1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

In what round would you take Joe Adams?

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Arkyvarminter, Apr 9, 2012.

1. Arkyvarminter

Arkyvarminter Active Member

931 Messages
    102 Likes Received
    I'm a razorback fan but that's not the only reason I would like to see Joe Adams in Dallas. He is a good reciever and great punt returner which is something we need. My question is this: What round would you pick him if he was still available? He's projected to go in rounds 3-5. Would you take him in the 3rd or wait and hope he sticks around in the 4th or 5th? They said his draft stock went up after catching 8 passes for 133 yards in the senior bowl. Could he emerge into a Desean Jackson type of player??? No Bobby Petrino jokes please...:)

Joe Adams:
    Height: 5 ft. 11 in. / Weight: 190 lbs. / High 40 yard dash time: 4.49 seconds / Low 40 yard dash time: 4.38
  2. Joshmil53

Joshmil53 Active Member

2,558 Messages
    23 Likes Received
    Hopefully snag him in the 4th.
  3. jazzcat22

jazzcat22 Well-Known Member

7,696 Messages
    537 Likes Received

that's an open invitation.....

Don't know much about him, but if WR not addressed sooner with BPA, so yeah, why not a 5th at highest.
  4. Tricericon

Tricericon Member

874 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    I'm always suspicious of players whose "stock" jumps after CFB season ends. Senior Bowl not as bad as workouts, but still...
  5. cowboyschmps3

cowboyschmps3 Well-Known Member

2,405 Messages
    102 Likes Received
  6. GloryDaysRBack

GloryDaysRBack Well-Known Member

9,175 Messages
    594 Likes Received
    J wright >>>> J Adams
  7. Leadbelly

Leadbelly Active Member

412 Messages
    91 Likes Received
    Honestly prefer Wright and Childs over him. I see him as better as a returner than Dwayne Harris and worse as a receiver. Wouldn't use more than a 5th.

I don't see any DeSean Jackson in Adams' game. Wouldn't want Jackson on the Cowboys, but he can play outside the numbers and has natural hands. Adams is strictly slot WR to me and seems like more of a self-made WR -- body catching and has a small catch radius.
  8. Eskimo

Eskimo Well-Known Member

12,506 Messages
    78 Likes Received
    4th round pick but I prefer Broyles as the first option at slot WR.