1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

In related news.. Dez didn't walk off the field with a minute to go

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by khiladi, Nov 18, 2013.

1. khiladi

khiladi Well-Known Member

12,322 Messages
    2,214 Likes Received
    Dez didn't walk off the field with a minute to go...
    CowboysYanksLakers and visionary like this.
  2. DejectedFan1996

DejectedFan1996 Active Member

757 Messages
    244 Likes Received
    No one cares because it was the Texans and everyone is making all the excuses in the world for Dre as to why it was ok.

Can't imagine if this was Dez...
    khiladi likes this.
  3. cowboys1981

cowboys1981 Well-Known Member

2,993 Messages
    1,738 Likes Received
    If its Dez, we'd have 15 threads about it and an additional 10 threads on trading him.
    khiladi likes this.
  4. bark

bark Well-Known Member

2,738 Messages
    1,272 Likes Received
    Saw that ... Calvin and Schuab had words and he just went to the dressing room. Can only imagine the storm if romo and dez did that
    lostar2009 and khiladi like this.
  5. dexternjack

dexternjack World Traveler Zone Supporter

6,600 Messages
    2,159 Likes Received
    Houston is in a worse mess than us. Kubiak lost what support he had left by putting Schaub in.
    Common Sense likes this.
  6. StarBoyz83

StarBoyz83 Well-Known Member

3,446 Messages
    486 Likes Received
    Game was over why not leave?
  7. mldardy

mldardy Well-Known Member

7,692 Messages
    1,276 Likes Received
    Lead story of SportsCenter, top of the page on ESPN.com, yahoo, tmz, ********.
    Common Sense likes this.
  8. DejectedFan1996

757 Messages
    244 Likes Received
    I call ducktales. Sportscenter just aired top of the hour and I did not see it being the lead story. Also woke up to NFL AM this morning and it was not the lead story. Was talked about several hours later

It may be reported, but when Dez's alleged tirade happened, it was the top of every single sports show and talked about for the entire week. Females that I'm acquainted with that don't watch football knew about it. You think the same will happen for Dre?
    BigStar likes this.
  9. Cowboy_Shawn

Cowboy_Shawn Active Member

590 Messages
    97 Likes Received
    I listen to sports radio pretty much all day and there was barely any mention of this. In my opinion, this was much worse than the Dez incident.

He quits on his team and the national media ignores it.

Talking to some Texan fans at work they were trying to say it was no big deal because there was only a minute left. That's still BS, IMO.

What if the Raiders fumbled a snap while trying to burn the clock and the Texans got the ball back at the 5 yard line with 30 seconds to play and Andre Johnson is nowhere to be found? It sounds far-fetched but there have been quite a few crazy finishes in college and pro football over the years.
    visionary likes this.
  10. Fritsch_the_cat

Fritsch_the_cat Well-Known Member

971 Messages
    561 Likes Received
    I believe that is what mldardy was trying to say. And I agree.
  11. DejectedFan1996

757 Messages
    244 Likes Received
    My apologies mldardy. I jumped to conclusions and didn't realize what he was trying to say.
  12. Cowboy_Shawn

Cowboy_Shawn Active Member

590 Messages
    97 Likes Received
    Fritsch is that a John Tyler Helmet in your sig block?
  13. mldardy

7,692 Messages
    1,276 Likes Received
    That's what I meant. I was answering if Dez had don that it would be at the top of SportsCenter, espn.com, ********, etc.
  14. mldardy

7,692 Messages
    1,276 Likes Received
    No problem.
  15. Fritsch_the_cat

Fritsch_the_cat Well-Known Member

971 Messages
    561 Likes Received
    Why yes it is. Thanks for noticing. At least it's the one they were using before they switched recently. My high school. They are probably why I love football. I grew up just across the road from the stadium and I was there every time they turned the lights on. Saw a lot of great players over the years, Earl Campbell, Andrew Melontree, Zack Guthrie, just to name a few. Guys on opposing teams too, like Tim Brown. I was there when Earl carried the entire Plano defense about 20 yards into the endzone.

Always wanted to play for them, but knew better guys that couldn't, so I knew a scrub like me would never make that team.
  16. dstovall5

dstovall5 Well-Known Member

2,851 Messages
    1,837 Likes Received
    He might as well have at the end of the Lions game. If I recall, after his tirade after they scored the go ahead TD, Dez wasn't even in the huddle on the last play of the game. Both are WRONG, and inexcusable.

As for the media coverage, one is known to have past problems, while the other is known around the league as a classy guy. And it didn't help that Dez plays for the most popular team in the NFL.
  17. mldardy

7,692 Messages
    1,276 Likes Received
    Thanks for falling right into what we were all joking about. :rolleyes: And please stop with one being a class guy and the other not a classy guy. Besides what's been reported you don't know anything about either guy to make that kind of judgment.
  18. DuceizBak

DuceizBak Active Member

424 Messages
    99 Likes Received
    Andre is professional and as seen by most people at large...a "good guy"
    So of course they're going to let things slide.
    Not to mention he's been with the franchise for about a decade and stuck with them through thick and thin..
    I think he gets a pass for getting pissed
  19. Nation

Nation Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

2,540 Messages
    1,033 Likes Received
    Johnson is an 11 year veteran and the only thing in the "Personal" section of his wikipedia bio are the details of the Andre Johnson Foundation. I think he's earned his free pass.
  20. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,142 Messages
    482 Likes Received
    If that were Dez Bryant, Marshall Faulk wouldn't have defended him like he did Andre Johnson... I don't like Faulk at all!