1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Interesting from a number of different angles

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by rcaldw, Oct 16, 2013.

1. erod

erod Well-Known Member

4,730 Messages
    1,778 Likes Received
    It's one of the things I most like about Romo.

No quarterback in football deals with the microscope he plays under, and yet, he continues to just let 'er rip. My hope is, he knows that the VAST majority of us support him and recognize his incredible abilities. The social media age provides the know-nothings an infinite stage of live microphones to parrot each other. He ignores their ignorance beautifully.

It's so nice to see the offense coming together for him. He doesn't have to win every game by himself anymore, for the most part.
  2. JerryJonesMustGo

JerryJonesMustGo Active Member

299 Messages
    89 Likes Received
    That's what I'm saying here. Not Brady, Manning, Brees nor Rodgers means you are tier 2. although better than Stafford, Ryan and Rivers, he is NOT on the level as those guys on tier 1 and you cant have a 'tier' with only one guy. He may lead tier 2 but is still on tier 2.
    TrailBlazer and Rack Bauer like this.
  3. Future

Future Intramural Legend

16,007 Messages
    1,397 Likes Received
    Well then he's the only guy in tier 2 lol

I have no problem putting him in with the first group to be honest. He has consistently done more with less help than anybody in the league
  4. zack

zack Well-Known Member

2,090 Messages
    276 Likes Received
    Wouldn't it be great if he won the SB? What would the media do then? Who would be the next whipping boy in line? Would he still be considered a Tier 2?
  5. badronald

badronald Member

88 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    For what its worth Dameshek bleeds Steeler black and gold and hates the Cowboys. He makes every excuse in the book for Big Ben and bashes Romo at every turn. I stopped listening to his podcast because of it - not the Romo stuff, but the relentless Steeler humping.
  6. percyhoward

percyhoward Research Tool

8,196 Messages
    1,923 Likes Received
  7. Future

Future Intramural Legend

16,007 Messages
    1,397 Likes Received
    I still think its hard to put him ahead of Peyton, Brady, and Rodgers, but he's right in the discussion. I've had him #4 for years, and I don't think one Super Bowl would be enough to change that.
  8. AmberBeer

AmberBeer Well-Known Member

3,006 Messages
    1,051 Likes Received
    Yea, I don't think Romo plays defense. IT'S A TEAM GAME!!!