1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

In Sum: Why Jerry Jones is a Psycho

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by dstone2962, Jan 11, 2013.

1. Dodger12

Dodger12 Well-Known Member

2,304 Messages
    873 Likes Received
    This is a new one. Do you know where I can find that tidbit?
  2. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

119,127 Messages
    3,207 Likes Received
    Tom Jackson is an ESPN Media guy.

Show me an Ozzie Newsome who thinks we are a joke. Tell me why we have a man on the competition committee and another leading NFL Network if the other owners, GMs, Coaches, etc. feel they are jokes.

The joke is that fans follow media hype like sheep.
  3. fanfromvirginia

fanfromvirginia Inconceivable!

4,014 Messages
    164 Likes Received
    Jerry is at best a mediocre GM.
  4. Irving Cowboy

Irving Cowboy The Chief

1,622 Messages
    84 Likes Received
    You.
    Tell me what/who Jerry deserves the credit for? According to another prominent poster here who has insider info as to how the organization is run, he does nothing... GM is just a title. He just parrots what his scouts and coaches want. Always has done business that way. Tell him how it really is.
  5. Irving Cowboy

Irving Cowboy The Chief

1,622 Messages
    84 Likes Received
    Do you think in today's day and age that anyone in a front office is going to actually come out and say that the Cowboys are a joke? Come on, seriously. The NFL gets that much closer to WWE status the second one executive comes out and says something like that, even though they know it for a fact. Remember the backlash Joe Gibbs got when he called Cowboys fans "ugly" a few years ago? In today's PC world no one in anyone's front office is going to say it. Doesn't mean that they don't feel that way.

Bradie James all but called the Cowboys a joke earlier this year. He was spot-on.

For you to call those who listen to what the media says "sheep" when all you do is come here and tell everyone that you know better is a joke.
  6. TwoDeep3

TwoDeep3 Well-Known Member

6,470 Messages
    2,327 Likes Received
    Please point out the Super Bowl trophies this team has racked up since Jerry has been unfettered in his buffoonery since quality talent evaluation left the building in 1993.

I await your astute reply.
  7. TwoDeep3

6,470 Messages
    2,327 Likes Received
    Wasn't it you that posted the local channel 11 football report on training camp as crack evidence that Jerry Jones is merely a guy that hangs out with the decision makers?

I'm sorry, that question was just baaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhd.
  8. TwoDeep3

6,470 Messages
    2,327 Likes Received
    Post the video, the link, or pull up Jimmy on a video conference or it didn't happen.

Oh wait, we don't need to do that.

It didn't happen that way.
  9. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

20,606 Messages
    1,191 Likes Received
    Stop being so literal.
  10. DOUBLE WING

DOUBLE WING Well-Known Member

3,284 Messages
    911 Likes Received
    Matt Millen was on the competition committee too.

Just saying.
  11. Irving Cowboy

Irving Cowboy The Chief

1,622 Messages
    84 Likes Received
    Well that just means he was not a joke at the time, apparently.
  12. DOUBLE WING

3,284 Messages
    911 Likes Received
    He was named to the Competition Committee near the end of his tenure in Detroit, so no, he was definitely viewed as a joke at the time.
  13. Hostile

119,127 Messages
    3,207 Likes Received
    No, I'm the guy who posted the video of Tom Ciskowski explaining his job which a lot of "geniuses" in here clearly did not know the details of.

Details that I had outlined over and over to derision many times. I posted the video as evidence of the man's duties, not because I follow the media. Huge difference.
  14. Hostile

119,127 Messages
    3,207 Likes Received
    Can you find me a video of Ozzie Newsome mocking and joking about Matt Millen? Fans and media did. I did. But the point was and remains laughed at in NFL circles. I don't believe so, and as bad as Millen was he still knows more about football than any of us. So let that sink in a little.
  15. DOUBLE WING

3,284 Messages
    911 Likes Received
    Can you find a video of Ozzie Newsome mocking and joking about anyone? I'm sure he's done it before in his life. I'm not sure why you'd expect me to have access to video of it.
  16. Hostile

119,127 Messages
    3,207 Likes Received
    It does not fall on me to prove the comment, because I didn't make it.

http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4959787&postcount=75

He said Dallas is laughed at by the entire league. No sir.

You can try and spin it off into Matt Millen and the price of coffee at Starbucks all you want. But the fact is the Cowboys are not disrespected and laughed at around the NFL. Outside the NFL, yes. Same with Millen. As I said, I'm even guilty of that myself.

But the comment was laughed at by the entire league. It was an is a rash statement that is completely unfounded.

You can continue to try and uphold it if you wish, but I'm not moving from that statement and all the little sidebar attempts to move from it won't work.
  17. TwoDeep3

6,470 Messages
    2,327 Likes Received
    1. Jerry could have used his resources to improve the offense this off-season after spending a zillion on defense. The defense was not that bad, and with health could have been vastly improved if the offense was not a turn over machine.

2. Jerry fired Rob Ryan. he may have needed firing, but this caused a huge problem that hasn't been considered.

3. Kiffin will need to do at least some retooling. His defense is predicated on strong defensive tackles that hold their ground and can stop the run. The machinations of the back field in this defense means there will be times the linebackers are moving with receivers and leaving the middle open for the tackles to make the plays.

It would be seriously naive to expect that this team has the personnel for the interior defensive line at this point.

4. That means resources will need to be spent that could have gone to shoring up the offense.

So in Jerry's mind as he plays GM he created a problem by hiring Kiffin he did not have to begin with.

Because the offense was the weak link, and the offensive line was the problem for the offense.

And now with the resources being allocated to defense for the new DC - a supposition at this point but scheme isn't anything if the talent isn't there to perform it.

This leaves the team with the same offense they had last year. And while Romo threw an inordinate amount of picks, it was because of the offensive line and skill player mistakes that contributed to most.

How have we fixed that?

Well, to date, we haven't.

And no amount of videos of Tom Cisnowski absolve Jerry of the moves he just made.
  18. DOUBLE WING

3,284 Messages
    911 Likes Received
    I think the fact that no other team was willing to even sniff Millen after he left Detroit is a much stronger indication of what the rest of the NFL thought of him than the fact that he was on the Competition Committee.

Doesn't the Commissioner alone appoint members to the Committee anyway? It isn't like the entire NFL takes a vote and selects someone.

Now, are we laughed at by the rest of the league? I don't know if we are or not, but I don't think anyone around the league respects Jerry as a personnel guy. Nobody else would hire him as a GM. In that respect, we..or at least he, are a complete joke.
  19. Holdenteller67

Holdenteller67 Benched

78 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    :fact:

:bow:
  20. popp1234

popp1234 You will never outwork me, you talented bum! Zone Supporter

3,274 Messages
    286 Likes Received
    The scariest thing to me is that I just came to the realization that Jerry really believes in what he is doing. He wants to win...really badly. One could only dream of the catastrophic consequences that would ensue if he actually sucked as GM because he didn't care about winning. This, to me is SCARY. :(