. But a loss here with these circumstances in Philly might send Jerry into a tailspin. He might cut Garrett right there just to calm the masses a touch.
  12. tecolote

tecolote Well-Known Member

1,821 Messages
    588 Likes Received
    Hey, if they spot us 21 points with defense and st I'm with you, we kill 'em.
  13. HowAboutThemCowboys

HowAboutThemCowboys Well-Known Member

2,877 Messages
    531 Likes Received
    This......

It's the Cowboy's version of the perfect storm. Primetime game in front of a national audience, weak opponent, and an absolute 'must win' game.

Board up the windows and get out of town people!
  14. lane

lane The Chairman

10,712 Messages
    624 Likes Received

:laugh2:
  15. CowboysFanSince88

CowboysFanSince88 Well-Known Member

4,089 Messages
    75 Likes Received

You mean the same message that was supposed to be sent when they fired their defensive coordinator? You know they have not won a game since that firing right? And no one said they would lay down the eagles are just not good enough which has been evident the pass 7 weeks.

The Eagles game is the only sure win I see left on the schedule so if they can't win that then it's no need for Garrett to be on the sidelines
  16. CowboysFanSince88

CowboysFanSince88 Well-Known Member

4,089 Messages
    75 Likes Received
    The only thing I was a little tiny bit uncomfortable about when it comes to this game was the fact that is was a DECEMBER GAME and that Andy Reid always wins in December. They are only have lost once in december since 2009.

But then I started thinking that it shouldn't mean anything since Reid's other two streaks have already ended

He never lost more than 4 in a row as a eagles coach.........ended

He never lost a game after the bye......................ended

So will be ok and will win so we can get ready to go to cincy with a 6-6 record
  17. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

32,994 Messages
    719 Likes Received
    :laugh2:
  18. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

30,467 Messages
    6,173 Likes Received
    I know, right? :D
  19. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

32,994 Messages
    719 Likes Received
    I can only imagine the face they made when they read that.

[IMG]
  20. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

10,764 Messages
    851 Likes Received
    Talk about being wrong how does a team get "throttled" losing by just 8 points? What game were you watching Monday night? Dude that was a completive game in which Philly had the lead heading into the 4th quarter and you keep trying to spin they got abused. :rolleyes: If losing 30-22 in a game that Philly held the lead 3 different times before losing in the 4th quarter is your idea of being throttled then if the Cowboys beat Philly by 10 points Sunday night are you going to come on here spinning that was a blowout?

You claim you're a realist but the fact is all you do is exaggerate. You claim the Cowboys suck but are predicting they're going to blowout a Philly team they needed 21 points by the defense and special teams to beat 3 weeks ago. You claim Romo sucks when the fact is he's a very good QB. What do you think of Drew Brees does he suck?

I stated a few days ago if you put Brees on the Cowboys they wouldn't be any better off than they are with Romo. Brees is having the same int issues as Romo because his team has a messed up coaching situation and they keep getting behind and he's pressing trying to bring them back. He has more picks than Romo right now. It's possible the Cowboys could blowout Philly with the short deck they're playing with but the Cowboys are too mistake prone and lack a killer instinct to put anyone away.

If they jump on Philly getting them down by a couple of scores Garrett will get conservative fearing turnovers which will keep Philly in touch. Plus the defense is showing cracks like it always does entering Dec they'll manage to give up some cheap scores with busted coverages just look at the last 2 games. Everything is going to have to go the Cowboys way for them to win by 17 or more.