1. Like to discuss POLITICS? Come join us at PUNNDITS.com!
    If you like discussing politics and other related topics then your new home (hopefully) for doing just that can be found on Punndits.com! Come join us and help us grow Punndits into a wonderful and safe place to discuss politics with everyone.
    Dismiss Notice

Twitter: Injury updates - 11/8/13

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Nov 8, 2013.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl U.N.I.T.Y Staff Member

71,867 Messages
    14,634 Likes Received
    Clarence Hill ‏@clarencehilljr 4m
    Stephen jones said Dez Bryant's back problems are more muscular than skeletal. No long term concern

Charean Williams ‏@NFLCharean 33m
    Jerry says "nobody knows" whether @hatcher97 will play this week. Hatch is on practice field, but Jerry says it'll be game-time decision.

Calvin Watkins ‏@calvinwatkins 17m
    Hatcher was worried about the nerve damage in his arm. He's doing drills.
    Dez Bryant just made a leaping catch on a pass thrown behind him.

Bryan Broaddus ‏@BryanBroaddus 20m
    @Allencb2: @BryanBroaddus Any update on Wilcox and Claiborne?” Out.
    Jerry Jones on 105.3 The Fan just said he had no knowledge of @DezBryant having any issues with his discs in his back.

Todd Archer ‏@toddarcher 25m
    Practice squad WR Tim Benford working on CB BW Webb. Simulating work vs Jimmy Graham perhaps?
    Mo Claiborne, Miles Austin doing rehab work for hamstrings

Jon Machota ‏@jonmachota 31m
    Jerry Jones said #Cowboys DT Jason Hatcher (stinger) couldn't play if there was a game today, will be a game-time decision Sunday.

2. 03EBZ06

03EBZ06 Need2Speed

7,979 Messages
    411 Likes Received
    Very good news about dez that it's a muscular issue not bone issue.

Get well soon Hatch, team needs you.

3. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

63,182 Messages
    15,434 Likes Received
    I'm shocked.

Rack Bauer and Afigueroa22 like this.
  4. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

41,030 Messages
    19,765 Likes Received
    I wish I was more comfortable believing it. I'm not normally one for wild suppositions, but the team really hasn't been very forthcoming with injury issues under Jason Garrett.

Still, if he's practicing, that's probably an indication that it's not a skeletal issue.

5. ninja

ninja Numbnuts

6,586 Messages
    1,338 Likes Received
    Miles Austin continuing to steal money, I mean, rehab his hammy. As the weeks go by, fewer and fewer people even give a rat's rear end what he is doing. Unless a WR gets injured, it would not surprise me to see Miles Austin inactive the rest of the year.

Just a matter of time before he is someone else's problem. Although, he won't be a big problem for his next team because he will be making the vet min.

6. 03EBZ06

03EBZ06 Need2Speed

7,979 Messages
    411 Likes Received
    This is true and I don't why. Is it a communication problem between team doctors to coaching staff or is it some one trying to be cute and intentionally providing false info

7. Idgit

41,030 Messages
    19,765 Likes Received
    I think they're doing it intentionally. They have to have been. Especially in Rat's case.

When I hear it, I think back to that (great) interview Garrett gave this offseason where he sort of came clean publicly on how he views his responsibilities. The obligation is to the Dallas Cowboys first, and then to the press and the fans second. Meaning, he intentionally withholds information, obviously, from the press. And I don't think it's a stretch to think that he'd mislead them, either. On a side note, I think this was part of what was going on with the play calling stuff, too.

8. pugilist

pugilist dwarecwby311

3,429 Messages
    1,714 Likes Received
    not looking good for Hatch

9. Idgit

41,030 Messages
    19,765 Likes Received
    Can you imagine what this line might look like without him if Ware weren't coming back. It's pretty unbelievable how many sustained injuries we've had at single positions groups (DL this season, ILB and S and C last season) the last two years. I wonder if it's just a statistical anomaly, or if there's an obvious cause there somewhere. It's starting to get silly. And Marinelli et al should really be commended that the DL injuries really haven't adversely affected the season more than they have. It's impressive.

pugilist likes this.
  10. Doomsay

Doomsay Well-Known Member

7,395 Messages
    2,394 Likes Received
    Agree 100%, they have consistently understated the severity / duration of injuries, more so this year IMO. Don't know why they feel compelled to do so, they are what they are.

11. pugilist

pugilist dwarecwby311

3,429 Messages
    1,714 Likes Received
    agreed. i think if there was a trend and reason for big worry we would see it in the types of injuries, but they seem to be of all different varieties so at this point I think it really is just bad luck.

Marinelli has been a godsend, absolutely the best offseason acquisition. bar none.

DEA_dad likes this.
  12. Doomsay

Doomsay Well-Known Member

7,395 Messages
    2,394 Likes Received
    The poor under-sized senior vet is holding up that line and being ground down a bit. As of last week, he had the 4th greatest number of snaps of any DT this year.

13. ehcrossing

ehcrossing Waiting for six

1,490 Messages
    1,070 Likes Received
    Jerry really is a Renaissance Man. Oilman,Owner,GM,and lately doctor.

14. bbailey423

bbailey423 Well-Known Member

5,640 Messages
    1,447 Likes Received
    under sized?

15. Future

Future Intramural Legend

17,648 Messages
    2,730 Likes Received
    Claiborne would be such a good matchup with Graham, though I would be tempted to put Carr on him with Mo out.

16. Idgit

41,030 Messages
    19,765 Likes Received
    Bill Parcels was really weird about it, too. It's probably something Jason picked up while doing his feverish HC research along the way and that's just stuck with him. Which is fine, but now we have to take every single injury update with a grain of salt. Miles, for example, was just a precautionary vet-day the first practice he was held out...three weeks ago.

17. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

22,579 Messages
    12,314 Likes Received
    In Jimmy Johnson's book, he referred to dealing with the media as his rope-a-dope routine. He wanted to give them minimal information.

18. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

12,651 Messages
    10,036 Likes Received
    miles austin is one of the biggest cowards to ever wear the star.

Shatz88 likes this.
  19. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,928 Messages
    2,891 Likes Received
    Wow, didn't know that. Good info.

20. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl U.N.I.T.Y Staff Member

71,867 Messages
    14,634 Likes Received
    Tim MacMahon ‏@espn_macmahon 1m
    Dez Bryant: "I feel good and I'm playing on Sunday. That's all y'all need to know."
    Dez Bryant on today's practice: "Let's go turn on some film. Looks like I was ------- rolling!"

Rowan Kavner ‏@KavnerDC 4m
    Dez still says he's not talking. Leaves us just with that he feels good and he'll be playing Sunday