1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

If you could have one dallas player immortalized to the team

Discussion in 'History Zone' started by locked&loaded, May 13, 2006.

1. locked&loaded

locked&loaded its redskin season

2,827 Messages
    85 Likes Received
    who would it be, meaning would play for ever the team. i would say a dominant pass rusher because as long as you can get a rush on the qb you can stay in a game. so i guess charles hayley since im younger than most and charles hayley is the best sack "artist" if you will ive ever seen.
  2. DragonCowboy

DragonCowboy Well-Known Member

5,421 Messages
    137 Likes Received
    Roger Staubach. We wouldn't ever have to worry about drafting anyone.

Wait, you mean at his prime, right?
  3. locked&loaded

locked&loaded its redskin season

2,827 Messages
    85 Likes Received
    ya, rodger the dodger? haha he was awsome wish tehy would of let him throw a bit more they were over conservative. could of won a few more
  4. DragonCowboy

DragonCowboy Well-Known Member

5,421 Messages
    137 Likes Received
    I didn't really watch any Staubach games, and I was about to type Aikman, but from what I've heard about Roger (and I haven't really seen any Aikman games, except for his last few years, I'm REALLY young :D ), he was a great player, so I penciled him in there.
  5. MissionCoach

MissionCoach Active Member

838 Messages
    40 Likes Received
    Roger The Dodger :bow: :hammer:
  6. L-O-Jete

L-O-Jete Member

895 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    None, they are getting bigger, faster, stronger all the time. I don´t think there is a player from 20 years ago or more who could dominate like he did in his time, not Jim Brown, not Bob Lily, not Payton, not O.J., not LT, not even Montana or Rice in a couple of years.
  7. THUMPER

THUMPER Papa

9,522 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I think I would have to go with Staubach as well. He could play in any era and his mobility might actually fit better in today's game than it did in the 70s.

As much as I would like to have said Bob Lilly I don't think a 260 lb DT could be as dominant in today's game.
  8. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Staubach and pulling away.
  9. dougonthebench

dougonthebench Cowboys Forever

2,403 Messages
    0 Likes Received

:signmast: what he said!!!!
  10. bobbie brewskie

bobbie brewskie New Member

651 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    since QBs are the hardest to find youd hafta say staubach > Aikman > any other position.

so lets say this:

if you could have any non-QB immortalized who would it be?

11. dougonthebench

dougonthebench Cowboys Forever

2,403 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    my non QB is immortalized= Bob Lilly
  12. on8thdayGodcreatedBledsoe

on8thdayGodcreatedBledsoe Benched

133 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  13. SupermanXx

SupermanXx Benched

4,009 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Hey bro no offense but the word "assault" in your sig is spelled wrong man hahaha
  14. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,867 Messages
    1,708 Likes Received
    Leaving out QB, its a bit of a toughy. Irvin, Emmitt, Bullett Bob, Haley, Manster, Deion, there are so many all time greats.....
  15. SupermanXx

SupermanXx Benched

4,009 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Lynn Scott

oh wait, he's already immortalized to the team
  16. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

44,103 Messages
    1,338 Likes Received
    This is the only post on this thread that deserves a hammer icon.
  17. bobbie brewskie

bobbie brewskie New Member

651 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    i agree with everything except for Rice and even Payton just because Rice is so far out in his own leage that its not even funny, in this case STATS DONT LIE! the guy will be the best receiver at any time no matter what. and Payton, what he did with the bears was pretty crazy, the guy can ball and is a complete back. guys like jim brown (from what ive heard and seen on ESPN Classics) could do what they did in their time, now just because he was a powerback and wasnt amazing in other aspects. i dont think you could tell me a back like emmitt or payton (a complete back) wouldnt fair well at anytime in the league, or a receiver like Rice wouldnt fair well, he can do it all, im sorry but you dont have numbers like that for playing in the league that long, you have numbers like that because nobody can touch you. now for QBs - the league changes so much and they depend so much on other positions to excel that id have to agree with you, a QB from back in the day cant compete in todays league but you also cant say that they arent on the same level as QBs of today.
  18. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,867 Messages
    1,708 Likes Received
    ROger in his prime would be just as great now as he was then. BETTER, since they really protect QB's now and the WR's can do so much more now then 30 years ago. Montana would be just as good now as he was 20 years ago.
  19. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

51,649 Messages
    5,561 Likes Received
    :lmao:
  20. Mansta54

Mansta54 Well-Known Member

9,707 Messages
    224 Likes Received
    I'd take Charles Haley or Michael Irvin anytime....