1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

I'm not sure I've liked Lee's play in the 43 so far

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Aven8, Sep 16, 2013.

1. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

49,280 Messages
    3,596 Likes Received
    Serously?
  2. dmq

dmq If I'm so pretty, why am I available?

6,820 Messages
    192 Likes Received
    I'm much more worried about Ware and his shoulder. I knew his chances at remaining healthy were between slim and none.
  3. The Natural

The Natural Well-Known Member

4,497 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    Funny thing is this team could've stuck with the 3-4 if they actually invested in the DL instead of wasting mid-round picks on the likes of Matt Johnson, Kyle Wilber, etc. Not to mention the entire 2009 draft class. What an abomination. Well ya'll wanted the 4-3 defense anyway so here you have it.
  4. Smith22

Smith22 Well-Known Member

5,746 Messages
    197 Likes Received
    I haven't heard much talk about it either. I noticed Ware ran off the field right after hitting Smith.
  5. links18

links18 Well-Known Member

9,173 Messages
    1,090 Likes Received
    Lee, Murray, Claiborne. All busts.
  6. Frozen700

Frozen700 Well-Known Member

12,017 Messages
    657 Likes Received
    After 2 games, it's time to feed him to the wolves.

Talk about mass hysteria after a loss
  7. brucekr

brucekr Member

347 Messages
    23 Likes Received
    I think they all just bit hard on play action and weren't deep enough in their coverage at times. But I wasn't disappointed in their overall performance. The last drive was tough to swallow when you knew they were going to run the ball and couldn't stop them, but I think that's a lack of depth on our line at the moment. Down the stretch, this could be a lethal defense as we get healthy.
  8. Pessimist_cowboy

Pessimist_cowboy Well-Known Member

1,725 Messages
    436 Likes Received
    I think this defense has been great so far this season .
  9. GimmeTheBall!

GimmeTheBall! Junior College Transfer

12,803 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    And a good observation it is.

But with the secondary playing barely-adequate defense, don't expect Lee to get closer to the line. The good news is Lee has good hands. He might be the third safety (albeit fairly stationary) in some ways.
    Absent a collapse of the D line, Lee will keep playing his hybrid linebacker/safety position.
    Cause we need him to.
  10. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

34,491 Messages
    1,480 Likes Received
    Durant overran Charles on the short yardage play that allowed the big gain that basically sealed the win for KC.

You guys better get used to this because the more Tampa 2 we play, the more you will see Lee in coverage.
  11. perrykemp

perrykemp Well-Known Member

5,405 Messages
    1,320 Likes Received
    It will come for Sean Lee. It just takes time.

Anybody who thought he would be Brian Urlacher right out of the gate didn't consider that Urlacher was tailor made to a MLB in a Kiffin 4-3 -- he was a college safety in New Mexico.
  12. iceman117

iceman117 Active Member

718 Messages
    129 Likes Received
    Have you watched the first two games, the Dline is playing the strongest out of all 3 units, it's the only unit I've been happy with as a fan.... Hatcher,Ware and Selvie are playing really good
  13. renny

renny Member

149 Messages
    10 Likes Received
    Maybe Lee should play OLB and Carter should play in the middle
  14. Teague31

Teague31 Defender of the Star

6,266 Messages
    468 Likes Received
    Of all the problems this team has, Sean Lee isn't one of them
    Staubacher likes this.
  15. Staubacher

Staubacher Well-Known Member

1,624 Messages
    1,102 Likes Received
    Yup two weeks in and he has played solid though not spectacular and he gets thrown under the bus too.

One 1 point loss man
  16. dallasdave

dallasdave Well-Known Member

2,658 Messages
    327 Likes Received
    Lee has been totally awesome.
  17. Szczepanik

Szczepanik Well-Known Member

826 Messages
    406 Likes Received
    Are you kidding me?

The defense has played great so far.
    The first game against Eli yes 6 TO. One of their scores was Allen sitting flat footed, and the rest of their scores were against some sort of prevent style defense when we had the lead.

Against KC Charles did nothing against us. Smith didn't play great. Bowe didn't torch us. They had "Meh" average, and the defense held on a few occasions that were shortened fields. McCluster was not a factor as well. I fail to see how the defense has been sub par, as well as Lee being subpar...

2 games into the season with this new defense and Lee has been making plays. He has been doing very well in my opinion. Sealed the Giants game for us, got the onside for us as well. Against the Chiefs he took very good angles in run support. No one is perfect, look at Patrick Willis and how Marshawn Lynch abused that defense. Calm down, sit in your chair and watch the defense play better.

/thread.
    Afigueroa22 likes this.
  18. dallasdave

dallasdave Well-Known Member

2,658 Messages
    327 Likes Received
    Totally awesome:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
  19. Afigueroa22

Afigueroa22 Well-Known Member

1,014 Messages
    122 Likes Received
    In what way has Will Allen out played Mo?
  20. kevm3

kevm3 Well-Known Member

774 Messages
    403 Likes Received
    Is the defense supposed to hold every team we play to under 9 points or something? I fail to see how the defense is to blame, including Sean Lee. He hasn't looked as impressive in this new scheme, but then again, it's a new scheme and will take time for him to adjust.