1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

In Sum: Why Jerry Jones is a Psycho

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by dstone2962, Jan 11, 2013.

1. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,275 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    Jerry is well respected for being a money making owner, but Jerry or Stephen couldn't get a GM job with any other team. Jerry had to buy the team to find an owner dumb enough to let him be a GM. Stephen is worse. He doesn't come off as a guy with much personality and he sure as hell doesn't know talent. Risen Star would make a better GM than either of them, so would many other fans.
  2. Bluestang

Bluestang Well-Known Member

5,550 Messages
    731 Likes Received

Regardless of the front 3-4 or 4-3, we need to upgrade the DL. If we had stayed in a 3-4, we still need a DT/NT, and a OLB/DE.

Dallas rushed 4 men or fewer 76% of the time this season. 3-4, 4-3 is doesn't really matter what you put out there as a base defense.

Nickel and Dime formations are the new rage. That's where you make a living these days in the NFL.

Sub-packages are what offenses want to attack you because you have to put lesser talented players (third DB or one-dimensional DL) on the field.
  3. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

10,471 Messages
    6,035 Likes Received
    excellent post. you pretty much said word for word why i am hesitant about this move.
  4. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,275 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    Great post. Actually, better than great.
  5. Irving Cowboy

Irving Cowboy The Chief

1,622 Messages
    84 Likes Received
    I was being sarcastic.
  6. fanfromvirginia

fanfromvirginia Inconceivable!

4,014 Messages
    164 Likes Received
    Someone on the pro-Jerry side could clear this all up by providing quotes from NFL officials, owners, players, etc, expressing their admiration for Jerry as a GM.
  7. Irving Cowboy

Irving Cowboy The Chief

1,622 Messages
    84 Likes Received
    Many of us, as fans, are laughing at this team. If anyone thinks that power brokers around the league aren't also laughing at the Cowboys, they are fooling themselves big time.
  8. Irving Cowboy

Irving Cowboy The Chief

1,622 Messages
    84 Likes Received
    I fail to see what the linked post has to do with anything.

You said that Stephen's appointment to the Competition Committee is some sort of sign of respect from around the league. It was pointed out that another laughingstock, Matt Millen, was also an appointed member of the same committee, which pretty much removes respect as a football executive as a qualifying factor.
  9. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

15,502 Messages
    2,912 Likes Received

For everybody saying we need to follow the Jag's example of how to do things, well they just fired their HC after 1 season.

So everybody saying Garrett has to have X number of years to fully implement his system and 2 yrs is just not long enough, well the Jags apparently think 1 season is more than enough to evaluate a coach.

So which is it?
  10. TheIceman

TheIceman Member

130 Messages
    10 Likes Received
    I think its kind of obvious that that's his point here. That those two jobs NEED to be separate so there's sort of a checks and balances between the owner and the football guys. Think before you post.
  11. Irving Cowboy

Irving Cowboy The Chief

1,622 Messages
    84 Likes Received
    The point being made is that the owner of the Jaguars is allowing his GM to do his job. If it doesn't translate into wins in a reasonable amount of time, he will get rid of the GM and find a new one, who will then make the changes needed. That's the way it should be. If his new GM fires his coach, so be it. It may be the wrong decision, but it was made the right way.

The owner is not a football guy, and he acknowledges that.

Listen to Jerry speak for 10 seconds, and you will be able to see that he isn't, either.
  12. Eddie

Eddie Well-Known Member

9,211 Messages
    528 Likes Received
    Yep, it's Jerry's team and he can do what he wants. He paid for it. Nothing you can do. So may as well well accept the fact that nothing is going to change.

It's the Jones' family business. You guys have no right or say to disagree with a family run business.
  13. SWG9

SWG9 Well-Known Member

1,040 Messages
    182 Likes Received
    We have a winner.

All of the people ragging on the Chiefs, Jags, etc. are missing the point. Most of us understand that it's extremely difficult to consistently field a winning team year after year.

We also understand, however, that there's a common sense/best practice approach to constructing an organization and putting a winner together.

The Chiefs and Jags are at least trying to follow that plan and are using a bit of logic in building their organizations; the Cowboys are off in left field staggering from coach to coach with no long term plan in place.
  14. rcaldw

rcaldw Well-Known Member

6,816 Messages
    1,030 Likes Received
    The only thing I would say about your objectivity, is that you could argue that it was just as much Jerry as Jimmy, if after Jimmy was gone we have had some real success. The fact that it has been like Israel's 40 year desert wanderings since Jimmy left is proof enough that Jerry wasn't the brain power behind the early 90's. He was the financier, but not the brain power. Even Jerry will admit that his track record post Jimmy would have gotten him fired in any other setting. Unfortunately, he owns the setting.
  15. BoysFan4ever

BoysFan4ever Well-Known Member

6,219 Messages
    2,014 Likes Received
    Absolutely you guys are right.
  16. ilovejerry

ilovejerry Active Member

3,338 Messages
    24 Likes Received
  17. ilovejerry

ilovejerry Active Member

3,338 Messages
    24 Likes Received
    Thats PSYCO.
  18. ilovejerry

ilovejerry Active Member

3,338 Messages
    24 Likes Received

Landry had to go. I loved him but the game had passed him by. I think Tex was the biggest part of the Cowboys. and he was getting old too. The way they Jimmy and Jerry did it could have been better but to chastise Jerry for that now is foolish, get over it, I more upset about the fact that those two couldn't work together anymore.( Jerry and Jimmy )
  19. ilovejerry

ilovejerry Active Member

3,338 Messages
    24 Likes Received
    How Tex Schram
    Doesn't get mentioned in this piece is beyond me He built Americas Team Landry coached them
  20. rcaldw

rcaldw Well-Known Member

6,816 Messages
    1,030 Likes Received
    I agree with this statement.