1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

If we didn't cut Will Allen, do we make the playoffs?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Zordon, Feb 12, 2014.

1. Zimmy Lives

Zimmy Lives Well-Known Member

5,723 Messages
    919 Likes Received
    Love the Lost Boys reference!
    CyberB0b likes this.
  2. ShiningStar

ShiningStar Well-Known Member

6,204 Messages
    528 Likes Received
    No...stop thinking Spencer is special. .he doesn't nor should u
  3. GimmeTheBall!

GimmeTheBall! Junior College Transfer

12,827 Messages
    682 Likes Received
    It is not like we are 1 player away from the playoffs. We are like one defense and one QB who don't choke, and a play caller away from the playoffs. Then, in the playoffs, Tony chokes and we start all over again.
  4. Fredd

Fredd Well-Known Member

3,454 Messages
    1,263 Likes Received
    Spencer, even injured >>>> Allen
  5. ShiningStar

ShiningStar Well-Known Member

6,204 Messages
    528 Likes Received
    Allen isnt on the cowboys....I dont care his talent....but for all the people on the Spencer wagon...realized hes not as needed as much as they thought. Bottom line...Spencer's not that good....thats all. Hes a solid player. .nothing wrong with that...but hes not first round material. ..
  6. McLovin

McLovin Well-Known Member

3,314 Messages
    1,121 Likes Received
    Yes he was that bad. Doesnt belong in te NFL
  7. McLovin

3,314 Messages
    1,121 Likes Received
    Wait for the Matt Johnson threads after a preseason Tackle. Dueling Safety topics at that point
    Risen Star likes this.
  8. Redball Express

Redball Express All Aboard!!!

3,037 Messages
    284 Likes Received
    This.

I mean Will Allen?

Now if you had said if we had kept Hershel Walker back in 1990..

I'd have said yes..we add another SB to that ream..

..but I'm definitely off topic there.
  9. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

25,360 Messages
    826 Likes Received
    He's a UDFA rookie who was #3 on the depth chart - Wilcox never got right after injury and Allen was cut.

Saying he doesn't belong in the NFL is classic premature evaluation.

Kid didn't belong in the spots we were forced to play him. That doesn't mean he can't develop there. Plus, he's a ST stud.
  10. McLovin

3,314 Messages
    1,121 Likes Received
    Stud ST player? Only Harris is a stud on this team. This is classic over evaluation based on hope because the safety position has been dog s--- since woodson
    JohnsKey19 likes this.
  11. Floaty

Floaty Benched

752 Messages
    265 Likes Received
    Will Allen was the difference for us not making the playoffs..........

Jesus.....that might be the most absurd statement on the internet

Yup. Will Allen. Pin it all on him.
    CyberB0b likes this.
  12. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,858 Messages
    882 Likes Received
    You know, I often find myself up late at night wondering the same thing. If only we hadn't cut Will Allen!
    Floaty likes this.
  13. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

25,360 Messages
    826 Likes Received
    He played great on ST. Open your eyes. Not everyone is going to be a starter. He's a good find for ST alone. We had a good ST unit and he led them in tackles
  14. CyberB0b

CyberB0b Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,641 Messages
    1,564 Likes Received
    Will Allen was the linchpin to our success. If we could have found a way to keep him, there isn't a doubt in my mind that we would have gone 11-5 and had a deep playoff run.
  15. RonSpringsdaman20

RonSpringsdaman20 alpha seeing omega Zone Supporter

2,019 Messages
    819 Likes Received
    will allen could have helped, possibly made a few plays. But I hesitate to say he would have been our playoff difference maker.
  16. Fredd

Fredd Well-Known Member

3,454 Messages
    1,263 Likes Received
    the question was that was will allen not being on the team the reason we didn't get to the post season...I was stating that if we had spencer for the year, it likely would have made a difference...you don't like spencer, I get it...I don't like what he was getting paid, but the player, I liked him a lot...if he was the DE opposite of Ware, then the rotation is better and perhaps the D plays better...in just a few games, had we played a smidgeon better on D, we win 2 or 3 more games, and THAT would have gotten us into the playoffs....allen? laughable
  17. lostar2009

lostar2009 Active Member

744 Messages
    120 Likes Received
    Maybe, becaue one game could have made a difference. Will was better than Heath but they are both patch jobs, well one is. I think if we had a healthy Johnson,Wilcox, Allen and Heath never touch the field our secondary may have improve by 10 ranks near the end of the season.
  18. AmberBeer

AmberBeer Well-Known Member

2,996 Messages
    1,047 Likes Received
    LOL. Like 1 player would correct this mess of a team.
  19. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

75,878 Messages
    2,122 Likes Received
    I think some are getting a bit carried away here. Allen was not the key to the SB but how many games came down to 1 or 2 big plays that had our current safeties had made could have changed the outcome? No one has claimed Allen as some HOF player but as a vet with a much better understanding of this league having played in big games could have helped change the outcome of some very close games. Dallas went 8-8, 1 or 2 plays could have been the differance of post season and sitting home. We will never know what the outcome would have been since it never happened
  20. CyberB0b

CyberB0b Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,641 Messages
    1,564 Likes Received
    I watched the all 22 film of the first week against the Giants. He was terrible.