1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

In regards to Hillary planting questions...

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by trickblue, Nov 15, 2007.

1. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,898 Messages
    345 Likes Received
    OK... look... no one here will mistake me for being a Hillary fan, but I want to relay some personal knowledge I have...

From 1986-1995 I worked for a company called AVW, which is now AVW-Tel-AV...

We did audio/visual for conventions and trade shows. It is big business and we were the biggest/best at it...

I've worked with several presidents, several vp's, senators and reps...

I've worked with Hillary on two occasions directly. Once with an account of ours known as ADA and another for another medical association. We set up video conferencing (which was a big deal at the time).

ADA (American Dental Association) was particularly interested in her health plan as they wanted to be included. They were told she would take questions from the floor. When everything was set up and ready to go, one of her minions handed me a list of questions to ask. I told him that he didn't need to give to me but rather to President Rainwater who was president of the ADA. I told him I thought they were random questions from the floor. He asked me if I was doing the video. I said "Yes". He said if you want any video at all, you'll ask these questions...

Dr. Rainwater was none too pleased, but he had no choice as they pulled it on us at the last possible minute.

Now, that being said, the next time I dealt with her another guy was stage manager. He had the same experience. We had to agree to ask the questions she wanted to answer or they would shut us out.

Now she goes into a debate and gets asked real questions and complains. The next moderator is warned about ganging up on her. PLEASE...

Being president is no walk in the park. I don't particularly like Bush 43, but he will try to answer SOME questions. Sometimes he shouldn't I think...

This isn't new news. She's uncomfortable talking off of the cuff and wants to know public opinion before she makes a stand...
  2. silverbear

silverbear Semi-Official Loose Cannon

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Hey, it this latest incident has played a role in her sagging popularity numbers, I'm one happy, happy Bear... her as the Democratic nominee is my worst nightmare...
  3. Doomsday

Doomsday Rising Star

10,372 Messages
    228 Likes Received
    This is one of my biggest issues with her. I dont trust someone that needs 5 days to take a poll before deciding how to answer a question. How can you lead if you dont know what direction you are heading?
  4. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

61,049 Messages
    4,399 Likes Received
    Just another reason I don't trust her.
  5. silverbear

silverbear Semi-Official Loose Cannon

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I swear, if you asked that woman "how are you feeling today", she'd have to convene a focus group to answer the question... which leads to the inescapable conclusion that she wants to give you the answer you want to hear...
  6. ConcordCowboy

ConcordCowboy Mr. Buckeye

12,747 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Stupid move on her and her campaigns part.

Anyone should be able to answer any question at any time that is asked of them.

God politics sucks.
  7. trickblue

28,898 Messages
    345 Likes Received
    Amen brother, Amen...
  8. iceberg

iceberg detoxed Zone Supporter

28,264 Messages
    1,291 Likes Received
    my brother is a die-hard democrat and i asked him what he thought of hillary and he said "my god what has happened to my party...?"

he doesn't trust her for anything and trick - this scares me because she's trying to make it sound like a 1 time event when it's a very common occurance.

something tells me this is gonna blow up as other people with your experience are going to start speaking up just because she's lying about it.

big bad bush is an evil liar, right? we'll do better next time, right???
  9. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Lost in the Woods

4,500 Messages
    155 Likes Received
    Another way that a Hillary Clinton administration wouldn't be much of a departure from the current one.
  10. AtlCB

AtlCB Active Member

3,684 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Just curious - who do you want to win the Democratic Primary. Is Obama an acceptable candidate?

IMO, Edwards gives the Dems the best chance to win, and Obama would actually be the best president.
  11. AtlCB

AtlCB Active Member

3,684 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    A very sad fact.
  12. trickblue

28,898 Messages
    345 Likes Received
    Now I'm really depressed... :(
  13. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

33,012 Messages
    728 Likes Received
    Its sad that the only thing that can bring this board together ..... is a bunch of horrible presidential candidates from both sides.

Can I vote for The Rock?

[IMG]
  14. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

19,690 Messages
    1,396 Likes Received
    Trick,
    That is hardly unique to Hillary or even presidential candidates.
    Almost any celebrity or athlete with a handler has the interview questions limited or directed.

The actual Presidential White House press conferences require submitted questions.

Essentially it is VERY RARE for any of these candidates to truly take off the cuff questions.
  15. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

19,690 Messages
    1,396 Likes Received
    hillary's only job right now is to get elected.

once she does that we'll see how she addresses actual issues but i am very certain it won't be based off of polls.

politicians have no choice but to respond to polls in he political process as those polls grant them a job.

if an office poll determined whether or not you got a raise or got to keep your job then we'd all be more concerned with office politics. thankfully most of us can simply make sure our bosses know we will kill them for firing us, lol!
  16. iceberg

28,264 Messages
    1,291 Likes Received
    you're coming off like you're just making excuses for hillary cause you happen to like her.

if a "lie" is wrong and if you've ever attacked bush for being a liar, you simply can't brush aside her blatant lies as "whatever she has to do".

in my experience i've learned one very painful lesson - people do what they do. period. sooner or later they will do it to you.

you're either ok with it or you're not

if she pays attention to polls now, she'll do it later and be as ineffective as the "common man" is because we change our minds quite freqently as the climate changes.

see the war for an example.

if she's lying now, she'll lie later. period. if she's poll driven now, this is her behavior and she's found a way to jusitfy it in her mind. she'll continue to do so.

it's the nature of people in general.
  17. iceberg

28,264 Messages
    1,291 Likes Received
    fyi - i've interviewed a lot of people. mostly in the music industry. as a courtesy i'd send them what i was going to ask ahead of time and if they had something they wanted to cover, i'd listen to that also. but i've never had anyone hand me a list of questions they demanded i use solely.
  18. trickblue

28,898 Messages
    345 Likes Received
    I did pressers for a living for many years. I've seen Ronald Reagan, Tip O'Neill, George HW Bush, James Carville, Jimmy Carter, Phil Gramm, Pat Buchanon, Bill Clinton, Alan Simpson and others ALL take spontaneous questions from the floor.

The only ones that wouldn't that I remember were Hillary Clinton (twice) and Trent Lott...

You can believe what you read, or you can believe someone who has seen it personally. "Everybody does it" is just simply not true...
  19. iceberg

28,264 Messages
    1,291 Likes Received
    everybody does it is far too convenient. esp. when you only apply it to "your" side.

trick - you've always been very patient and upstanding in your views and how you state your opinions. this coming from you does in fact carry a lot of weight with me. how the overall issue plays out is anyones guess at this point, but i'd be surprised if her opponants to don't find people like you who've worked with her and nail her to the wall for this.
  20. ConcordCowboy

ConcordCowboy Mr. Buckeye

12,747 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Hillary needs Carte Blanche to get elected...then she will do he things that need to be done.:D