1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

If the Eagles roll into our house Sunday and pull off the unthinkable..

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by TXCowboyVol, Nov 28, 2012.

1. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

11,917 Messages
    1,212 Likes Received
    Their defensive coordinator had been under fire since last season. Firing him sends a message he wasn't getting it done. Cutting players sends a message they're not getting it done. No game is a sure win in the NFL but the Philly game is the only real winnable game the Cowboys have left.

The only solid win the Cowboys have had this season was on opening night vs the Giants. None of us would have ever imagined that. The Cowboys are not a very good team so it's hard to envision them blowing anyone out when almost all the wins they've had this season have been ugly.

Their biggest margin of victory was 15 points and that was a result of 21 points by the defense and special teams. The "offense" has scored over 30 points only once all season.
  2. 30yrheel

30yrheel Well-Known Member

2,725 Messages
    174 Likes Received
    and we'll fold like usual.
  3. CowboysFanSince88

CowboysFanSince88 Well-Known Member

4,421 Messages
    174 Likes Received

Who cares? if they win 28-13 on Sunday will it really matter that the pts came from the defense and special teams? I believe all those players are also paid to help the team win so again explain to me what you are talking about?
  4. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

7,242 Messages
    1,447 Likes Received
    How about this.. I say the Cowboys win by more than 10 points on Sunday. You and I can bet on it.. you name the amount you want to bet. If you don't bet, I will be sure to remind you just how wrong you were once Dallas kills Philly on Sunday night.

I am a realist and I have said a million times the Cowboys are a pathetic team this year. With that said, they have not been quitters at all this year. Philly is a team that has absolutely quit and the wheels have fallen off. I'm sorry you haven't realized that yet. There is ZERO chance Dallas will lose to the Eagles and I will bet ANYONE who thinks otherwise.

I actually watch ALL nfl teams play football, not just the Cowboys, and not just highlights and it is easy to see a team that is done. The 2-8 Panthers toyed with them. They didn't even take the game seriously.

Drew Brees is having an off year, his team is in complete disarray because of the scandal, and they lost their head coach...and you are going to attack him when he is down? Give it a rest man.
  5. ufcrules1

7,242 Messages
    1,447 Likes Received
    And who was that against again? Ah, the EAGLES on their own turf. And who cares how we score points? A beatdown is a beatdown. It has also been explained to you ad nauseum that the Eagles still had something to play for in that game too. They were playing for their season and we still beat them by 15 points.

Now they have ZERO to play for and they are without Mccoy, Vick, Jackson, and Babin and all the players know the coach is gone at the end of the year too. You think they are going to play hard for him?
  6. CowboysFanSince88

4,421 Messages
    174 Likes Received

I didn't know it was a rule that all pts must come from the offense:lmao2:
  7. KJJ

11,917 Messages
    1,212 Likes Received

You call beating them by 15 points killing them? lol Having someone down by 2 scores isn't "killing" them. Stop exaggerating and get real. Philly had 23 first downs compared to 14 for the Cowboys and they out gained the Cowboys 369 yards to 294 yards. Vick going down and the turnovers that led to 21 points is what did Philly in. With Vick playing Philly went right down the field and took a 7-0 lead. Even though Foles had never taken a regular season snap he played pretty well.

He completed 69% of his passes for 219 yards and a TD. Maclin had 8 catches for 93 yards and a TD so don't think because D Jackson is out Philly has nothing to threaten the Cowboys secondary with. Foles proved the first time he can make some plays against the Cowboys defense that's been giving up plays. The Cowboys had Carter on defense in the first game and without him the cracks are starting to appear. The loss of Lee and Carter are starting to show.
  8. ufcrules1

7,242 Messages
    1,447 Likes Received
    I guess in his world that is the rule.
  9. ufcrules1

7,242 Messages
    1,447 Likes Received
    Felix.. are you going to bet me or not?
  10. SkinsandTerps

SkinsandTerps Redskins Forever

7,406 Messages
    20 Likes Received
    C&LF bet his account here. Saying the same thing...but a different team. Not that it mattered, but that was his basic statement.

This is silly. These guys are playing for their jobs also. Salary is no a guarantee in the NFL, only signing bonuses...and such.

Those guys all have a reason to play hard their jobs are on the line regardless of whomever may or may not be on the field at the time. This is a chance for those other guys to shine and go all out too.
  11. CowboysFanSince88

4,421 Messages
    174 Likes Received

So why haven't they been playing hard the last 7 weeks?
  12. ufcrules1

7,242 Messages
    1,447 Likes Received
    Ah, so what you are telling me is NO team ever quits in the NFL then right? Even teams who are missing several key players and playing for a coach that they know is going to be fired at the end of the season. Just because players have their jobs on the line doesn't mean they have the talent to play at a high enough level not to get embarrassed.
  13. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,472 Messages
    2,366 Likes Received
    Who hasn't been playing hard?

I'd say effort has not been the issue.
  14. CowboysFanSince88

4,421 Messages
    174 Likes Received

Some poster was trying to say they will be playing for their jobs. I thought they were doing that the entire month of December?

The Eagkes stink and will lose this sunday

The End
  15. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,472 Messages
    2,366 Likes Received
    OK:starspin
  16. KJJ

11,917 Messages
    1,212 Likes Received
    Winning by 2 scores isn't a blowout and a blowout is what you've been predicting throughout this thread. If you want to bet on a blowout I'll bet you $5000 the Cowboys don't win by 17 points or more. I'll make it easy on you if the Cowboys win by 17 or more I'll pay you $5000 and if they don't you pay me $2000...deal? Don't take the bet unless you intend on paying up and it can be proven.

You're no realist the Cowboys aren't a pathetic team they're just not a very good team. This is just another example of how you exaggerate.

That statement right there proves you're nothing but hot air. As inconsistent and mediocre a team as the Cowboys are they could very easily lose this game. A hundred posters could take you up on that bet and if the Cowboys lost you would never pay up. You would simply disappear and return under a different username. :laugh2:

The Panthers a 2-8 team entering the game whose head coach is on the hot seat didn't take Philly seriously??? :rolleyes: No one takes you seriously!

I wasn't attacking Brees just giving you the facts why he's struggling. All you do is attack Romo claiming he sucks when he's the only reason the Cowboys have a chance to compete every week. If it wasn't for his 441 yards and 3 TD's on Thanksgiving the Cowboys would have lost by 35+ that's what you call being throttled.
  17. KJJ

11,917 Messages
    1,212 Likes Received
    He bet his account and when he lost the bet he never deleted it.
  18. KJJ

11,917 Messages
    1,212 Likes Received
    What's killed Philly has been injuries, turnovers and poor play by their QB.
  19. KJJ

11,917 Messages
    1,212 Likes Received
    Have you ever placed a bet on this board you actually paid off after losing? lol
  20. CowboysFanSince88

4,421 Messages
    174 Likes Received

I don't want to hear anything about injuries