1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

If the Eagles roll into our house Sunday and pull off the unthinkable..

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by TXCowboyVol, Nov 28, 2012.

1. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

10,367 Messages
    697 Likes Received
    Those 21 points by the defense and special teams was a fluke how many times have you seen that from the Cowboys this season? We beat a Philly team by 15 points that played most of the game with a rookie QB who had never taken a regular season snap and being handed 21 points. Even after the Cowboys got the lead they lost it on a 44 yard TD pass from Foles to Maclin. After Philly took a 14-10 lead Foles drove the Eagles down the field again which led to a FG and a 17-10 lead.

Romo who you claim sucks hit Dez on a 30 yard TD pass which tied the game. It was the punt return for the TD, the pick six and Hatchers fumble return for a score that won the game for the Cowboys. The Cowboys were in a fight for their life until the defensive and specials teams TD's saved them. The Cowboys had ZERO to play for in 2010 after going 1-7 and being totally pulverized by the Packers 45-7.

That team that was being led by a near 40 year old backup QB ended up beating a Payton Manning led Colts team on the road in Indy a few weeks later. The Eagles players respect Reid and I'm sure they feel sorry for him with the tough year he's had to face with the death of his son. I don't see them laying down and quitting on him.
  2. KJJ

10,367 Messages
    697 Likes Received
    December doesn't arrive until tomorrow. :toast:
  3. CowboysFanSince88

CowboysFanSince88 Well-Known Member

4,022 Messages
    63 Likes Received

I thought they were doing that in October and November. A team that has lost 2 months in a row is all of a sudden going to start winning when it's no reason to now that their season is over?:lmao2:
  4. KJJ

10,367 Messages
    697 Likes Received
    If the Cowboys win 28-13 due entirely to defensive and special teams TD's the offense and Garrett will be under extreme fire.
  5. CowboysFanSince88

4,022 Messages
    63 Likes Received

I believe the offense will only be under fire if the cowboys lose due to no production and a total of 10pts all day
  6. KJJ

10,367 Messages
    697 Likes Received
    A team that hasn't blown anyone out in 13 games dating back to last season is all of a sudden going to blow one out after being roasted like a turkey on Thanksgiving by a 4 win team that has only one great player? The Cowboys 2010 team that was 1-7 started winning some games when their season was over. It is possible that Philly will win at least one more game before the season is over and the Cowboys are a very beatable team.
  7. KJJ

10,367 Messages
    697 Likes Received
    The offense has been under fire all season due to poor OL play, turnovers, lack of scoring and Garrett's play calling.
  8. CowboysFanSince88

4,022 Messages
    63 Likes Received

Well look at it like this, if they lose to this Eagles team then we won't have to pay attention to the playoff picture anymore because that will prove they was not going to win any games in December anyway

So sunday night will tell it ALL!!!
  9. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

25,742 Messages
    1,173 Likes Received
    :star:
  10. KJJ

10,367 Messages
    697 Likes Received
    I forgot to add pre snap penalties especially in the redzone as another reason the offense has been under fire.
  11. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

25,742 Messages
    1,173 Likes Received
    You like that word "fire", huh?
  12. Bowdown27

Bowdown27 Well-Known Member

2,453 Messages
    159 Likes Received
    If we don't put up an offensive performance like we did opening day against the giants then it's a big disappointment. Need to dominate.
  13. KJJ

10,367 Messages
    697 Likes Received
    The performance on Thanksgiving told it all. Getting down 28-3 at home against a 4 win team that has only one great player sealed the deal for me. Blowing out a bad Philly team that's lost 7 straight and is playing with a short deck isn't going to tell anything. It's not like the Cowboys winning that game is going to change how most of us feel about them right now. They're going to have to win out to win most of us back.
  14. KJJ

10,367 Messages
    697 Likes Received
    Yeah it's hot!
  15. CowboysFanSince88

4,022 Messages
    63 Likes Received

The redskins are a better team so not sure what you mean by 4 win team. They will soon be a 6 and 7 win team
  16. tiny tim

tiny tim Member

308 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I can't say for sure but I think Jason Garrett will be here for the rest of the year and all of next year. Also I would not be surprised if the Cowboys get beat.
  17. CowboysFanSince88

4,022 Messages
    63 Likes Received

Why would he still be here if the team missed the playoffs 2 years in a row?
  18. tiny tim

tiny tim Member

308 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Because I think Jerry Jones wants to keep him for 3 full years (and maybe even longer).
  19. Clove

Clove Shrinkage

37,822 Messages
    1,082 Likes Received
    Jerry won't be able to sell Garrett to the fans if we don't make the play offs. The fans were antsy last year, they are beyond angry this year.

Jerry's going to have to make a big move, like he did with Parcells when he wanted his palace built.
  20. SDCowboy85

SDCowboy85 Well-Known Member

14,519 Messages
    1,006 Likes Received
    The Eagles are without Vick, McCoy and Jackson...if we lose this game Garrett shouldn't even still be employed to talk to the team afterwards.