1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

I'll take Luck

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by WV Cowboy, Sep 24, 2013.

1. WV Cowboy

WV Cowboy Waitin' on the 6th

11,108 Messages
    1,385 Likes Received
    If it were up to me, I would take Andrew Luck over Kapernick, RGIII, Wilson, Newton, Dalton, or any of the other young QB's.

They get most of the attention, but I would rather have Luck.
  2. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,176 Messages
    2,237 Likes Received
    I suspect nearly every GM would too.
    He went 1st overall in the draft and he's done nothing to change anyone's opinion so far.
  3. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

21,652 Messages
    1,399 Likes Received
    I don't buy that the other guys get most of the attention. Luck gets plenty of attention and that started years before he was drafted. The guy definitely isn't overlooked or under appreciated. I would say Ryan Tannehill is the guy who doesn't or hasn't received that much attention, but that is changing.
  4. WV Cowboy

11,108 Messages
    1,385 Likes Received
    I didn't say he was overlooked or under appreciated.

I just am tired of seeing those other guys in commercials, or hearing all about them on sports shows, etc.

At least where I live, I see RGIII way too much, and I see Wilson and Kapernick a lot.

Luck is very humble and just goes about his business, isn't kissing his forearms after making a routine NFL play.

All I said was if the decision was up to me, .. I'd go with Luck.

I didn't expect everyone to agree, nor am I trying to change anybody's mind.
  5. joseephuss

21,652 Messages
    1,399 Likes Received
    You didn't have to change peoples minds because most already would take Luck. I've seen him in plenty of commercials and sports shows.
  6. WV Cowboy

11,108 Messages
    1,385 Likes Received
    From my perspective, since last season, most media sources have been fawning all over RGIII, Kapernick, and Wilson.

I just like Luck better. I like the pocket passer better, and he is a humble kid. That appeals to me as well.
    dstovall5 and bark like this.
  7. joseephuss

21,652 Messages
    1,399 Likes Received
    I put Wilson in that humble kid group as well.
    CowboyStar88 and Jenky like this.
  8. bark

bark Well-Known Member

2,470 Messages
    1,061 Likes Received

I'm with you wv. Luck is the pick of that litter
  9. koolaid

koolaid Drink Me

1,766 Messages
    75 Likes Received
    I think everyone would
  10. venky

venky Active Member

439 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    Everyone but Deadskins fans.
  11. IAmLegend

IAmLegend Well-Known Member

3,961 Messages
    1,196 Likes Received
    Every GM would tbh.
  12. BoysFan4ever

BoysFan4ever Well-Known Member

6,068 Messages
    1,983 Likes Received
    Staying in school really helped Andrew. I remember he was enticed to come out a year early & stayed.

Poor Colts. They go from Peyton to him.
  13. dstovall5

dstovall5 Well-Known Member

2,822 Messages
    1,820 Likes Received
    I remember when the QB guru came out and said Kaepernick could be the best QB to ever play the game, let the dude play, he hasn't even played a full season yet. I find it funny, all these young guys after one freaking year were hailed all as top 10 QBs in the league, now they're all struggling. IMO you have to wait at least 3 years to see where that QB ranks among other QBs.

Also, I would take Luck over all the other youngins, he may not be the most athletic, but he definitely is the best pocket passer. JMO.
  14. joseephuss

21,652 Messages
    1,399 Likes Received
    Luck did still have a year of eligibility left at Stanford. Staying in school did help him, but he probably would have still gone #1 overall had he left after his redshirt sophomore year.
  15. joseephuss

21,652 Messages
    1,399 Likes Received
    I think Luck is very athletic.

Russell Wilson isn't struggling so far this season. Neither is Ryan Tannehill. They both seem to be doing well at this early part of the season. It is understandable that RGIII is struggling. Any QB who has to spend time rehabbing instead of being able to put the work in required to get better will struggle. Peyton Manning struggled at the beginning of the year he couldn't participate in training camp and pre-season because of a knee issue. At the time he was already a seasoned vet, but it still takes work and reps to play at a high level. That is even more important for a young QB such as RGIII. Anyone that didn't think Griffin would struggle to start the season just doesn't know much about the NFL. The real question is whether he can get it turned around at some point during the season. I hope not.
    NIBGoldenchild likes this.
  16. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,057 Messages
    3,535 Likes Received
    I agree he is the best pure passer of the bunch.
  17. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

31,236 Messages
    7,024 Likes Received
    OT: why do you have a pic of Andy Reid for your avatar?
  18. joseephuss

21,652 Messages
    1,399 Likes Received
    For weeks I've been hoping someone would photoshop the Kool-Aid guy on the sideline with headphones. I don't have the skills to do it myself.
  19. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

31,236 Messages
    7,024 Likes Received
    It really is an unfortunate color for him. I'd wear black with red trim and a KC hat if I were him. Everybody in KC would understand.
  20. Blackspider214

Blackspider214 Well-Known Member

2,522 Messages
    888 Likes Received
    I don't think you are going out on a limb here. Seeing he was drafted 1st in the draft that included Griffin and Wilson.