I'm sorry, before the draft, I didn't want Zeke Elliott. I wanted Carson Wentz

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by RXP, Jan 10, 2017.

1. Toruk_Makto

Toruk_Makto Well-Known Member

10,130 Messages
    10,993 Likes Received
    Please read the thread.

And welcome to the Zone.

2. SultanOfSix

SultanOfSix Star Power

10,077 Messages
    2,896 Likes Received
    I can candidly say that I knew - without even a sliver of doubt - that I didn't know who the hell to pick.

jwitten82 and RXP like this.
  3. Manwiththeplan

Manwiththeplan Well-Known Member

10,031 Messages
    3,345 Likes Received
    no you're not. if someone took Dak before us, we would have been sitting at 0-7 or so waiting for Romo to come back even with Zeke.

4. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

39,169 Messages
    47,459 Likes Received
    I'll take Wentz over the inferior talent Dak Prescott.

Mostly because I understand the game.

We all know how this ends up. I'm right. You forget about it.

5. Philmonroe

Philmonroe Well-Known Member

774 Messages
    330 Likes Received
    Don't worry it is beaucoup threads on how Dak was trash on here so you weren't alone. Personally I was happy with Wentz, Zeke, and to a lesser extent Ramsey if they were going to play him at safety like I heard some saying before the draft.

pjtoadie likes this.
  6. jday

jday Well-Known Member

5,918 Messages
    4,982 Likes Received
  7. phildadon86

phildadon86 Well-Known Member

4,780 Messages
    4,890 Likes Received
    We all know your opinion brother lol. I think if we pull off the superbowl this year you should start on the eating crow part. Anthony Brown was picked in round 6 and was second only to Ramsey this season according to the worst measuring stick ever in PFF. But still. You can see where I am headed with this.

8. muck4doo

muck4doo Least-Known Member

3,728 Messages
    1,910 Likes Received
    [​IMG]

Proximo likes this.
  9. Toruk_Makto

Toruk_Makto Well-Known Member

10,130 Messages
    10,993 Likes Received
    Getting an absolute steal in Brown has nothing to do with your 4th overall pick. When you made the Zeke pick you didn't know you were getting Brown. And you didn't know he'd be good. And Brown doesn't guard the opposing team's number 1. And we have two starting corners who are free agents and when we started the year we had no idea if we could even keep those two players (or if we even wanted to).

10. GhostOfPelleur

GhostOfPelleur Well-Known Member

1,309 Messages
    1,725 Likes Received
    I wanted Ramsey. Still think he's the next Revis.

Never wanted Cook. Never draft a QB who can't complete 60% in college. They don't magically become more accurate in the NFL.

Never saw Dak coming.

Happy the way everything turned out. That's why I'm on a message board and not in a front office.

Rockdoc likes this.
  11. dallasfan4lizife

dallasfan4lizife Well-Known Member

3,837 Messages
    1,736 Likes Received
    Yep this is exactly what I was talking about. Horrible.

rocyaice likes this.
  12. alicetooljam

alicetooljam Well-Known Member

1,167 Messages
    624 Likes Received
    Obviously Im not looking back now. When free agency began I thought we should shore up RB (Miller) and we would have our pick of QBs (preferred Wentz), (wouldve be fine with)Ramsey, or (didnt want)Bosa in the draft. By the time the draft rolled around I thought Zeke was the obvious choice for our offense as well what he could do for the defense ala Murray '14

The only reason for bringing up Lamar was while I always wanted to address the running game, I cant say I was on the Zeke train in Jan/Feb last year and most would be lying if they said they were...

Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
    Macnalty likes this.
  13. Seven

Seven Messenger to the football Gods

14,655 Messages
    4,171 Likes Received
    Please comphrend football.

Welcome.to the game of said sport.

14. rat2k8

rat2k8 Well-Known Member

4,553 Messages
    3,939 Likes Received
    That's okay you can party with Risen.

dallasfan4lizife and RXP like this.
  15. rat2k8

rat2k8 Well-Known Member

4,553 Messages
    3,939 Likes Received
    I wanted AP.

16. PA Cowboy Fan

PA Cowboy Fan Well-Known Member

7,364 Messages
    9,110 Likes Received
    Other than QB I wanted Zeke at #4 and was happy we drafted him. Didn't think much of Dak at the time. Glad I was wrong.

Macnalty and haleyrules like this.
  17. dallasfan4lizife

dallasfan4lizife Well-Known Member

3,837 Messages
    1,736 Likes Received
    The surperior talent can't read defenses, has a horrible throwing motion, wasn't even good enough to play at a D-1 school, is built like a 6'-5" scarecrow, and has red hair. Enough said.

18. Cogan

Cogan Well-Known Member

1,911 Messages
    400 Likes Received
    OKAY!! I'm a Buckeyes fan, & I wanted Jalen Ramsey. There, I said it! It's finally off of my chest. I went for need over quality. I'll never let it happen again :banghead:

Macnalty, RXP and Clove like this.
  19. Clove

Clove Shrinkage

47,276 Messages
    8,265 Likes Received
    Before Philly moved and the Rams moved up, I really wanted Wentz also. However, after those teams moved up, my mind shifted to Zeke. I never envisioned Dak Prescott coming here, and in my wildest dreams did I imagine he could do what he's done. I'm simply shocked, but convinced.

20. VACowboy

VACowboy Well-Known Member

5,632 Messages
    1,774 Likes Received
    I can't argue any of that. I just know what Zeke looks like with the ball in his hands this year, and no back I've seen in a Dallas uniform has looked like that since about 1997. The drop-off is obvious to me when McFadden or anyone else is on the field. We'll never know what Murray or DMC would have done with Zeke's touches, but I'm betting we would not be 13-3 with the #1 seed in the NFC. I think it's easy to look at stats and say that guy that year almost did the same thing this guy did this year and the outcome this year would have been the same with that guy, but easy doesn't equal accurate. Zeke scored three more TDs on 95 fewer touches this regular season than Murray did in 2014. You want to extrapolate numbers? If Zeke's behind Romo in 2014 he's rushing for 1999 yards and scoring 20 TDs. How many games does 7 more TDs win? If Murray's behind Prescott in 2016 he's running for 1513 yards and scoring 10 TDs. How many games does 6 fewer TDs lose? It's impossible to say of course, but I think it's at least one and very probably more. In 2014 one game is the difference between the three seed and the one seed and playing 7-8-1 Carolina in Dallas and the Packers in Green Bay.