1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

If you could have one QB next year in the draft?

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by tommyboy10, Sep 23, 2006.

1. The30YardSlant

The30YardSlant Benched

24,279 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Next week, #23 Texas Tech comes to town
  2. Glenn Carano

Glenn Carano New Member

574 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    That should be a good game.
  3. The30YardSlant

The30YardSlant Benched

24,279 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Hope so, they are expecting 85k+
  4. Glenn Carano

Glenn Carano New Member

574 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Damn!

I'd go with Tech at their place, but at College Station, it should be close. I'd watch that game.
  5. The30YardSlant

The30YardSlant Benched

24,279 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    It's on ABC at 2:30
  6. Glenn Carano

Glenn Carano New Member

574 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    National? We'll probably get some ACC crap game on Saturday at 3:30 on ABC here in the DC area. Of course, I'll be watching ND at that time against Purdue.
  7. kartr

kartr New Member

3,039 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Smith is taller than Drew Brees and Vick. I'd say that's tall enough.
  8. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

118,874 Messages
    2,670 Likes Received
    You avoided my response to you, and Smith hasn't been measured at the Combines yet and you are relying on his college player page. In other words you have no idea if he's taller than them or not. For instance in college Brees was listed at 6'2" but he isn't. I have heard Smith is under 6'0", which would put him below Brees and Vick.
  9. kartr

kartr New Member

3,039 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Who mentioned Rodney Peete. You spent a lot time talking about a player whose name I never mentioned. Do you have ADD? Rodney Peete is nowhere near as talented as Troy Smith, no matter what his height turns out to be. VY is another name I mentioned. Both players play big in big games and Vince doesn't play small like his pocket predecessor at Texas, Chris Simms. I'm an excellent judge of QB play. You say you hate stats when they don't help your argument, but when they do, you act as if stats are every thing. I think you're either confused or just slow.
  10. dbair1967

dbair1967 Arch Defender

30,783 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

:lmao2: :lmao: :lmao2:

David
  11. Crown Royal

Crown Royal Insulin Beware

10,656 Messages
    972 Likes Received
    :lmao::lmao::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::lmao2::lmao2:

I'm an excellent driver:

[IMG]
  12. kartr

kartr New Member

3,039 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    So, you're saying that Notre Dame is only playing 4 teams this year. Penn State is no good this year and the other teams they've played are mediocre and the rest of their schedule is 'soft'. Their schedule compared to the SEC is a piece of cake.
  13. kartr

kartr New Member

3,039 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    But he is a pocket passer, so he must be good.
  14. Crown Royal

Crown Royal Insulin Beware

10,656 Messages
    972 Likes Received
    What the....what does his passing style have to do with his ability to play? Where did you pull this out of? Don't tell me you are going to turn this thread into another pocket vs. scrambler thread again. Jeeze.

No - Simms isn't good because he has never been any good. It has nothing to do with his speed.
  15. StanleySpadowski

StanleySpadowski Active Member

4,815 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The best pro QB who is draft eligible is Chad Henne. The player who'll be in the '07 draft and turn out to be the best pro is Tyler Palko.

I'm not sold on Quinn

Brohm will have to prove he can come back from injury.

Smith is a lousy QB, a lot of his yardage and TD totals come from having studs who catch dumps and make plays.

The small school darkhorse right now is Luke Getsy from Akron. Quality QB in a quality QB conference who doesn't get the hype but will be something at the next level. Aslo keep an eye on Drew Tate of Iowa.
  16. kartr

kartr New Member

3,039 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    He's injury prone.
  17. Hostile

118,874 Messages
    2,670 Likes Received
    It's called a Historical analogy son. I apologize if it was way over your head. I was giving you some credit for brains. Raise your hand if that was too hard on you and I'll ease up on the whipping next time.

You responded ot my post about Troy Smith. I didn't say one single thing about Vince Young, so your mentioning him meant about as much to me as a bucket of spit.

That's called staying on topic. If you need help there I'd suggest Ritalin.

Stats? Where did I bring up stats? Get your eyes checked and your facts straight before you call someone slow.

Translation, don't bring that weak attempt at smack in here. Or go ahead, I don't mind constantly owning you and you apparently don't mind either or you'd wise up.

Oh, and the only excellence you possess about QB play is that you know which guy takes the snap from Center and is therefore the QB. Beyond that....you got nothing.
  18. Hostile

118,874 Messages
    2,670 Likes Received
    Nice attempt at spin control goober. You said they've played a cake walk schedule and I slapped you down. Don't blame me when you make a stupid statement, blame yourself for not knowing what you're talking about. Your silly agendas will never stand up and we both know it.
  19. kartr

kartr New Member

3,039 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    His height isn't as important as his ability to manage a game and play well against tough competition. There's plenty of qb's who enough height and arm strength, but can't play worth a nickle. That diatribe regarding Peete was much ado about nothing.
  20. calico

calico Well-Known Member

4,226 Messages
    56 Likes Received
    I would take Troy Smith.