1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

If the Patriots are interested in QBs and they have Brady, why don't we?

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Pokes12, Apr 20, 2014.

1. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

51,636 Messages
    5,548 Likes Received
    Ultimate team success is measured in Super Bowl trophies. Their last one was 10 years ago and that is with the great Billecheat and Brady. Complain about what we have done the last 10 years all you want. But NE has had those 2 HOFers and still can't win another championship and lost 2 chances to Eli.
    waving monkey likes this.
  2. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

5,891 Messages
    2,068 Likes Received
    [IMG]
    CowboyStar88 likes this.
  3. waving monkey

waving monkey Well-Known Member

2,367 Messages
    914 Likes Received
    declining physical was the point but that wouldn't matter would it
  4. BoysFan4ever

BoysFan4ever Well-Known Member

6,207 Messages
    2,014 Likes Received
    It's actually kind of funny that people here are bagging on a team like the Pats that are consistently in the playoffs. I'd really love the Cowboys to be in the playoffs as often as they are. You have to get there to be in the SB right? They seem to have the right formula. And I'd love to have a great HC like Bill.
    PA Cowboy Fan and jnday like this.
  5. HappyOnions

HappyOnions Datwin

958 Messages
    567 Likes Received
    Pshhh...

We have Weeden and Orton...no need to groom a young, promising quarterback who could learn from veteran Tony Romo and one day take the reigns...
  6. CowboyStar88

CowboyStar88 Well-Known Member

4,947 Messages
    1,400 Likes Received
    I think BP hurt JJ by his reluctance to draft and play young QBs. It took Bledsoe imploding for BP to finally pull the hook on "his" guy. Like we didn't learn what it was like playing a 37 yr old QB without a future plan. I fear we are headed down those days again.
    HappyOnions likes this.
  7. HappyOnions

HappyOnions Datwin

958 Messages
    567 Likes Received
    I feel as if Jerry has always had a "we can win now" attitude which prompts him to go after guys like Testaverde, Bledsoe, Keyshawn Johnson, Terrell Owens, Roy Williams (WR), Joey Galloway, etc. Unfortunately, no team is really ever "1 player away" the exception being Deion Sanders when he went to both the 49ers and Cowboys, same goes for Reggie White to a smaller extent.

I doubt we'll ever truly be in "rebuild mode" while Jerry is around.
    CowboyStar88 likes this.
  8. CowboyStar88

4,947 Messages
    1,400 Likes Received
    It's sad that a guy who won SBs with the first overall QB has put such little stock in the position. They lucked into Romo. Other the. Drafting QC who imploded his own career JJ just doesn't see the need for a backup plan. No pun intended
    HappyOnions likes this.
  9. SilverStarCowboy

SilverStarCowboy The Actualist

7,504 Messages
    409 Likes Received
    Dallas lands the injured QB Murray and DE Easley late with dynamic Tard ups in the 3rd and 4th Grade.

[IMG]
  10. HappyOnions

HappyOnions Datwin

958 Messages
    567 Likes Received
    I can almost see it now...

Romo is retired or no longer effective...Jerry will have a chance to draft a 1st round QB, but instead will dish out a boat load of money to an aging free agent (who was cut to make room for their teams new QB) such as Kaepernick or Rivers in order to "not miss a beat".
    CowboyStar88 likes this.
  11. CowboyStar88

4,947 Messages
    1,400 Likes Received
    So Dallas should stay away from 2 prospects who were highly rated before injury? They were both considered first rd talents. I would be thrilled if Dallas was able to land both those guys in the 4th/5th rd.
    SilverStarCowboy likes this.
  12. CowboyStar88

4,947 Messages
    1,400 Likes Received
    I fear it will be a Matt Barkley/Mark Sanchez type.
  13. SilverStarCowboy

SilverStarCowboy The Actualist

7,504 Messages
    409 Likes Received
    me too...just highly unlikely..you're right those two were 1st round locks
    CowboyStar88 likes this.
  14. CowboyStar88

4,947 Messages
    1,400 Likes Received
    I like supereric8 idea from the draft zone Barr at 16 Easley in the 2nd and I threw in Murray in the 3rd/4th and I would be thrilled with those picks
    cowboyschmps3 likes this.
  15. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,275 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    If you listen to some of this crowd , Ware and Witten are HOF caliber players. I guess that don't count. They couldn't get to the playoffs. Looking at it that way makes things look even worse.
  16. cowboyschmps3

cowboyschmps3 Well-Known Member

2,792 Messages
    199 Likes Received
    We will I think the reports of not drafting a qb are smokescreens
  17. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,139 Messages
    481 Likes Received
    We have shown interests in QBs so chill...
  18. XxTDxX

XxTDxX Active Member

750 Messages
    248 Likes Received
    If you look at the patriots drafts the last 10 years and exclude the Gronkowski year they have had a lot of baddddd draft classes.. The Patriots have built a lot of their best teams through free agency and smart trades. They would not be the team I would want to pattern my drafting habits after.
  19. IAmLegend

IAmLegend Well-Known Member

4,177 Messages
    1,288 Likes Received
    We are. We're going to pick Brett Smith in the 5th or 6th round.
  20. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,275 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    They win every year. Their system works. As Cowboy fans, we have no room to talk bad about how they run their team. The results are much better than the Cowboys.
    BoysFan4ever likes this.