1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Interesting insight on Def Staff

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by LatinMind, Jan 14, 2013.

1. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,807 Messages
    1,884 Likes Received
    On todays Cowboys Break they said that for the last month of the season Jerome Henderson wasnt involved with the team def meetings. They didnt have alot of info there but said things werent right with the Def staff.

They also said Eberflus was always with Ryan everywhere.

Baker could be gone to the college ranks.

So maybe not everybody was on board with the way the def was being run, and maybe that lead to the changes at DC instead of Ryan being a scapegoat.

I was going to past this earlier but i had a busy day and forgot.
  2. Teague31

Teague31 Defender of the Star

6,370 Messages
    598 Likes Received
    The plot thickens
  3. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,118 Messages
    475 Likes Received
    Rob Ryan was not a good fit in Dallas....
  4. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,807 Messages
    1,884 Likes Received
    I think he wouldve been perfect if he wouldve kept himself in check
  5. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

10,213 Messages
    5,720 Likes Received
    the more details like this that come out, the more i think jason was the one who canned rob.
  6. batman36

batman36 Member

508 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I don't think Rob's persona meshes with Jason's at all, and ultimaley, that lead to the departure. Sure, Jerry may have pulled the trigger, but I think Jason wanted a change long ago.
  7. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    eberflus and ryan walked step for step with each other everywhere.

everyweek they would come out of the tunnel and do a lap around the field and stand right next to each other.

It looked like one was a translator for the other one or something.

so anyone who thinks eberflus stays, no way.
  8. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,807 Messages
    1,884 Likes Received
    Yeah thats what they were saying today. Eberflus is pretty much gone.
  9. dupree89

dupree89 Well-Known Member

2,015 Messages
    1,141 Likes Received

How could this be possible? Note: I am not doubting you or the source...I am asking how it's possible for an organization to operate this way.
  10. FuzzyLumpkins

FuzzyLumpkins The Boognish

16,463 Messages
    2,277 Likes Received
    Eatman was also saying that Ryan would skip meetings. These are defensive meetings mind you. It sounded like it's just the product of a sloppy environment where the leader is not accountable thus no one else is.

In my experience when you work with people you don't get along with you avoid them.
  11. Leadbelly

Leadbelly Well-Known Member

714 Messages
    277 Likes Received
    Seems odd that Ryan would then be surprised at getting let go. But I agree the insights were interesting and Garrett/Ryan weren't a love connection.

Though, Eatman was also saying once a guy's gone, suddenly everything comes out and you can't necessarily believe it all. Every little problem gets assigned to the guy who's no longer around to defend himself. Every draft bust was wanted by that coach. Every molehill becomes a mountain. etc.
  12. dart

dart Benched

811 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    lets hope Monte brings in Raheem Morris
  13. dupree89

2,015 Messages
    1,141 Likes Received
    I have to believe that Rob Ryan bailing on def. meetings is something Garrett didnt know about- because the head coach would certainly put an end to that...or I would hope. I find faults with JG, but I dont think for a minute he would let this happen. He seems very good at planning, organizing, attention to details etc.
  14. vegas777

vegas777 Member

48 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    So Ryan wasn't at the meetings according to the same show a few days ago. Henderson wasn't at the meetings. Eberflus was always with Ryan everywhere (obvisously not at the meeting since Ryan wasn't there). I find it hard to believe 2 or 3 coaches weren't at the defensive meetings. IF this is true, and that's a big IF, who was running the meetings Sean Lee? I'm not buying this. Sorry. This is the only show that is info is coming from. Frankly I don't care if Ryan was fired or not. I honestly think he and defensive coaches did a good job getting players off their couch on Thursday to be able to play on Sunday.
  15. dupree89

2,015 Messages
    1,141 Likes Received

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

EXCELLENT POINT.
  16. Mansta54

Mansta54 Well-Known Member

9,691 Messages
    211 Likes Received
    They also said that Baker and Henderson were very well liked around VR and they were good teachers and brought a lot of energy to the team.
  17. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,807 Messages
    1,884 Likes Received
    yeah i think the only one who leaves is eberflus
  18. TheFinisher

TheFinisher Well-Known Member

2,484 Messages
    650 Likes Received
    We needed to make this lockerroom more Garrett friendly. Ryan was a cancer.

;)
  19. CowboysLegend365

CowboysLegend365 Active Member

326 Messages
    125 Likes Received
    Idk....I mean if this is true why would the PLAYERS of all people be surprised...their tweets like "***" & "I'm hurting right now" make it seem like he was there leading them 24/7
  20. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,532 Messages
    2,217 Likes Received
    Just piling on after a guy is gone.

Pretty much how it goes.