1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Featured Impressions from Silver and Blue

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by BlindFaith, Aug 22, 2013.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,227 Messages
    7,051 Likes Received
    No, he wasn't out there.. Just saying they gotta guy, albeit injured. ;)

I don't know much about Bell, other than the Cowboys like him enough to spend two weeks on the roster just getting in shape. So we'll see.

That said, being nasty doesn't always equate to skill either. Colombo was a guy who played nasty, but when his knees went bad, then he was just a nasty attitude guy playing on stilts.
  2. BlindFaith

BlindFaith Well-Known Member

1,099 Messages
    252 Likes Received
    Running the ball is a guaranteed way to run time off the clock. If you drop a pass or throw an incompletion it stops the clock.
    Big D likes this.
  3. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

13,741 Messages
    5,902 Likes Received
    This is based on the simple concept of "correlation" by non-professionals attempting to be statistical analysts.

Example: Simple correlation could be used to show that a high run/pass ratio in the 4th quarter results in blow-out wins. In reality, we know that teams that are way up on the scoreboard have a high run/pass ration in the 4th quarter.

Simple, single variable correlation can't prove cause vs effect. In the above example, the blow-out win caused the high run/pass ratio. The high run/pass ration didn't cause the blow-out win.
    jobberone likes this.
  4. BlindFaith

1,099 Messages
    252 Likes Received
    Ok, so I want another Larry Allen. Or Eric Williams. Guys who can play and put fear in the other team. But every team is looking for those kind of players.

I'd just like to see some edginess to our team. We have a bunch of nice guys that are solid players. We need a little Haley, or Spellman. Some dudes who will get in your face. But can back it up on the field. I think Jimmy had a good feel for how much crazy he could get away with on the field and in the locker room. I feel Garrett errors on the side of caution when it comes to letting crazy into the mix.
  5. ScipioCowboy

ScipioCowboy More than meets the eye. Zone Supporter

15,271 Messages
    2,466 Likes Received
    While it's true correlation does not imply causality, it's also true correlation is necessary to prove causality. The importance of passing effectively versus running effectively has been observed enough times that we can, at the very least, say there's some validity to it.
  6. blindzebra

blindzebra Well-Known Member

9,538 Messages
    812 Likes Received
    Frederick broke teammates arms in practice at Wisconsin because he plays to the whistle every play...he has a mean streak.
  7. BlindFaith

1,099 Messages
    252 Likes Received
    He may very well turn into that type of guy. But he is a rookie. He's got a lot going on right now. It may be a bit before he unleashes the crazy.