1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Infuriating Pat Tillman article...

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by Danny White, Apr 29, 2004.

1. RoyBiscuit

RoyBiscuit New Member

194 Messages
    0 Likes Received

Good post. Unfortunately, there's little point in debating with small-minded idiots, and spoiled little ultra-leftist university brats like the author of this garbage article (and Bush conspiracy theorists in general) infallibly fall into that category. I guess Tillman and the rest of us are/were being "lied to" about al Qaeda? :rolleyes:
  2. Skip

Skip Member

376 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    It is probably better if I don't read what I presume to be total trash. As a matter of fact I am sure it would make my blood boil, so I will just not look this time.

Also I want to say just because we have the right to spew vemom, it does not mean we need to or should!

Tillman is a true American hero and that will not chnage!
  3. CoachParcells

CoachParcells Benched

101 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Great article. Insensitive? Oh definitely. But the warmongers in this country need to know that this kid's insensitivity pales in comparison to the insensitivity of the right wing in this country.
  4. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

60,630 Messages
    3,999 Likes Received

If you wish to talk politics...keep it in the politcial zone section of the forum.
  5. CoachParcells

CoachParcells Benched

101 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    So even though this thread has at least a half a dozen political comments, including you, you want to flash your badge on me. Yeah, real slick.
  6. BrAinPaiNt

60,630 Messages
    3,999 Likes Received
    I was talking about the person wanting to fight the government...I was not talking about the government doing anything.

And that last post was not to you it was to all in this thread.

There is a political zone for that type of talk...you know about it, you have posted there.
  7. CoachParcells

CoachParcells Benched

101 Messages
    0 Likes Received

Oops, sorry. I overreacted. My apologies.
  8. Eric_Boyer

Eric_Boyer Well-Known Member

4,448 Messages
    251 Likes Received
    ummmm. You closed this thread in the political section.

The pencil is getting put away........ :D
  9. BrAinPaiNt

60,630 Messages
    3,999 Likes Received
    I closed it because there is no use to have two of the exact same article threads in two different sections.

This article was about a person taking issue with what Pat Tillman decided to do because he had convictions to serve his country after 9-11.

It has nothing to do with the political agenda that some on this board wish to persue on either side of the coin.

Once again if you wish to talk about that stuff do it on the political site.

I specifically asked Reality to set up a political area because many of you, and I as well, like to talk about such issues...but at the same time I did not want to hear someone coming in an whining because nobody should turn the off-topic zone into their own personal politcal forum.

Now that those two areas are seperated...let's keep them that way.
  10. Eric_Boyer

4,448 Messages
    251 Likes Received
    If you can't talk about the political aspects of an article anywhere but the political forum then maybe it does need to be in two different sections?
  11. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,557 Messages
    1,918 Likes Received
    Very well said.
  12. marsbennett

marsbennett Mars Man

1,068 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    You are full of ****! When the left supports the "right" of people to suck the brains out of babies that have been delivered with only their face still inside a woman......You are a blind jackass!
  13. BrAinPaiNt

60,630 Messages
    3,999 Likes Received
    Since some can not keep politics out of this thread....I just moved the thread to the political zone.

I really find it sad that in light of someone's death from serving this country people had to resort to turning it into a political agenda.

BTW...WATCH the personal attacks.
  14. Eric_Boyer

4,448 Messages
    251 Likes Received
    I can honestly say this is the first time my suggestion has been followed up on. ;)

I don't understand why people could have a negative opinion of our servicemen but I prefer to let them say what they think even if I don't like it.
  15. BrAinPaiNt

60,630 Messages
    3,999 Likes Received

What can I say....you grow on me :p
  16. CoachParcells

CoachParcells Benched

101 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I suppose you are one of those who hate baby-killers but support shipping 'em over to the killing fields when they turn 18. And for the record, i'm not a blind jackass. I have 20-20 vision.
  17. marsbennett

marsbennett Mars Man

1,068 Messages
    0 Likes Received

the men and women that are overseas volunteer for such duty......I suppose the babies make the same choice to have infanticide take place against them....go ahead and keep twisting the facts....too bad your Mom didn't make the 'choice'

sad...out of touch....the truth just confounds you to no end.....
  18. CoachParcells

CoachParcells Benched

101 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    It's a good thing you don't have to resort to personal attacks in your arguments.
  19. marsbennett

marsbennett Mars Man

1,068 Messages
    0 Likes Received

I would like to apologize for that comment. I attempted to edit the sentence later, but have found no way to do so. There must be a time limit and I was not able to get back to it in time to do the edit. I do not wish that outcome in life (or death) on anyone, anywhere. I, again, humbly ask your forgiveness with regard to the quotation above and regret making it.

I heartily disagree with nearly everything you have to say....I'll leave it at that. :eek:
  20. CoachParcells

CoachParcells Benched

101 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    No problem.

I have no problem with that either.