if we beat the giants..

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by lane, Nov 24, 2006.

1. lane

lane The Chairman

11,686 Messages
    1,662 Likes Received
    hello everyone..i trust everyone had a great thanksgiving.

hope everyone is safe and sound.

my question to you all is this:

if we roll into the meadowlands and destroy the giants, do you think we run the table and finish 12-4?

the way this team has come together around romo reminds me a hell of alot like the 92 team.

we have stayed pretty much injury free except for ellis.

we have way more depth than any team in the nfl.

vanderclank is the weakest link......goodbye.

this is an exciting time for us all that we have not felt in years.

i think we will crush eli and that punk plaxico and really show the nfl who the hell is in charge of things.

2. cowboys19

cowboys19 New Member

1,576 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Im worried about the Giants, Falcons, and Saints
  3. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

58,466 Messages
    10,580 Likes Received
    No guarantees Lane? :lmao:
  4. Hostile

Hostile Persona Non Grata Zone Supporter

119,427 Messages
    3,700 Likes Received
  5. lane

lane The Chairman

11,686 Messages
    1,662 Likes Received
    the saints are the only team that worry me...but we have them at home.

the giants are reeling but it is in their house and they play us tough.

the falcons don't stand a chance against our defense.........period.
  6. lane

lane The Chairman

11,686 Messages
    1,662 Likes Received
    you want a guarantee big doggy?

here it goes:

cowboys 42
    giants 17
  7. OkCowboyFan

OkCowboyFan New Member

20 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Two teams worry me and that is the Saints and the Falcons.

Of course it just depends on which Micheal Vick shows up. But the Saints are very beatable and even though I think they are the toughest remaining opponent they are very beatable by this team the way the 'Boys are playing now.

Saying that, 12-4 is possible with us just playing consistent smart football and not necassarily having to play lights out to beat any of the remaining teams.

9 weeks ago 12-4 was a pipe dream. Now it is very possible for us.
  8. Rampage

Rampage Benched

24,117 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    shouldn't you change the title to "AFTER we beat the ny tantrum throwers"
  9. the kid 05

the kid 05 Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds

9,541 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    thats it?

wait is Dat playing at ILB?

cuz if he is, he scores 23 points on his own and lends them to the cowboys for the final score of
    cowboys- 65
    giants - 3

;) super fans will make a return!
  10. chinch

chinch No Quarter

3,596 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    i don't get the IF part about beating the Giants, but running the table would be more than what we should expect. sometimes the football just bounces the wrong way. that said it wouldn't surprise me (although 11-5 would be just fine too!)

11. CliffnMesquite

CliffnMesquite Well-Known Member

4,438 Messages
    195 Likes Received
    The Monday headline in the NY Post will be..."Manning..The lifeboats"
  12. bluestar4ever

bluestar4ever New Member

18 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I am going to say we go 11-5. I don't know which team will hand us the loss, except it won't be a divison game. But after that loss, we go deep in the playoffs, if not the super bowl.
  13. DallasCowboysRule!

DallasCowboysRule! Well-Known Member

1,712 Messages
    386 Likes Received
    Run the table? Probably not. But if we beat New York we'll be 8-4 with 4 weeks remaining. That's prime playoff position. We're in good position right now to grab the second seed in the playoffs. If a few things go our way this weekend and we beat New York next weekend we might not have to run the table to get it.
  14. Zman5

Zman5 Well-Known Member

6,356 Messages
    1,948 Likes Received
    Or..."Romo...The Manning Slayer".
  15. CliffnMesquite

CliffnMesquite Well-Known Member

4,438 Messages
    195 Likes Received
    Or this.
    I'll get you (with a picture of Payton) and..Your little dog to! (insert photo of Eli.
  16. CowboyChris

CowboyChris Well-Known Member

3,445 Messages
    426 Likes Received
    right now all im worried about is beating the Giants, we win that game, and this team can start printing playoff tickets.:starspin
  17. dougonthebench

dougonthebench Cowboys Forever

2,403 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'm gonna focus on one game at a time for now...........:starspin
  18. Aikbach

Aikbach Well-Known Member

9,745 Messages
    42 Likes Received
    If Dallas does that we will be a Super Bowl favorite, there's no doubt in my mind. To beat the Giants convincingly in New York would prove once and for all Romo is no hothanded fluke.
  19. bbailey423

bbailey423 Well-Known Member

5,310 Messages
    867 Likes Received
    If we beat the Giants...we will host a playoff game AND win our first playoff game in 10 years....if we lose to the Giants....we will have to go the wildcard route....this game is that important. The NFL season is really a war of attrition...by the times playoffs roll around most teams are beat up to death. I remeber reading about the 90s Cowboys...and one player said something to the effect "I wish we had not even made the playoffs, I am tired beat up and we don't even get our salaries for these games". I think they get a playoff stipend...which is far less for most players than their normal game check

But anyway, my point is, being at home is crucial.....you need every advantage you can get. The Giant game is that important. Not to mention they came into our place and beat us...plus they talk more sh*t than a little bit, plus we have to allow Romo to establish his dominance oveer Manning. If we win the division, with our youth, cap room and QB play...we could run off a couple of division titles in a row. All of these things are on the line when we face the Giants.
  20. BeWare94

BeWare94 Benched

568 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I was talking to my cousin the other day about almost the exact same subject. I was telling him that if we win the Giants game that I think we would run the table. He said that he thought we'd probably lose just one more game.