1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

If the season continues to tank?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by neosapien23, Nov 6, 2012.

1. neosapien23

neosapien23 Well-Known Member

2,777 Messages
    61 Likes Received
    Do you guys think Dallas will play for next year if the losses keep piling up? If they drop 3 more games why not give Parnell a look at RT and Leary or Arkin a look at RG?? Maybe they will suck even more but maybe not. If the season is done for I would like to see what the other players got. The coaching staff sees something in Parnell so lets see what he can do on the field.
  2. DBOY3141

DBOY3141 Well-Known Member

3,264 Messages
    538 Likes Received
    Nope. How many young guys did you see play when they went 6-10.

Dallas does not trust rookies. How much has Crawford, Wilbur, Hannah, Beasley played?
  3. rocboy22

rocboy22 Active Member

1,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    yea- has this happened ever before? nope. why would they get smart now?
  4. Wood

Wood Well-Known Member

4,778 Messages
    638 Likes Received
    you have to remember Garrett could be on hot seat if team tanks. Romo & Dez would be fighting for contract extensions. They will all fight until the end. You won't see any changes until very late in year (maybe last game).
  5. RXP

RXP Well-Known Member

3,064 Messages
    1,258 Likes Received
    If they are ready to play, they can play right now. This isn't baseball. If you put in offensive lineman who aren't ready, Romo gets killed.

If the coaches believe they are ready and will upgrade the O-line, put them in. But you just don't throw them out there for the heck of it. Maybe you can with wide receivers or RB's but not lineman. Not as long as Romo is back there. You need your best 5 guys playing.
  6. MartinRamone

MartinRamone Well-Known Member

1,470 Messages
    112 Likes Received
    I already want them to play the youngsters, we cant compete at high level this season anyways.

Start Dunbar over Jones.
    Start Beasley over Ogletree.
    Get Wilber, Crawford and Hannah more involved.
  7. neosapien23

2,777 Messages
    61 Likes Received
  8. KB1122

KB1122 Well-Known Member

1,386 Messages
    308 Likes Received
    If they lose this week, they should. For one, we have to figure out if Wilbur can take over for Spencer. That's a must. We need to see Hanna, too, IMO.
  9. RXP

RXP Well-Known Member

3,064 Messages
    1,258 Likes Received
  10. Hook'em#11

Hook'em#11 Well-Known Member

2,770 Messages
    278 Likes Received

The rest I agree with.

And, They should mix in the youngsters.
  11. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

12,053 Messages
    1,256 Likes Received
    At some point they'll be playing for next year but Garrett still needs to play the players that give the Cowboys the best chance to win or he could be out the door after this season. Jerry may act like Garrett is safe but he's going to have a tough time selling the fans and everyone else on him if the Cowboys have a losing season. Going from 8-8 to 7-9 or worse after a full offseason with no labor dispute is going to make it very difficult for Jerry to say with a straight face that he feels good about the direction Garrett has his team heading in.
  12. fortdick

fortdick Well-Known Member

5,412 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    What does play for next year mean? Lose on purpose? Go somewhere else with that crap.
  13. neosapien23

2,777 Messages
    61 Likes Received

Don't get your panties in a bunch...It means giving people playing time that wouldn't get playing time if the season is over. I don't know about you, but I would like to see if Parnell could play better than Free. I would also like to see if Arkin can play or not. Maybe give these guys a couple of games and if they suck you have to go Oline high. Lets say Parnell is actually better than Free, you just solved one problem without having to address it in FA or the draft.
  14. jday

jday Well-Known Member

2,915 Messages
    759 Likes Received
    I'm with you, but it won't happen. Why? Jerry still has to sale tickets.
  15. fortdick

fortdick Well-Known Member

5,412 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    It is still quitting.