1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

If you're in a movie theater, put away your cell phone!

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by Reverend Conehead, Jul 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

17,133 Messages
    1,019 Likes Received
    Right, you along with everyone else in this world. An 'emergency' does not translate into one text message in a movie theater - ever.

[Quite]Give it up, bro. We live in a world of technology, some of it is good, some of it is bad. If a tiny light comes on during "Debbie Does Dallas" bothers you and you miss something important...well, all I can say is that I hope it never happens to you.[/quote]

Well said.

Whatever that was, well said.
  2. stasheroo

17,133 Messages
    1,019 Likes Received
    And your ignorance comes out yet again.

Guess what?

You dont get to decide acceptable for anyone but you!

For the 1,000th time!

Great if it doesn't bother you, that matters to you and you alone.

But the masses say it does and so do the people who run the theaters.

And all of your whining about what everyone else should think doesn't mean a thing.
    Ice Cream is Tasty likes this.
  3. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,741 Messages
    663 Likes Received
    Lol, its not ignorance because you don't agree with it, bud. I'm not telling anyone what they should accept or not accept (like you are), all im saying is i feel sorry for people who get riled up over every little thing.. because i really do.

BTW.. the masses don't say that checking your cell phone for a few seconds quickly during a movie is completely unacceptable. Just because you say that and a few agree with you in this thread (also a few who think you're being just as ridiculous as i do) that doesn't equate to "the masses".

The sooner you realize you don't speak for everyone, the sooner you'll be able to have a rational discussion with others.

Anyway.. sorry again for your moviegoing experiences. It sucks to know you're spending that much money only to ruin it for yourself over every little theater "injustice".

Carry on, stash..
  4. stasheroo

17,133 Messages
    1,019 Likes Received
    The iignorance is thinking for a split second that yours is he proper reaction and anyone disagreeing is wrong. I know the majority of people don't want I during their movie. I also know he theaters have heard that majority and have continued to take steps to eliminate it. Those aren't opinions, those are facts.

Never said I spoke for everyone, that wold be ignorant. What I have said is that the majority feel as I do, as do the theater owners.

Be sorry for the phone addicts who missed out on seeing the movie they paid for because they couldn't live without their phone.
  5. RoyTheHammer

13,741 Messages
    663 Likes Received
    I don't for a second think that anyone who doesn't have the same reaction as me, to anything, is "wrong". There is no right or wrong, its our opinion. That's what you don't seem to get. I don't think the people who would get so riled up over such little things are wrong, i just feel sorry for them. That is my opinion on the matter.

I also feel sorry for "phone addicts" who miss out on a movie they paid 40 dollars to say, amongst other things, in their lives, but hey.. phone addicts who text constantly throughout the movie aren't the people we are talking about in this thread in the first place, are they?
  6. Future

Future Intramural Legend

15,685 Messages
    1,133 Likes Received
    I really wish this thread wasn't referenced in the other about the countdown clock lol

What on earth is going on here? What did I just read?
  7. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

22,515 Messages
    546 Likes Received
    I don't talk on my phone or text people or anything but you can bet it's on in my pocket, on vibrate of course, because I do have kids. And as such I want to be able to know via a call if something has happened to them.

No I don't care if that pisses some random person off at a movie. I don't have to explain to them, or anyone really, why having the ability to get that call is more important to me than rather or not they're bothered by it.
    WoodysGirl likes this.
  8. Wheeltax

Wheeltax Well-Known Member

854 Messages
    368 Likes Received
    And these are all reasons that I don't go see movies anymore. Everyone thinks they're way more important than anyone else.
  9. AmberBeer

AmberBeer Well-Known Member

2,785 Messages
    942 Likes Received
    Agreed. It's alarming the # of people who've posted here that don't practice common courtesy. I guess they never went to a movie before cell phones because they had to be ready for an emergency.
  10. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

59,765 Messages
    2,825 Likes Received
    If you in a thread titled "If you're in a movie theater, put away your cell phone!" and you are still trying to argue your point and trying to get those with opposing views to agree with you or change their minds after 12-13 pages...you might want to quit wasting your time in a thread about cell phones in movie theaters because you are offending me and you need to quit thinking about yourself instead of others.

/sarcasm off
  11. FiveRings

FiveRings Well-Known Member

1,756 Messages
    228 Likes Received
    This thread went to places I never would have expected from a thread about move theaters. You people take your move theater etiquette quite seriously lol
    WoodysGirl likes this.
  12. RoyTheHammer

13,741 Messages
    663 Likes Received
    How many people that have posted in this thread don't pratice common courtesy, AB?
  13. AmberBeer

2,785 Messages
    942 Likes Received
    Sorry, but that question doesn't deserve an answer.
  14. RoyTheHammer

13,741 Messages
    663 Likes Received
    It won't get an answer.. beause we both know what the answer is. ;)
  15. AmberBeer

2,785 Messages
    942 Likes Received
    Ok, if you insist. Have you ever heard the saying "Two wrongs don't make a right?" Need I expound further?
  16. RoyTheHammer

13,741 Messages
    663 Likes Received
    Please expound. Im interested to see where this is gonna go.
  17. AmberBeer

2,785 Messages
    942 Likes Received
    You still don't get it? Ok, Just because Dalmer killed and ate people doesn't mean that you're going to go out and do the same thing. At least I hope not.
  18. Sarge

Sarge Red, White and Brew... Staff Member

20,617 Messages
    1,428 Likes Received
    This. Where is common courtesy these days? It's a simple rule and people wonder why others get upset when you break the rule(s) right in front of them?
  19. Joe Rod

Joe Rod When Keeping it Real Goes Wrong

8,319 Messages
    476 Likes Received
    I pay too much cash for movies to mess with my phone. Seems absurd to me that people even want to, but honestly, I don't care as long as their phone is silenced and they are not within a few seats of me.
  20. RoyTheHammer

13,741 Messages
    663 Likes Received
    You still can't just answer the question straight up, huh? Why am i not suprised?

Again, without dancing around the bush, who in this thread hasn't practiced common courtesy, in your opinion?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.