1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Insider on Ansah: 'He's a one-year wonder'

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by RS12, Feb 7, 2013.

1. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,392 Messages
    1,261 Likes Received
    The following quotes are from NFL scouts, coaches and front-office personnel, speaking on the condition of anonymity.

• “Everyone has been talking about (BYU DE) Ziggy Ansah and throwing around comparisons. If a guy has length, some twitch and a motor, people think it’s Jason Pierre-Paul. He ain’t. Otherwise, they wouldn’t align him inside so much. He’s a one-year wonder and a tweener. ... Put on the bowl game. He was getting pushed down the field and a ball was thrown at his chest and he intercepts it. He fell into it — he didn’t create it. That’s how he produced this year.”

• “(Utah NT) Star Lotulelei has a 30-plus (inch) vertical at 320 pounds. He’s athletic and can run. He can rush the passer. I think he will get better with coaching at our level. They line him up as more of a nose, but he is athletic enough to be a three-technique. As strong as he is working half a man, he is going to create pressure.”

• “(Georgia OLB) Alec Ogletree moves like a DB playing linebacker. He’s fast, quick and athletic — he moves like a gazelle. He has run into some trouble off the field and is going to need things kept simple, but I would like to have him.”

• “I do like (Mississippi State CB Johnthan) Banks. He reminds me of the type of corners they have playing in Seattle. He’s a lot like Richard Sherman. He can play off or on and is not bad off, but that’s not his deal.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2013/02/07/insider-on-ansah-hes-a-one-year-wonder
  2. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,392 Messages
    1,261 Likes Received
    Said all along Ogletree ran like a WR, still think this guy could a Pro Bowl Safety.
  3. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,392 Messages
    1,261 Likes Received
    This missing element.
  4. DBOY3141

DBOY3141 Well-Known Member

3,218 Messages
    496 Likes Received
    Yep. I miss those players with attitude. We have none. I see no emotion, other than maybe Dez from the Cowboys. Need attitude and swagger. That mentality of "I'm going to whoop you".
  5. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

7,807 Messages
    772 Likes Received
    I agree with you there.

Would love to get some players with attitude on this team.

Swearinger fits the bill, for sure.
  6. Muhast

Muhast Newo

7,467 Messages
    173 Likes Received

(UGA FAN) he started out at Safety for UGA. We got Grantham and moved to the 3-4 and they wanted to use his freakish athleticism at LB. He def is athletic enough to move to S in my eyes, but it would be a big transition.
  7. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

7,807 Messages
    772 Likes Received
    Hmmm...Very interesting.
  8. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,596 Messages
    1,559 Likes Received
    Guys a player that likes to make big hits is going to get penalized and fined all the time anymore. Think about that.

Especially if he is a Cowboy
  9. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

12,293 Messages
    4,837 Likes Received
    I love watching this player. He hits like a LB and covers like a CB. I'm not sure why he is not rated higher.
  10. Goldenrichards83

Goldenrichards83 Active Member

1,612 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Could be the next Darren Woodson but I think we already have our SS in Church. Let's see how he runs at the combine.
  11. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

12,293 Messages
    4,837 Likes Received
    • “Everyone has been talking about (BYU DE) Ziggy Ansah and throwing around comparisons. If a guy has length, some twitch and a motor, people think it’s Jason Pierre-Paul. He ain’t. Otherwise, they wouldn’t align him inside so much. He’s a one-year wonder and a tweener. ... Put on the bowl game. He was getting pushed down the field and a ball was thrown at his chest and he intercepts it. He fell into it — he didn’t create it. That’s how he produced this year.”

He is not the same type of player as JPP. He aligns inside because he primarily plays as a 3-4 DE. His best attribute is not bending-the-corner as an outside pass-rusher. He is either a 3-4 DE or a Strong-Side DE in a Kiffin style defense.

He might be a little overrated, but using the final game as a reference does not give an accurate assessment of this player. You have to consider the offensive strategy in that game. He was either double or triple teamed on almost all plays. The offense came into that game with the mindset of not letting him beat them. This resulted in many opportunities for Van Noy against either no blocking or only a RB/FB blocking.
  12. reddyuta

reddyuta Well-Known Member

6,004 Messages
    629 Likes Received
    he would be my target at 18 if we didnt have holes along OL and DL.
  13. dargonking999

dargonking999 DKRandom

11,802 Messages
    172 Likes Received
    is it so sad that I was like why in the world is talking about Otree running like a WR he is a freakin WR...then i was like oh right ..uh...lol