1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

I'm Gonna Throw This Out There!

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by CowboyRoy, Oct 30, 2012.

1. CowboyRoy

CowboyRoy Active Member

592 Messages
    28 Likes Received
    Im really not quite sure why I am saying this, because I have been this teams biggest basher this year.

The Cowboys actually have an opportunity to go on a nice run coming up. But two things have to happen:

1. We need Murray back healthy

2. We need to beat the Falcons this week.

If we can somehow pull that off, the remaining schedule isnt bad. With the Eagles and Redskins not looking great, it could be possible to get things going in the 2nd half.

I actually think that the Cowboys offense is starting to come around, but we need to get murray back. Felix Jones is sooo bad, it hurts. I like the way the Oline has played the last two weeks. The penalties have been minimal the last two weeks. If Garrett can avoid blowing games with his coaching in the 4th quarter, there is a possibility for a run.

The Defense is playing really well. So much has been going wrong for the cowboys, one has to think things will start going their way more.
  2. GloryDaysRBack

GloryDaysRBack Well-Known Member

9,303 Messages
    700 Likes Received
    Until this team can run the ball better, it won't matter. That's not happening this year.
  3. CowboyRoy

CowboyRoy Active Member

592 Messages
    28 Likes Received
    I certainly wouldnt bet on it, but for any kind of chance, Murray needs to come back this week.
  4. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

4,237 Messages
    849 Likes Received
    We could have Troy, Emmitt, and Mike back this week and it wouldn't matter. JG can't coach offense. It's that simple.
  5. GloryDaysRBack

GloryDaysRBack Well-Known Member

9,303 Messages
    700 Likes Received
    We can't run the ball w Murray either. That doesn't matter.
  6. tunahelper

tunahelper Well-Known Member

3,907 Messages
    25 Likes Received
    Its over johnny, its over. The process has ran full circle.
  7. Mansta54

Mansta54 Well-Known Member

9,659 Messages
    167 Likes Received
    I think you make a excellent point... I can see things starting to roll, starting at Atl. They're undefeated but they don't impress me all that much especially the way our D is playing. We match up well against them.
  8. BAZ

BAZ Drunken Mick

2,493 Messages
    325 Likes Received
    I dunno man, Romo has me real worried. What ever Rivers has Romo caught. If he doesn't turn his game around this team is sunk. Tanner is in the wrong place, Dez is stupid, don't force the ball. Just eat a sack. Tony don't be a hero.
  9. Future

Future Intramural Legend

16,007 Messages
    1,397 Likes Received
    This team doesn't win 5 games if Tony doesn't try to be a hero on every play. He has to play that way, and it's going to result in turnovers.

For those saying that winning at ATL could spur a run, which it very well might, does losing mean we're done?
  10. dexternjack

dexternjack World Traveler Zone Supporter

5,858 Messages
    1,663 Likes Received
    No, but it is a big step closer. Now, if we lose to ATL then go on to lose to Philly, I think we are done. We would be 3-6 and possibly 4 games back in the division(with only 7 games remaining) and chasing as much as 6 teams in the WC.

Atlanta is a huge game, but Philly is the pivotal game that will shape the path taken.
  11. BAZ

BAZ Drunken Mick

2,493 Messages
    325 Likes Received
    Every play? Stop it.
  12. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Stackin and Processin, Well

8,592 Messages
    476 Likes Received
    Just give it up bro, it's over.
  13. sonnyboy

sonnyboy Benched

7,355 Messages
    0 Likes Received

And you're here why???? To look for any sign of hope from the fans to piss on?
  14. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Stackin and Processin, Well

8,592 Messages
    476 Likes Received
    Just being practical. 3-4 record, one of the toughest schedules in football, Lee down, offensive line in shambles. Team has displayed no capability of playing a complete football game. People say 'we could be 5-2!' Well, if the replacement officials get a call right in the Tampa game and Dallas doesn't steal one in Carolina we're 1-6.

I've been on here when we were 1-7 before, so I understand. It's not about being cynical or a realist, it's about looking at something repeatedly and expecting different results.
  15. AdamJT13

AdamJT13 Salary Cap Analyst

14,940 Messages
    323 Likes Received
    In the NFL, winning has almost nothing to do with how well you run the ball.

What we really need to do is to pass the ball more effectively than our opponents -- which for us basically means not throwing nearly as many interceptions and maybe getting a few ourselves.
  16. ghst187

ghst187 Well-Known Member

5,470 Messages
    111 Likes Received
    i wouldn't say that is true.

anyone else think we need to draft (or sign) another solid RB next year?
  17. rickjameschinaclub

rickjameschinaclub Benched

1,222 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    This right hear...

It's the same old story since JG has been here... If we get this guy or that guy back.. If we let go of this cancer or that cancer... If we could just get JG the most amazing OL ever, then we would be unstoppable.... Oh yeah, now we got Roy Williams... We sure going to take off... This year it was Phil Costa needs to come back, when Costa was the punching bag of last season... We had Murray in the beginning of the season and dude was getting stuffed...
  18. sonnyboy

sonnyboy Benched

7,355 Messages
    0 Likes Received

You're right on the money.

I'm as exasperated as anyone here. Not just with our last two heart breakers, but with how Garrett has handled the team in game and our skill players lack of cohesiveness.....also on Garrett.

But contrary to how it may feel, these problems are fixable in season. As in right now.

On to the good:

Our defense may be the best it's been in the Romo era. Yes even without Lee.

The OL is actually playing as well this past month as we all hoped it could.

I'm not giving up on the team. A loss is Atlanta will be as devasting to our playoff chances as the Giants loss was, but it won't kill us. A loss the Philly after that would.

I think we win this week and if we do, it might be a while til we lose again.
  19. jday

jday Well-Known Member

2,765 Messages
    647 Likes Received
    Agreed. But staying healthy is a bigger need.

Very tall order. In fact, I'd venture to say out of every team the Cowboys play this year, the Falcons could be the hardest for them to keep in check. We have decent corners, but I don't think any of them can actually run with Julio.

It doesn't matter how the Eagles and Redskins look against other teams; they always look great against the Cowboys.

How long have you been a Cowboys fan? Things have been going mostly wrong since 1996. At that rate, we are due a fantastic decade.
  20. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

10,752 Messages
    849 Likes Received
    A nice run for this team would be 2 consecutive wins and I'm not sure they're even capable of that this season.