1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

If the Patriots get DMAC

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by rockj7, Apr 1, 2008.

1. rockj7

rockj7 Active Member

819 Messages
    141 Likes Received
    Does anybody think that the boys could trade for Lawrence maroney; We could have the tandem of Maroney and Barber. Its just a thought (maybe a poor thought ) ;)
  2. kristie

kristie Well-Known Member

7,570 Messages
    123 Likes Received
    it's a nice thought but i don't think it's going to happen.
  3. Dallas

Dallas Old bulletproof tiger

11,515 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I would PM a mod and ask them to remove this thread. :cool:
  4. CrazyCowboy

CrazyCowboy Well-Known Member

32,170 Messages
    144 Likes Received
    Man, if the Pats get DMAC......ck me into the emergency room.

I WILL BE SICK!
  5. dbair1967

dbair1967 Arch Defender

30,783 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    why would we want to trade for him? We could draft any number of backs in this draft that would be as good as him...

David
  6. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

23,053 Messages
    797 Likes Received
    I'm curious as to why the Patriots would suddenly want to trade him. They've got him for another 1 or 2 years on his rookie deal, which isn't real expensive (I don't think anyway) so why wouldn't they keep him to rotate with DMac?
  7. alancdc

alancdc Active Member

3,295 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    With a lot of teams going with some sort of a 2 back system I wouldn't see the point of them trading him. Besides that he hasn't exactly been the healthies of players in his short career.
  8. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    I don't want to talk about the Pats and the draft. I think it's pathetic that their "punishment" for cheating was to lose a first round pick and they still get the 7th overall pick in the draft.

Yeah, that right, I'm a hater! :p:
  9. BraveHeartFan

23,053 Messages
    797 Likes Received
    No i agree with you completely. If you were going to take a pick from them then they should have taken the higher of the two. It was pointless to take the 31 but then leave them with the 7. That isn't a punishment at all.
  10. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

36,992 Messages
    3,553 Likes Received
    Of course it's punishment. How would you like it if we suddenly were stripped of our 28. Of my God the outcry would have been like the Exodus.
  11. Cajuncowboy

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Do we get the 7th overall pick? Then sure, if we deserved it. The difference between 22 and 28 is not the same as between #7 and 31.
  12. DallasEast

DallasEast Cowboys 24/7/365 Zone Supporter

28,114 Messages
    1,656 Likes Received
    [IMG]
  13. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

36,992 Messages
    3,553 Likes Received
    The point is they still lost a first round pick. Of course the punishment would have been more SEVERE if they lost the highest first round pick. It was a just punishment for the fact they will not do that again. Loosing any first rounder is bad enough.

:laugh2:

Someone gets it.
  14. Cajuncowboy

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    And how do we know they won't do it again? They were warned repeatedly not to do it. And they did.

The punishment wasn't just. The Commish said he held coaches to a higher standard when he banned Coach Wilson from the game for 6 games for taking steroids for health issues, but Billicheat fragrantly violates the rules and he gets docked a late first round pick, still gets a top 10 pick and no suspension?

Yep, that sounds just.
  15. Rampage

Rampage Benched

24,117 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    seriously can anybody tell me when teams started LOOSING games? or when fighters started LOOSING fights? or when people started thinking you can LOOSE things instead of lose things.
  16. hockix

hockix Active Member

1,017 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    So true...
    But you know there are rules for every other teams and their players...
    And there are some differents.... for Dallas....:bang2:
  17. Hailmary

Hailmary Active Member

2,249 Messages
    24 Likes Received
    I kinda hope they end up w/ McFadden. Sure McFadden will improve their offense, but how much better can it get? I think McFadden will have less of an impact for the Pats than would a Cromartie, McKelvin or a Gholston.
  18. dalboy

dalboy one man wolf pack

1,081 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    wont go to patriots,the jets will pick him up if he falls into their lap.
  19. BlueStar II

BlueStar II New Member

1,813 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    :bang2: I don't see the Pats getting McFadden, but if they ever did, I'd join you in the emergency room.
  20. BraveHeartFan

23,053 Messages
    797 Likes Received
    I completely disagree that it's a punishment. Every team gets a first round pick, unless they've traded it away or something, so the Patriots losing one of their two, and it being the lowest possible, isn't really a loss. They still have a pick in the first round so it's as if they didn't really get punished at all.

There is nothing just about taking the 31st pick in the draft away from them but then allowing them to keep the 7th. I, personally, don't believe that sent a message at all because I believe, had they not had the extra first, that Roger would have stripped them of a 2 or a 3. I personally only believe they lost the lower one cause they had an extra first rounder.