Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by newlander, Nov 12, 2012.
1. All three phases
2. All three phases
3. All three phases
Turnovers, Penalties and focus
Can't change the line enough to matter at this point so...
More commitment to the run even if it doesn't always work.
Focus by our Wrs.
1. Cut down on the number of turnovers we give up.
2. Generate more turnovers from the defense and special teams.
3. Take full advantage of the turnovers we generate by scoring points (preferably touchdowns)
1. script our first 25 offensive plays
2. better halftime adjustments
3. a better job of disguising our blitzes
I would not mind seeing Ryan stop the 3 man rush calls he makes.
1) Limit turnovers. Limiting turnovers is the key to this team being a top 5 team in the NFC and a top 7 team in football.
2) Be aggressive on offense early. This defense is built to play with a lead. It has exceptional linebackers and cover players and 4 good corners if the offense can stake the team to a 10-14 point lead.
3) Get Demarco Murray healthy. The guy is very good and multidimensional if healthy. He can ram it up in there pretty good and also be a weapon in the passing game for more explosiveness out of the possession passes we run. That is the one problem with Witten as the primary hot route on a blitz: the defense is not 1 missed tackle away from a huge gain. An 8 yard gain is not a big risk for possibly getting a sack, qb hit or turnover. A Murray or Beasley could change that like it did last year with L. Robinson.
I was very encouraged by Doug Free. He played his best game in a year on Sunday and if we can get close to that performance this offense can go.