1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

In order to beat the Giants and Eagles...Interesting !!!

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by garyv, Jan 17, 2012.

1. garyv

garyv Active Member

1,407 Messages
    19 Likes Received
    In order to beat the Giants and Eagles, the Cowboys need to invest early picks on the players battling in the trenches. According to the teams that have the greatest success against the Cowboys' NFC division rivals, bolstering the interior of the offensive line is a solid investment. This strategy should be especially effective in a draft featuring two offensive linemen (DeCastro and Konz) that are rated among the best prospects entering the NFL.

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2012...t-the-giants-and-eagles-and-drafting-to-do-so

:star:
  2. ferrispata

ferrispata Active Member Zone Supporter

285 Messages
    28 Likes Received
    I hope we draft a lineman with one of the first two picks and then another a little later on. And all of the rest of the draft should be DBs, LBs (best available). My personal opinion.
    And maybe we pick up an OL and DL in free agency.
    Can't wait until the draft gets here. Playoffs are painful, especially with the Giants doing well.
  3. DBOY3141

DBOY3141 Well-Known Member

3,168 Messages
    441 Likes Received
    Sign Nicks and use the 1st round on CB or DL. Use the 2nd or 3rd on best center.
  4. visionary

visionary Benched

7,264 Messages
    1,909 Likes Received
    sign nicks/grubbs
    use Rd 1 on DeCastro
    Rd 2 on Poe
  5. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

2,939 Messages
    545 Likes Received
    Unfortunately I only see us drafting/signing 1 starting guard this year. 1 of Arkin/Nagy/Kowalski will be starting to cut costs and hopefully develop a starter for the future.
  6. visionary

visionary Benched

7,264 Messages
    1,909 Likes Received
    in your draft, i dont know much about your 6/7 picks but love the first 5
  7. StylisticS

StylisticS Well-Known Member

8,077 Messages
    149 Likes Received
    We also need speed in addition to fixing the trenches. Philly and NY made that secondary look like fools chasing them or even keep up with them for the slightest.