1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

I'm wondering if this whole Demarco thing is a big smokescreen?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by cowboys2233, Nov 16, 2012.

1. cowboys2233

cowboys2233 Well-Known Member

3,780 Messages
    318 Likes Received
    In the back of my mind, I'm wondering if this whole Demarco thing is a big smokescreen and he is ready to go after all. I just think back to Witten's injury -- I was totally convinced he was going to sit out at least one more week and was completely shocked when I turned on the TV and saw him out there. The team gave no indication at all that he was ready. None.

For all the faults of this organization, they sure do seem to be able to keep their mouths shut when they want to.

That's it, just wondering. I really don't care one way or the other, because Felix has been looking pretty good recently and I'm sure we can handle the Browns and Redskins at home without him if necessary.
  2. Hook'em#11

Hook'em#11 Well-Known Member

2,595 Messages
    176 Likes Received
    Gonna need Murray for Washington. And, the Browns too, but, I would rather he be in the game against Washington.

This team is so inconsistent that it needs it's best players on the field every game, when they can.
  3. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

20,164 Messages
    806 Likes Received
    I actually think him playing vs Washington is questionable.
    I'd be really shocked if we rush him out there this week. There's a tough stretch of games coming up soon after Thanksgiving that will be hard to win without him.
  4. RXP

RXP Well-Known Member

2,466 Messages
    714 Likes Received
    I would count on Murray playing against Philly.
  5. cowboys2233

3,780 Messages
    318 Likes Received
    But if he's actually fully healthy, we wouldn't be rushing him into anything. I'm probably totally grasping at straws, I have nothing to base that feeling on, other than the Witten thing I mentioned. It just seems like it's been a really long time and this team does seem capable of keeping things really close to the vest.

Guess we'll find out soon enough!
  6. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    I think the league would be all over this if it happened. They are watching injury reports very carefully. Once they may let it slide but twice will get their attention.
  7. cowboys2233

3,780 Messages
    318 Likes Received
    Belichick does this on a weekly basis, doesn't he? How does he get away with it? What is Murray's official status, is it questionable or doubtful?
  8. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Stackin and Processin, Well

8,494 Messages
    284 Likes Received
    You could fire up the DeLorean and go pick up Barry or Emmitt and it wouldn't matter behind this group of scrubs.
  9. Yeagermeister

47,576 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    Barry?
  10. RXP

RXP Well-Known Member

2,466 Messages
    714 Likes Received
    Sanders
  11. rocboy22

rocboy22 Active Member

1,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    It's doubtful, and I don't see why the league would care if he played.
  12. Yeagermeister

47,576 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    Gotcha, I was trying to remember a Barry from that era and the only one I could come up with was Switzer. :laugh1:
  13. Apollo Creed

8,494 Messages
    284 Likes Received
    Murray was an absolute steal in the 3rd round. They say he's one of the hardest working, humblest, most team first guys on the team. Can't wait to see him run behind a line that Jerry actually invests some premium resources in.

Oh and kudos to our scouting department for getting 1st round quality guys like Lee, Carter, and Murray for steals.

As much flack as we give the front office, gotta give em props on that move.
  14. RXP

RXP Well-Known Member

2,466 Messages
    714 Likes Received
    He was good too. A little slow hitting the hole though. I think he was packing. :laugh1:
  15. RXP

RXP Well-Known Member

2,466 Messages
    714 Likes Received
    Are you giving kudos to Jerry Jones?
  16. Apollo Creed

8,494 Messages
    284 Likes Received
    If he's gonna get all the blame might as well give him some credit too.

For years this team was relying heavily on the Parcells guys - Romo, Ware, Witten, Ratliff, Austin, etc.

Now they're steadily adding young talent like Smith, Lee, Carter, Claiborne, etc.

You don't have to hit a home run every draft but it's imperative that you don't strike out.
  17. RXP

RXP Well-Known Member

2,466 Messages
    714 Likes Received
    I don't disagree with you. I just wanted to make sure. Seeing somebody give credit to Jerry is kind of like seeing Haley's Comet. You need to do a double take to make sure your eyes are functioning properly. :laugh2:
  18. Denim Chicken

Denim Chicken Well-Known Member

2,189 Messages
    582 Likes Received
    Minus Jerruh
  19. cowboys2233

3,780 Messages
    318 Likes Received
    Good point. They must have locked the liquor cabinet when they were trying to keep Witten's status under wraps. :laugh2:
  20. cowboys2233

3,780 Messages
    318 Likes Received

No doubt the team has hit on some better picks recently. But remember, this is the same guy who gave up so much for Joey Galloway once upon a time...and then did it again with Roy Williams. I have no ties to the team, no experience in the talent evaluation game, and even I knew that had disaster written all over it. I mean, how much credit are we willing to give a guy who makes such an absurdly stupid move?